Karon Viewpoint in Phuket
Kata Beach Attractions
Karon Viewpoint (which used to be Kata viewpoint) is one of the most frequented viewpoints in Phuket. From here, it is possible to take in views of Kata Noi, Kata Yai and Karon beaches. Located between Nai Harn and Kata Noi beaches, the viewpoint is busy most days of the year and is a staple of many tour itineraries.
Called locally ‘Khao Saam Haad’ (Three Beaches Hill), the local municipality for some reason has officially renamed it ‘Karon Viewpoint’. It’s located just to the south of Kata Noi Beach and looks out directly out to the Andaman Sea but most people have their cameras trained due north at the undeniably impressive eight-kilometre vista of the three west coast beaches with Mom Tri’s Villa Royale in the foreground and the distant Hilton Arcadia on Karon Beach in the background.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Karon Viewpoint Highlights
The northern vista from Karon Viewpoint is one of the most photographed images in Phuket and is an iconic outlook featuring the best of the island: sparkling blue sea, snow-white surf, white-sand beaches, an exotic nearby island (Koh Pu), and the deep-green hues of Phuket’s hillsides.
Good to Know about Karon Viewpoint
There’s plenty of parking space at Karon Viewpoint and when things do get a little crowded people simply park roadside. You’ll find drinks and snack stands here along with a large gazebo (with seats) to provide shade. The viewpoint is about a 10-minute drive from Kata Beach and a further 10 minutes down to Nai Harn Beach.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Situated on the road between Kata and Nai Harn
- Tour Available: Phuket Island & City Tour