30 Minutes to Escape
Great for families and groups of friends, 30 Minutes to Escape features two themed rooms to choose from, each with their own set of clues and puzzles that you must decipher in less than 30 minutes in order to win. The live action game is filled with excitement and is a great way to engage in Read More...
Bowling in Jungceylon
Patong used to have a several bowling alleys but this is not the case any more. Bowling fans should head to SF Strike Bowl, located inside Jungceylon main mall near Soi Bangla. This 16-lane arrangement is part of the SF Cinema City, which also has a karaoke joint. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 – 01:00
- Location: In Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
Bungy Jump in Phuket
If you need an adrenaline fix, look no further than bungy jumping. For those adventurous types who live for challenges, you can jump and bounce 50 metres over the green-blue water of the Jungle Lagoon at the Jungle Bungy Jump in Kathu.
Set over a picturesque pond, formerly an old tin mining site but now a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Jungle Bungy Jump daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Jungle Bungy Jump is on Wichitsongkram Road, Kathu (+66 (0) 76-321351)
Batik Painting Classes
Another interesting way to spend your time in Phuket is to learn the art of batik painting. Club Andaman Beach Resort holds a batik painting class every afternoon. You can enjoy applying batik on T-Shirts or handkerchiefs at the cost of 750 baht per person. A day advance booking is required.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 13:00 - 15:00
- Location: Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530
- How to get there: Look for a very small soi (street) opposite of well known Nanai Road on Sai Namyen Road
Cinemas in Patong Beach
SF City in Jungceylon is a centre of fun activities and a good alternative to hanging round bars over the road. It features five movie theatres, karaoke rooms and a 16-lane bowling centre. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: SF City inside Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-600111
Escape Hunt Phuket
Escape Hunt Phuket is a fun and challenging live escape game in which players step back to the end of the 19th Century to take the role of Sherlock Holmes and solve the series of puzzle against the clock that will lead to free them from the room they are locked in. Located diagonally opposite Tiger Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Diagonally opposite Tiger Kingdom and Patong Go-Kart Speedway at the foot of Patong’s mountain on the Kathu side
- Tel: 076 323 861 or 082 789 9620
Football Crazy Golf
Football Crazy Golf Phuket opened in December 2011 and is located next to the original Phuket Go-Kart circuit at the bottom of Patong hill’s Kathu side. This activity is extremely popular in Scandinavian countries where tournaments are organized every year but is relatively new to Thailand (the first Football Golf course opened in Koh Samui in Read More...
- Location: on Phra Baramee Road at the foot of Patong hill, in a small soi on the right-hand side when going toward Patong Beach.
- Remarks: : Football Crazy Golf is situated in a soi full of activities: go-kart, motocross, ATV, buggy, monkey show, cobra show, elephant trekking are all in the vicinity. Free Wi-Fi.
- Tel: +66 (0)76 611 088
If you’re the type of person who loves to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle, Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you. Eco-friendly and well executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle in a decidedly aerial way.
We arrive at a lobby thronging with participants and have a quick look Read More...
- Location: on the road to Kathu Waterfall
- Address: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok Kathu, Wichitsongkram Road, Phuket 83120
Gay Friendly Massage in Patong
A visit to Thailand wouldn’t be the same without having a traditional Thai massage and/or an herbal sauna. Phuket is an ideal place to experience such treatments as the number of related businesses is growing fast.
There are many gay-friendly massage shops at the Paradise Complex including Thai Thai Massage, OP Thai Massage, Mein Schatz Massage Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open as early as 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Inside Royal Paradise Complex on Rat-U-Thit Road
The Patong Go-kart Speedway is open every day from 10:00 – 19:00. Hone your driving skills on a challenging racing track. Single and double karts plus helmets are available and there's floodlighting for evening races. The track has a car park, restaurant and seating area for spectators. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: On the main road in Kathu, between Patong Beach on the way to Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-321949
Kathu Mining Museum
Opened in August 2009, Kathu Mining Museum is a very informative cultural and historical attraction. In the past Phuket was a major tin-producing centre and drew thousands of Chinese labourers who eventually settled on the island. In short, Phuket would not have its multicultural identity without tin.
The museum features displays of everything from tin mine Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 08:00 – 16:00, Closed on Sunday
- Location: On the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British Curriculum School. You can't miss the entrance: a Sino-Portuguese shaped double arch.
The Kids Club Phuket
The Kids Club Phuket is a safe, fun and conveniently-situated children’s entertainment centre and party venue in the heart of Patong, just a short distance from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road. Featuring a huge range of exciting games and activities alongside rigorous security and cleanliness checks, it is the perfect place to let your kids Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: 2nd Floor, Patong Promenade, 70 Bangla Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1310
Loch Palm Golf Club
Loch Palm is described as "balancing challenge and fairness." The greens are maintained at playable speeds that are never superfast, thus encouraging visiting golfers to return.
Nevertheless, there are plenty of testing carries across water and close encounters with impenetrable jungle. Placed neatly within a cordon of hills, the flight of most shots can be easily Read More...
- Address: 38 Moo 5 Vichitsongkram Rd., Kathu District, Phuket , Thailand. 83120
- Tel: +66 (0)76 321 929-34
Patong Minigolf is a novel and creative way to have some fun in the sun (or even at night). Located on the roof of Banana Walk on Patong’s Beach Road, it features 18 challenging holes and a range of simple but highly-appreciated facilities to give you some great laughs. It is a unique and family-friendly activity Read More...
Patong Shooting Ranges
Two shooting ranges specially designed for those experienced in using handguns and rifles. Guns and rifles come in various calibres and all ammunition used consists of special range bullets. The cost varies according to the gun models and quantity of bullets spent. Kathu Shooting Range (Tel: +66 (0) 76-323996), near Loch Palm Golf Club has been operating many years while the Patong Shooting Range, on the Phuket- Patong Road started in late 2007.
Another way to get the feel of a real gun is to go to the Shooting Café inside Patong Jungceylon (Tel: +66 (0) 81 5968980). It is the only shooting range located in a shopping mall with air con in the south of Thailand. They offer 22, .38, .357, 9mm and 11mm with choices of moving and fixed targets. And yes, you can order typical café-type grub here as well as beer too at the Shooting Cafe.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kathu Shooting Range, near Loch Palm Golf Club in Kathu - Patong Shooting Range, on the hilly road from Phuket Town to Patong Beach, near Kathu Water Station - Shooting Café, inside Jungceylon, open daily from 10:00 – 23:00
Phuket Bubble Football
Phuket Bubble Football provides heaps of fun for guys and girls on the pitch. With an added twist, enjoy a fun game of football, perfect for friends looking for something sporty but different, team-building work functions and special events like birthdays and stag parties. While most of the regular rules of football apply, and a referee Read More...
- Opening Hours: Varies depending on venue
- Location: Various, including Patong FC, Soi Nanai, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)63 384 7499
- Price Range: From 6,500 baht for 1 hour with 10 bubbles
Phuket Country Club Golf
The 18-hole course, set in a valley, runs through forest, undulating hills and flat country. Water comes into play at seven holes, and there are 54 bunkers. It could never be called daunting and offers the prospect of a relatively low score. On the other hand, the nine-hole course (par 38) is a true test for Read More...
- Address: 80/1 Moo 7, Vichitsongkram Raod, Katu, Phuket 83120
- Tel: +66 (0)76 319 200-204
Phuket Wake Park
Cable skiing is one of the most fun and challenging activities in Phuket. It is located in a man-made freshwater lake 410 metres long, 110 metres wide and two metres deep. The cable speed varies from 28-58 kph and participants are closely supervised by experienced instructors.
Wakeboards, gloves, vests, waterskis, helmets, and lifesaving gear can be Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Kathu Waterfall, not far from the lively entertainment Phuket Palazzo Theatre and Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)88 752 7701
Red Mountain Golf Club
Opened in 2007 in Phuket’s Kathu district, Red Mountain Golf Club is located on what used to be a tin mine right next to its sister golf course - Loch Palm Golf Club – and has become one of the favourite courses in Phuket. Red Mountain golf landed its name from the mesa-style appearance of its Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 06:00 – 19:00 – Golf starts as soon as visibility is good and ends accordingly
- Location: Kathu district, between Kathu village and Kathu waterfall
- Remarks: Due to the time required to complete a course it is advised to start as early as possible to avoid the oppressive heat
- Tel: +66 (0)76 322 000-1
Spa & Massage in Patong Beach
Traditional Thai massage is quite unlike Western versions, involving a combination of assisted stretching and acupressure, rather than manipulation of muscles. Don't worry though, in busy Patong every known variation of massage treatment is readily available at any one of 100 or more establishments. Other styles of massage are also to be found - and as Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most shops open at around 10:00 until about 23:00
- Location: Everywhere in Patong
Surf House Patong Beach
Surf House Patong Beach which is a vibrant surf centre on Patong’s Beach Road, just over the road from the Immigration office and the famous sandy Patong Beach beyond. It’s a fun flow ride facility where you can learn to surf in a safe and controlled environment.
The second outlet of the famous Surf House in Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 24:00
- Location: Opposite Immigration Office, Beach Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 7737
Thai Cooking Class
Do you love the exotic flavours of Thai food? Would you like to learn the secrets of authentic Thai cooking? What better place than right here in Phuket. Courses range from simple introductions giving you a taste of the basics of Thai cooking all the way to intensive classes that can turn you into a Master Chef.
Pum’s Cooking School and Restaurant in Patong is open daily from 10:00 to 23:00 and there are four lengths of cookery class: 90 minutes, four hours, five hours and six hours-plus. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Heart of Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, not far from Jungceylon
Yoga has become a trendy thing in Phuket in the past few years. Many experienced instructors have relocated themselves to this beautiful island. The closest yoga centre to Patong is Bikram Yoga Phuket situated in Kathu District not far from the Go-Kart track. It uses the Hatha Yoga method (a sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises practiced in a heated room). They have a full spacious service studio with floor-to-ceiling windows and mirrors, complimentary mats and towel rentals as well as complimentary lockers, two spacious student lounges and parking.
Alternatively, many hotels and resorts in and around Patong offer yoga classes on a daily basis or can arrange a private session for you. Such places include Club Andaman Beach Resort, Millennium Resort Patong, and Sun Hill Hotel amongst others.
- Opening Hours: Call to check for each class schedule
- Location: Bikram Yoga Phuket on Phrabarami Road, Kathu (Tel: +66 (0) 76-202173) Club Andaman Beach Resort on the Beach Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0) 76-340530) Millennium Resort Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 76-601999) Sun Hill Hotel on Nanai Road, Patong Beach (Tel: +66 (0)76-345275)
Zorbing at Rollerball
Zorbing is a fun activity for the whole family. Opened in 2012 and located near Lim’s restaurant on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track (one of the longest tracks in the world!) inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Take the Soi at the corner of the Orchid Hotel and Spa in Kalim. Zorbing at Rollerball is well indicated along the uphill road
- Tel: 089 872 6532 or 084 240 9215