IWP International Wake Park
IWP International Wake Park in Phuket is the best place to try the fun-filled activity of wakeboarding. Wakeboard the warm tropical waters of Thailand while experiencing the diverse terrain from the ocean view at the International Wake Park. It's considered one of the best wake parks in the world thanks to its Rixen cable system. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 9pm
- Location: 49/12 Moo 1, Soi Mo Yiam, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)67 632 8542
Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation
The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation is actually part of the JW Marriott Resort in Phuket and sits on Mai Khao Beach. The foundation was started to protect the nesting turtles in the area as well as to promote clean seas and beaches on the island. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, 231 Moo 3, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 338 040 Ext. 3309
Plane spotting in Phuket
Plane spotting is a popular activity in Phuket, thanks to the easy accessibility to the western end of Phuket International Airport's runway at the southern end of Mai Khao Beach. The place is idyllic: Mai Khao Beach is almost 50 metres wide at high tide at this spot, and the turquoise colours of the sea, especially between Read More...
- Location: Mai Khao Beach, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
Sirinath National Park
Sirinat National Park comprises both Nai Yang and Mai Khao beaches and covers over 10 miles of beautiful white sandy beach on the north end of the island. Most planes fly over the park when landing at Phuket International Airport. It's a popular spot for the Giant Ridley Sea Turtle, which tend to be shy creatures Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Location: 89/1 Moo 1, Sakhu, Thalang, Phuket 83140, Thailand
Splash Jungle Water Park
Unmatched in southern Thailand, Splash Jungle Waterpark at Mai Kao Beach offers a great day out on exciting water slides, rides and more, all in one themed water park. If you’re looking for a place to take the kids for an exciting and invigorating day out, Splash Jungle is the perfect destination. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 5.45pm
- Location: 65 Soi Mai Khao 4, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)076 372 111
Turtle Village is the main shopping and dining complex located in Mai Khao, next to Marriott's Mai Khao Beach and Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao. The 2-storey complex is built around a central plaza that features a fountain made of 3 turtles on top of each other. In line with the upscale resorts that surround it, Turtle Village’s Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 889 Moo 3, Mai Kao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 314 899
Wat Mai Khao
Lung Poh Dang, the abbot of Wat Mai Khao, is known as being a strict monk who pays attention to meditation, not materialism. To this end, visitors will not see that many fancy buildings in Wat Mai Khao besides the beautiful main chapel, the simply-built ordination hall and monks’ dormitory. Still, in spite (or maybe because) of its austerity, it’s a well-loved place.
- Location: Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand