Patong Beach Activities
What to Do in Patong Beach
Patong Beach activities encompass a wide range of leisure and exciting sporting occupations besides the fact the prime resort in Phuket has gained a rock-solid reputation over the years as the place to go for heavy partying.
Those who are looking for more than just a crazy night out can also enjoy other activities at many of its fun venues including parasailing, cable skiing, target shooting, Thai cooking classes, bowling, batik painting classes, elephant trekking, go-kart and a lot more. There is always something to do in Patong; it is absolutely impossible to get bored in such a lively place filled in with such an amount of thrilling things to do.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Other Activities in Patong
Patong used to have a several bowling alleys but this is not the case any more. Bowling fans should head to SF Strike Bowl, located inside Jungceylon main mall near Soi Bangla. This 16-lane arrangement is part of the SF Cinema City, which also has a karaoke joint. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 – 01:00
- Location: In Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
If you need an adrenaline fix, look no further than bungy jumping. For those adventurous types who live for challenges, you can jump and bounce 50 metres over the green-blue water of the Jungle Lagoon at the Jungle Bungy Jump in Kathu.
Set over a picturesque pond, formerly an old tin mining site but now a safe location for experiencing big-time thrills, look for Jungle Bungy Jump on the main road leading out of Patong to Phuket Town near the major intersection at Kathu. Another venue is World Bungy in Soi Kebsap 2, Patong which claims to be the highest bungy jump in Southeast Asia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Jungle Bungy Jump daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Jungle Bungy Jump is on Wichitsongkram Road, Kathu (+66 (0) 76-321351)
Batik Painting Classes
Another interesting way to spend your time in Phuket is to learn the art of batik painting. Club Andaman Beach Resort holds a batik painting class every afternoon. You can enjoy applying batik on T-Shirts or handkerchiefs at the cost of 750 baht per person. A day advance booking is required.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 13:00 - 15:00
- Location: Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530
- How to get there: Look for a very small soi (street) opposite of well known Nanai Road on Sai Namyen Road
SF City in Jungceylon is a centre of fun activities and a good alternative to hanging round bars over the road. It features five movie theatres, karaoke rooms and a 16-lane bowling centre. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: SF City inside Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
Thailand's deforestation has not been kind to its national beast, and the elephant population is now at a critically low level. Formerly used to fell logs and battle on the front lines in times of war, the Thai elephant is still expected to ‘earn its keep’ to survive. Happily, the tourism trade is a way to protect the lives of the elephants while providing the means to satisfy their enormous appetites.
Riding on the back of an elephant and seeing the grace, dexterity and personality of this giant pachyderm up close is an experience that is not soon forgotten. Just be sure to use only the services of an operation that looks after the health and wellbeing of its animals - some in Phuket clearly fail to properly care for their elephants. For Elephants trekking in Patong try Camp Chang Kalim which offers three program each day from 30 min to 45 min and one hour. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 - 18:30
- Location: Camp Chang Kalim is located near Sung Sawan Restaurant in Kalim on Phrabarami Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 87 8982260
Escape Hunt Phuket is a fun and challenging live escape game in which players step back to the end of the 19th Century to take the role of Sherlock Holmes and solve the series of puzzle against the clock that will lead to free them from the room they are locked in. Located diagonally opposite Tiger Kingdom on the Kathu side of Patong Beach (600m from the mountain’s foot) this exciting activity opened in August 2014. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Diagonally opposite Tiger Kingdom and Patong Go-Kart Speedway at the foot of Patong’s mountain on the Kathu side
- Tel: 076 323 861 or 082 789 9620
If you’re the type of person who loves to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle, Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you. Eco-friendly and well executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle in a decidedly aerial way.
We arrive at a lobby thronging with participants and have a quick look around. The place is superbly designed, with artistic touches here and there, immaculate toilets and a restaurant to the left of the lobby. We then watch a safety-and-information DVD on a 40” flat screen TV incongruously hanging in a bamboo-and-thatch hut that is so well done that it gains a round of applause from a rowdy group of students. Read More...
- Location: on the road to Kathu Waterfall
- Address: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok Kathu, Wichitsongkram Road, Phuket 83120
A visit to Thailand wouldn’t be the same without having a traditional Thai massage and/or an herbal sauna. Phuket is an ideal place to experience such treatments as the number of related businesses is growing fast.
There are many gay-friendly massage shops at the Paradise Complex including Thai Thai Massage, OP Thai Massage, Mein Schatz Massage and Happy Life Spa & Massage. When comparing prices, most are in the same range such as Thai massage at 200 baht per hour, oil massage up to 400 baht and foot massages 300 baht per hour Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open as early as 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Inside Royal Paradise Complex on Rat-U-Thit Road
The Patong Go-kart Speedway is open every day from 10:00 – 19:00. Hone your driving skills on a challenging racing track. Single and double karts plus helmets are available and there's floodlighting for evening races. The track has a car park, restaurant and seating area for spectators. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: On the main road in Kathu, between Patong Beach on the way to Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-321949
Kathu Mining Museum
Opened in August 2009, Kathu Mining Museum is a very informative cultural and historical attraction. In the past Phuket was a major tin-producing centre and drew thousands of Chinese labourers who eventually settled on the island. In short, Phuket would not have its multicultural identity without tin.
The museum features displays of everything from tin mine models to a scene in an opium den. A visit with a guide (or someone who has some knowledge about Phuket's history) is recommended.
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 08:00 – 16:00, Closed on Sunday
- Location: On the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British Curriculum School. You can't miss the entrance: a Sino-Portuguese shaped double arch.
Patong Shooting Ranges
Two shooting ranges specially designed for those experienced in using handguns and rifles. Guns and rifles come in various calibres and all ammunition used consists of special range bullets. The cost varies according to the gun models and quantity of bullets spent. Kathu Shooting Range (Tel: +66 (0) 76-323996), near Loch Palm Golf Club has been operating many years while the Patong Shooting Range, on the Phuket- Patong Road started in late 2007.
Another way to get the feel of a real gun is to go to the Shooting Café inside Patong Jungceylon (Tel: +66 (0) 81 5968980). It is the only shooting range located in a shopping mall with air con in the south of Thailand. They offer 22, .38, .357, 9mm and 11mm with choices of moving and fixed targets. And yes, you can order typical café-type grub here as well as beer too at the Shooting Cafe.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kathu Shooting Range, near Loch Palm Golf Club in Kathu - Patong Shooting Range, on the hilly road from Phuket Town to Patong Beach, near Kathu Water Station - Shooting Café, inside Jungceylon, open daily from 10:00 – 23:00
Cable skiing is one of the most fun and challenging activities in Phuket. It is located in a man-made freshwater lake 410 metres long, 110 metres wide and two metres deep. The cable speed varies from 28-58 kph and participants are closely supervised by experienced instructors.
Wakeboards, gloves, vests, waterskis, helmets, and lifesaving gear can be rented while basic lessons are provided free of charge by staff members. Phuket Wake Park also has special team building activities and can handle groups of up to 40 people. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Kathu Waterfall, not far from the lively entertainment Phuket Palazzo Theatre and Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)88 752 7701
Traditional Thai massage is quite unlike Western versions, involving a combination of assisted stretching and acupressure, rather than manipulation of muscles. Don't worry though, in busy Patong every known variation of massage treatment is readily available at any one of 100 or more establishments. Other styles of massage are also to be found - and as the number of spa and massage centres opening around Patong increases, so too do the range of treatments available - and the level of professionalism.
For those interested in a more ‘interactive’ and perhaps discreet massage, and depending on the type and location of the establishment, a whole range of other massage services can be provided. Christin Massage on Rat-U-Thit Road is one of the larger such establishments, but visitors will have no difficulty in locating many smaller massage parlours offering a very personal service. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open at around 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Everywhere in Patong
Do you love the exotic flavours of Thai food? Would you like to learn the secrets of authentic Thai cooking? What better place than right here in Phuket. Courses range from simple introductions giving you a taste of the basics of Thai cooking all the way to intensive classes that can turn you into a Master Chef.
Pum’s Cooking School and Restaurant in Patong is open daily from 10:00 to 23:00 and there are four lengths of cookery class: 90 minutes, four hours, five hours and six hours-plus. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Heart of Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, not far from Jungceylon
- Tour Available: Phuket Cookery School
Yoga has become a trendy thing in Phuket in the past few years. Many experienced instructors have relocated themselves to this beautiful island. The closest yoga centre to Patong is Bikram Yoga Phuket situated in Kathu District not far from the Go-Kart track. It uses the Hatha Yoga method (a sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises practiced in a heated room). They have a full spacious service studio with floor-to-ceiling windows and mirrors, complimentary mats and towel rentals as well as complimentary lockers, two spacious student lounges and parking.
Alternatively, many hotels and resorts in and around Patong offer yoga classes on a daily basis or can arrange a private session for you. Such places include Club Andaman Beach Resort, Millennium Resort Patong, and Sun Hill Hotel amongst others.
- Opening Hours: Call to check for each class schedule
- Location: Bikram Yoga Phuket on Phrabarami Road, Kathu (Tel: +66 (0) 76-202173) Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530) Millennium Resort Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 76-601999) Sun Hill Hotel on Nanai Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0)76-345275)
Zorbing is a fun activity for the whole family. Opened in 2012 and located near Lim’s restaurant on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track (one of the longest tracks in the world!) inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Take the Soi at the corner of the Orchid Hotel and Spa in Kalim. Zorbing at Rollerball is well indicated along the uphill road
- Tel: 089 872 6532 or 084 240 9215