Patong Beach Activities
What to Do in Patong Beach
Patong Beach activities encompass a wide range of leisure and exciting sporting occupations besides the fact the prime resort in Phuket has gained a rock-solid reputation over the years as the place to go for heavy partying.
Those who are looking for more than just a crazy night out can also enjoy other activities at many of its fun venues including parasailing, cable skiing, target shooting, Thai cooking classes, bowling, batik painting classes, elephant trekking, go-kart and a lot more. There is always something to do in Patong; it is absolutely impossible to get bored in such a lively place filled in with such an amount of thrilling things to do.
Other Activities in Patong
Patong used to have a several bowling alleys but this is not the case any more. Bowling fans should head to SF Strike Bowl, located inside Jungceylon main mall near Soi Bangla. This 16-lane arrangement is part of the SF Cinema City, which also has a karaoke joint. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 – 01:00
- Location: In Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
If you need an adrenaline fix, look no further than bungy jumping. For those adventurous types who live for challenges, you can jump and bounce 50 metres over the green-blue water of the Jungle Lagoon at the Jungle Bungy Jump in Kathu.
Set over a picturesque pond, formerly an old tin mining site but now a safe location for experiencing big-time thrills, look for Jungle Bungy Jump on the main road leading out of Patong to Phuket Town near the major intersection at Kathu. Another venue is World Bungy in Soi Kebsap 2, Patong which claims to be the highest bungy jump in Southeast Asia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Jungle Bungy Jump daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Jungle Bungy Jump is on Wichitsongkram Road, Kathu (+66 (0) 76-321351)
Batik Painting Classes
Another interesting way to spend your time in Phuket is to learn the art of batik painting. Club Andaman Beach Resort holds a batik painting class every afternoon. You can enjoy applying batik on T-Shirts or handkerchiefs at the cost of 750 baht per person. A day advance booking is required.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 13:00 - 15:00
- Location: Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530
- How to get there: Look for a very small soi (street) opposite of well known Nanai Road on Sai Namyen Road
SF City in Jungceylon is a centre of fun activities and a good alternative to hanging round bars over the road. It features five movie theatres, karaoke rooms and a 16-lane bowling centre. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: SF City inside Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
Thailand's deforestation has not been kind to its national beast, and the elephant population is now at a critically low level. Formerly used to fell logs and battle on the front lines in times of war, the Thai elephant is still expected to ‘earn its keep’ to survive. Happily, the tourism trade is a way to protect the lives of the elephants while providing the means to satisfy their enormous appetites.
Riding on the back of an elephant and seeing the grace, dexterity and personality of this giant pachyderm up close is an experience that is not soon forgotten. Just be sure to use only the services of an operation that looks after the health and wellbeing of its animals - some in Phuket clearly fail to properly care for their elephants. For Elephants trekking in Patong try Camp Chang Kalim which offers three program each day from 30 min to 45 min and one hour. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 - 18:30
- Location: Camp Chang Kalim is located near Sung Sawan Restaurant in Kalim on Phrabarami Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 87 8982260
Escape Hunt Phuket is a fun and challenging live escape game in which players step back to the end of the 19th Century to take the role of Sherlock Holmes and solve the series of puzzle against the clock that will lead to free them from the room they are locked in. Located diagonally opposite Tiger Kingdom on the Kathu side of Patong Beach (600m from the mountain’s foot) this exciting activity opened in August 2014. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Diagonally opposite Tiger Kingdom and Patong Go-Kart Speedway at the foot of Patong’s mountain on the Kathu side
- Tel: 076 323 861 or 082 789 9620
Football Crazy Golf Phuket opened in December 2011 and is located next to the original Phuket Go-Kart circuit at the bottom of Patong hill’s Kathu side. This activity is extremely popular in Scandinavian countries where tournaments are organized every year but is relatively new to Thailand (the first Football Golf course opened in Koh Samui in 2005).
This sport is obviously a mix of football and golf. Phuket Football Crazy Golf is set on a four rai (6,400sqm) field and offers an 18-hole, 69-par course. Fun for the whole family, this sport does not require any specific skill, as Peter – the manager of the place says: “often, girls beat Read More...
- Location: on Phra Baramee Road at the foot of Patong hill, in a small soi on the right-hand side when going toward Patong Beach.
- Remarks: : Football Crazy Golf is situated in a soi full of activities: go-kart, motocross, ATV, buggy, monkey show, cobra show, elephant trekking are all in the vicinity. Free Wi-Fi.
- Tel: +66 (0)76 611 088
If you’re the type of person who loves to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle, Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you. Eco-friendly and well executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle in a decidedly aerial way.
We arrive at a lobby thronging with participants and have a quick look around. The place is superbly designed, with artistic touches here and there, immaculate toilets and a restaurant to the left of the lobby. We then watch a safety-and-information DVD on a 40” flat screen TV incongruously hanging in a bamboo-and-thatch hut that is so well done that it gains a round of applause from Read More...
- Location: on the road to Kathu Waterfall
- Address: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok Kathu, Wichitsongkram Road, Phuket 83120
A visit to Thailand wouldn’t be the same without having a traditional Thai massage and/or an herbal sauna. Phuket is an ideal place to experience such treatments as the number of related businesses is growing fast.
There are many gay-friendly massage shops at the Paradise Complexincluding Thai Thai Massage, OP Thai Massage, Mein Schatz Massage and Happy Life Spa & Massage. When comparing prices, most are in the same range such as Thai massage at 200 baht per hour, oil massage up to 400 baht and foot massages 300 baht per hour Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open as early as 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Inside Royal Paradise Complex on Rat-U-Thit Road
The Patong Go-kart Speedway is open every day from 10:00 – 19:00. Hone your driving skills on a challenging racing track. Single and double karts plus helmets are available and there's floodlighting for evening races. The track has a car park, restaurant and seating area for spectators. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: On the main road in Kathu, between Patong Beach on the way to Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-321949
Opened in August 2009, Kathu Mining Museum is a very informative cultural and historical attraction. In the past Phuket was a major tin-producing centre and drew thousands of Chinese labourers who eventually settled on the island. In short, Phuket would not have its multicultural identity without tin.
The museum features displays of everything from tin mine models to a scene in an opium den. A visit with a guide (or someone who has some knowledge about Phuket's history) is recommended. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 08:00 – 16:00, Closed on Sunday
- Location: On the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British Curriculum School. You can't miss the entrance: a Sino-Portuguese shaped double arch.
The Kids Club Phuket is a safe, fun and conveniently-situated children’s entertainment centre and party venue in the heart of Patong, just a short distance from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road. Featuring a huge range of exciting games and activities alongside rigorous security and cleanliness checks, it is the perfect place to let your kids loose while you enjoy a peaceful massage, a great meal or some intensive shopping.
Sponsored by St. James Properties – a local real estate agent – the club covers the whole 800 square metres of the upper floor of Patong Promenade mall. It has slides, crawl tubes, swings, a trampoline, a ball room, a Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: 2nd Floor, Patong Promenade, 70 Bangla Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1310
Loch Palm is described as "balancing challenge and fairness." The greens are maintained at playable speeds that are never superfast, thus encouraging visiting golfers to return.
Nevertheless, there are plenty of testing carries across water and close encounters with impenetrable jungle. Placed neatly within a cordon of hills, the flight of most shots can be easily tracked through the air against a background of forest or jungle. Read More...
- Address: 38 Moo 5 Vichitsongkram Rd., Kathu District, Phuket , Thailand. 83120
- Tel: +66 (0)76 321 929-34
Patong Minigolf is a novel and creative way to have some fun in the sun (or even at night). Located on the roof of Banana Walk on Patong’s Beach Road, it features 18 challenging holes and a range of simple but highly-appreciated facilities to give you some great laughs. It is a unique and family-friendly activity in the popular resort town, offering 360-degree views and a well-thought-out, high-quality course, making it good value for money and an entertaining change from lying on the beach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 24:00
- Location: Banana Walk Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0)91 762 2628
Patong Shooting Ranges
Two shooting ranges specially designed for those experienced in using handguns and rifles. Guns and rifles come in various calibres and all ammunition used consists of special range bullets. The cost varies according to the gun models and quantity of bullets spent. Kathu Shooting Range (Tel: +66 (0) 76-323996), near Loch Palm Golf Club has been operating many years while the Patong Shooting Range, on the Phuket- Patong Road started in late 2007.
Another way to get the feel of a real gun is to go to the Shooting Café inside Patong Jungceylon (Tel: +66 (0) 81 5968980). It is the only shooting range located in a shopping mall with air con in the south of Thailand. They offer 22, .38, .357, 9mm and 11mm with choices of moving and fixed targets. And yes, you can order typical café-type grub here as well as beer too at the Shooting Cafe.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kathu Shooting Range, near Loch Palm Golf Club in Kathu - Patong Shooting Range, on the hilly road from Phuket Town to Patong Beach, near Kathu Water Station - Shooting Café, inside Jungceylon, open daily from 10:00 – 23:00
The 18-hole course, set in a valley, runs through forest, undulating hills and flat country. Water comes into play at seven holes, and there are 54 bunkers. It could never be called daunting and offers the prospect of a relatively low score. On the other hand, the nine-hole course (par 38) is a true test for golfers of all standards. Only one hole is free from having water in play, and there are 27 bunkers. Read More...
- Address: 80/1 Moo 7, Vichitsongkram Raod, Katu, Phuket 83120
- Tel: +66 (0)76 319 200-204
Cable skiing is one of the most fun and challenging activities in Phuket. It is located in a man-made freshwater lake 410 metres long, 110 metres wide and two metres deep. The cable speed varies from 28-58 kph and participants are closely supervised by experienced instructors.
Wakeboards, gloves, vests, waterskis, helmets, and lifesaving gear can be rented while basic lessons are provided free of charge by staff members. Phuket Wake Park also has special team building activities and can handle groups of up to 40 people. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Kathu Waterfall, not far from the lively entertainment Phuket Palazzo Theatre and Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)88 752 7701
Opened in 2007 in Phuket’s Kathu district, Red Mountain Golf Club is located on what used to be a tin mine right next to its sister golf course - Loch Palm Golf Club – and has become one of the favourite courses in Phuket. Red Mountain golf landed its name from the mesa-style appearance of its landscape, made up of red soil, granite rocks, hills, and vegetation.
Located only 15mn by car from Phuket Town and Patong Beach, it is a great place – far from it all on a busier and busier island. The 224 hectare 18-hole course is a par 72 with a total length of 6,781 yards. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 06:00 – 19:00 – Golf starts as soon as visibility is good and ends accordingly
- Location: Kathu district, between Kathu village and Kathu waterfall
- Remarks: Due to the time required to complete a course it is advised to start as early as possible to avoid the oppressive heat
- Tel: +66 (0)76 322 000-1
Traditional Thai massage is quite unlike Western versions, involving a combination of assisted stretching and acupressure, rather than manipulation of muscles. Don't worry though, in busy Patong every known variation of massage treatment is readily available at any one of 100 or more establishments. Other styles of massage are also to be found - and as the number of spa and massage centres opening around Patong increases, so too do the range of treatments available - and the level of professionalism.
For some high-end spas, try Aspara Spa in Holiday Inn Phuket and Spa Clinique at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
For those interested in a more ‘interactive’ and perhaps discreet massage, and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open at around 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Everywhere in Patong
Do you love the exotic flavours of Thai food? Would you like to learn the secrets of authentic Thai cooking? What better place than right here in Phuket. Courses range from simple introductions giving you a taste of the basics of Thai cooking all the way to intensive classes that can turn you into a Master Chef.
Pum’s Cooking School and Restaurant in Patong is open daily from 10:00 to 23:00 and there are four lengths of cookery class: 90 minutes, four hours, five hours and six hours-plus. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Heart of Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, not far from Jungceylon
The Chamber of Secrets in Phuket is the second real-life ‘room escape’ game to open in Thailand (after Escape Hunt in Bangkok). Growing in popularity across the world, room escape games offer players a fun way to escape reality and use their intelligence in a practical way.
The rules are simple: a group of four people are ‘locked’ in a room and have to find their way out by using various objects and clues in their environment. In less than one hour players have to successfully solve a certain number of puzzles opening a succession of rooms, until the final exit door opens and lets them free. Read More...
- Opening Hours: daily from 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road at the third floor of Patong Promenade
Yoga has become a trendy thing in Phuket in the past few years. Many experienced instructors have relocated themselves to this beautiful island. The closest yoga centre to Patong is Bikram Yoga Phuket situated in Kathu District not far from the Go-Kart track. It uses the Hatha Yoga method (a sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises practiced in a heated room). They have a full spacious service studio with floor-to-ceiling windows and mirrors, complimentary mats and towel rentals as well as complimentary lockers, two spacious student lounges and parking.
Alternatively, many hotels and resorts in and around Patong offer yoga classes on a daily basis or can arrange a private session for you. Such places include Club Andaman Beach Resort, Millennium Resort Patong, and Sun Hill Hotel amongst others.
- Opening Hours: Call to check for each class schedule
- Location: Bikram Yoga Phuket on Phrabarami Road, Kathu (Tel: +66 (0) 76-202173) Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530) Millennium Resort Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 76-601999) Sun Hill Hotel on Nanai Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0)76-345275)
Zorbing is a fun activity for the whole family. Opened in 2012 and located near Lim’s restaurant on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track (one of the longest tracks in the world!) inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Take the Soi at the corner of the Orchid Hotel and Spa in Kalim. Zorbing at Rollerball is well indicated along the uphill road
- Tel: 089 872 6532 or 084 240 9215