Phuket Wake Park
Cable Wakeboarding & Wakesurfing in Kathu
Phuket Wake Park (formerly Phuket Cable Ski & Wakeboarding) near Kathu Waterfall is one of the most fun and challenging activities in Phuket. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, you can enjoy many exciting wakeboarding rides on a large freshwater lake equipped with two Sesitec Cable systems: a short one for beginners and one that goes all around the basin.
Currently the only wake park on the island, its location offers exotic views of the surrounding trees and hills. Wakeboards, gloves, life vests, and helmets can be rented while free basic lessons are provided by professional instructors.
Located in a manmade freshwater lake 410 metres long, 110 metres wide and two metres deep, the cable speeds start at 28kph and participants are closely supervised by experienced instructors. For professionals who are looking for thrills, check out the seven obstacles (two kickers, two straights, one step down, one pipe, one double base funbox and one Steffen Vollert signature) installed around the basin.
Founded in 1997, Phuket Wake Park is the kind of place where family members of all ages can hang out. And those who are not keen on getting wet can go straight to the bar and restaurant and enjoy the wide selection of Thai and western food such as duck a l'orange, pork chops, salmon steak with grilled vegetables, seafood pasta, chicken curry, beef stroganoff and a variety of fresh sandwiches.
Phuket Wake Park offers daily tickets with riding times from two hours to a full day, as well as ‘member tickets’ from one-week passes upwards. Opening time is from 07:30 to until 23:00 for the member ticket category (yes, night riding is possible now!). Costs vary.
Open all year round, rain or shine, this well-equipped venue features showers, changing rooms, plenty of parking spaces and free Wi-Fi. The English-speaking friendly and hands-on staff members are very eager to guide you along with your safety in mind.
If this is your first time at a cable ski park, don’t be intimidated by those who can flip, turn and do wild things on the lake as many people are just at the beginners or intermediate level. So you are not alone!
Phuket Wake Park
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Kathu Waterfall, not far from the lively entertainment Phuket Palazzo Theatre and Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 202 525 or +66 (0) 81 273 7530
- Price Range: 2 hours: 900 baht - 4 hours: 1,200 baht - All day: 1,500 baht (prices April 2013). Different sets and packages are also available.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe