Maikhao Beach Activities
What to Do in Maikhao Beach
Mai Khao used to be isolated from most areas because of its distant location as well as its National Park status, but this is not the case any more. The opening of Splash Jungle Waterpark at West Sands Resort at the beginning of 2010 promoted Mai Khao to a must-visit destination, especially for families with young kids.
However, it is hoped that Mai Khao still stay as beautiful as ever with its lovely long causarina-lined beach and very little development.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
KidzSole Flying Trapeze is an exciting activity by the beach in Mai Khao, were you can experience the thrill of flying in a safe and simple way. A smaller version of the famous circus apparatus, the trapeze has a horizontal pole, suspended from two lines, free to swing back and forth with the visitor hanging from it. Needing only a few minutes of very basic instruction, you can go from the ground to swinging around at high speed in next to no time at all.
Located in the grounds of the Micky Monkey Beach Hotel, which is right on (and roughly at the mid-point of) Mai Khao Beach, KidzSole also Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00
- Location: Micky Monkey Beach Hotel, Mai Khao
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KidzSole
Splash Jungle Waterpark covers 6,400sqm (4 Rai) of land and cost around 150 million baht (US$4 million) to build. It is located inside West Sands Resorton Mai Khao Beach. This attraction was designed by the Canadian company Whitewater Industries, one of the world’s leading water equipment makers with parks at Disneyland and SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida and more than 3,000 others.
Splash Jungle Waterpark features numerous waterslides of varying heights and speeds as well as a 335-metre ‘Lazy River, Boomerango rides and a wave pool. Read More...
- Location: Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-372002
- Price Range: 1,495 Baht per adult and 750 Baht net for children. Kids below 100cm high can get in for free.
- Tour Available: Splash Jungle Waterpark
Spa and Thai Massage in Mai Khao Beach
Most resorts in Phuket offer spa and Thai massage and the five-star ones feature incredible spa centres, with treatments by well-trained therapists.
Many spas, big and small, also offer the herbal hot ball treatment (a mixture of herbs wrapped in a muslin bag steamed until hot before placing on strategic body parts) which has been a popular treatment in Thailand for many centuries and is known to help ease pain, stiff joints and more. For the Mai Khao area, try the luxury spas at JW Marriott, Anantara and SALA Phuket.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Tel: Mandara Spa at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa: +66 (0) 76-338000, Sala Phuket Resort: +66 (0) 76-338888, Anantara Resort and Spa: +66 76-336100
Beach and Reef Cleanup
The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation, in conjunction with many organizations including schools, dive operators, hotels and the Phuket Marine and Coastal Conservation Center, organise regular beach and reef cleanups as a part of the turtle conservation plan in Mai Khao area. The aim is to clean up the reef and beach to encourage marine turtles to come back to lay eggs on Mai Khao Beach in the nesting season during November – April. For more information on this event, please contact Khun Khemwalai at the Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation on + 66 (0) 86-6892230 or email email@example.com
- Opening Hours: Call to check the next clean up schedule
- Location: Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0) 86-6892230 (for Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation)