Laem Singh Viewpoint is a popular stop on the coast road between Kamala Beach and Surin Beach. Offering a pleasant place to rest a while, with seating and a roof providing shelter from the sun, you can enjoy great views to the south across the namesake beach below and it is a popular place for watching Phuket’s impressive sunsets.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The structures at the viewpoint were built in 2009, just a little further north along the road from the northernmost access to Laem Singh Beach. You will find an open-sided structure with a Thai-style roof and six stone benches, all surrounded by guard rails to prevent you from falling down the sheer cliff while taking photos of the view. The viewpoint is wheelchair accessible via a ramp alongside the handful of steps up to the structure.
There is limited roadside parking available on what amounts to a layby in front of the Laem Singh Viewpoint and it quickly fills up around sunset. If you want to see the sunset from the viewpoint yourself, you should come a little bit early to ensure you get a good, unobstructed view. The view during the day is just as good and is generally less hindered by other people enjoying it. You should allow around 10 minutes to reach the viewpoint from Kamala Beach.
Laem Singh Viewpoint
- Location: On the road between Kamala and Surin Beach