Mai Khao Beach Attractions
What to See in Mai Khao Beach
Going to Mai Khao Beach is the ultimate in getting away from it all. There are times when you’ll be absolutely alone on this, Phuket’s longest beach. If you’re into the sun, sand and sea in a solitary way then this is the very place for you.
A good 30-minute drive from Patong, the only man-made attractions here are a few five-star resorts, Turtle Village Shopping ‘Mall’ and Wat Mai Khao.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
All Attractions in Mai Khao Beach
KidzSole Flying Trapeze is an exciting activity by the beach in Mai Khao, were you can experience the thrill of flying in a safe and simple way. A smaller version of the famous circus apparatus, the trapeze has a horizontal pole, suspended from two lines, free to swing back and forth with the visitor hanging from it. Needing only a few minutes of very basic instruction, you can go from the ground to swinging around at high speed in next to no time at all.
Located in the grounds of the Micky Monkey Beach Hotel, which is right on (and roughly at the mid-point of) Mai Khao Beach, KidzSole Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00
- Location: Micky Monkey Beach, Mai Khao
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KidzSole
The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation is actually part of the wider JW Marriott Resort in Phuket and sits on Mai Khao Beach. The foundation was started in order to protect the nesting turtles in the area as well as to promote clean seas and beaches on the island. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- Address: JW Marriott Phuket 231 Moo3, Mai Khao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 8040
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Mai-Khao-Marine-Turtle-Foundation-235742850383
The park comprises both Nai Yang and Mai Khao beaches and covers over 10 miles of beautiful white sandy beach on the north end of the island. Most planes fly over the park when landing at Phuket’s International Airport. The shore drops steeply into deeper levels, creating unpredictable and potentially hazardous water currents during the monsoon season. This is just fine with the Giant Ridley Sea Turtle who can weigh up to 850 kg (1874lb) and who tend to be shy creatures and prefer the beach to themselves. Between November and February each year these lumbering giants clamber onto the sandy shore at night to lay their eggs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Next to Nai Yang Beach
Unmatched in southern Thailand, Splash Jungle Waterpark at Mai Kao Beach offers a great day out on exciting water slides, rides and more all in one themed water park.
If you’re looking for a place to take the kids for an exciting and invigorating day out, Splash Jungle is the perfect destination. Read More...
- Location: 65 Moo 4, T. Mai Khao Phuket 83110
- Tel: +66 (0)76 372 111
This uniquely designed Sino-Colonial ‘village’ over 3,000sqm of retail space on two floors features gifts, Thai souvenirs, clothing selections and outlets such as Jim Thompson along with a Bill Bentley Pub & Restaurant.
- Opening Hours: Daily from10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Just a short walk from Anantara Resort and JW Marriott Phuket
Wat Mai Khao
Lung Poh Dang, the abbot of Wat Mai Khao, is known as being a strict monk who pays attention to meditation, not materialism. To this end visitors will not see that many fancy buildings in Wat Mai Khao besides the beautiful main chapel, the simply-built karepriiy hall and monks’ dormitory. Still, in spite (or maybe because) of its austerity, it’s a well-loved place.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Mai Khao Village