30 Minutes to Escape
Get locked up at 30 Minutes to Escape, an interactive puzzle-solving game that sees you play the part of a criminal on a mission, with just 30 minutes to get away with the loot.
Great for families and groups of friends, 30 Minutes to Escape features two themed rooms to choose from, each with their own Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: 3rd Floor, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)63 081 5992
Bangla Boxing Stadium
Bangla Boxing Stadium features regular Thai boxing (or Muay Thai) fights three nights a week; on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. It is run by a team of professional Muay Thai promoters who are said to present only the real deal in the ring. Many of the fighters here are foreign boxers who train hard before getting Read More...
- Opening Hours: Weekly on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 21:00 – 23:00
- Location: Opposite Banzaan Fresh Market behind the mega Jungceylon in Patong (look for the large building with big Muay Thai boxer figures on top)
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-366 129
Boon Kaw Kong Shrine
When cresting Patong Hill, most drivers honk their horns to show respect to the Pun Tuao Kong Chinese Shrine that straddles the hill. Built in 1980, it is not a big shrine but it is well respected. When devotees' wishes are granted they usually come back to pay respect by setting off fire crackers. Some people show open-air movies across the road from the shrine or donate money for the shrine's maintenance. Photography is not allowed inside.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 17:00
- Location: In Patong at the junction of Phrabarami and Phisit Karani Road (at the bottom of Patong Hill by the Phuket-Patong Road)
Breeze Spa in Amari Phuket
Breeze Spa, located within the Amari Phuket resort, is a great pick for a massage or spa treatment to leave you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Open to non-residents, anyone can enjoy the range of blissful treatments within a tropical forest. Relax in one of the private open-air pavilions while an experienced masseuse kneads away all Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00 daily
- Location: 2 Meun Ngern Road Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150
- Tel: +66 (0)7634 0106-14
Football Crazy Golf in Phuket
Football Crazy Golf Phuket opened in December 2011 and is located next to the original Phuket Go-Kart circuit at the bottom of Patong hill’s Kathu side. This activity is extremely popular in Scandinavian countries where tournaments are organized every year but is relatively new to Thailand (the first Football Golf course opened in Koh Samui in Read More...
- Location: on Phra Baramee Road at the foot of Patong hill, in a small soi on the right-hand side when going toward Patong Beach.
- Remarks: Football Crazy Golf is situated in a soi full of activities: go-kart, motocross, ATV, buggy, monkey show, cobra show are all in the vicinity. Free Wi-Fi.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 661 1088
Freedom Beach - Phuket
Freedom Beach is an exclusive gem on Phuket’s west coast; the 300m-long strip of white sand is set in a superb bay dotted with granite rocks and surrounded by hills covered by thick and luxuriant jungle. Essentially, Freedom Beach’s exclusivity comes from its rather difficult accessibility, although things are getting a bit better nowadays.
Apart from Read More...
Jungle Bungy Jump in Phuket
Jungle Bungy Jump offers one of the most thrilling and challenging activities in Phuket: a 50-metre plunge above a jungle-surrounded lake. Managed and run by a professional New Zealand team, the Phuket branch of this business first opened in 1992. Jungle Bungy Jump has three branches in Thailand: Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket and is the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 Daily
- Location: Kathu district, 300 metres on the left after the Caltex Service Station towards Phuket Country Club golf course.
- Tel: 089-2891703 or 076-321351
Kathu Shrine has shared a long history with Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival and is known as the original home of the festival. The original Kathu shrine was very small and not at all grand. Over the years, a lot of work and effort was expanded to renovate its condition and nowadays this shrine is considered by many Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: In Kathu Village, it’s about two km from the Kathu- Patong junction on Samkong-Kathu Road once you turn right
Along the beach at the north end of Patong is Loma Park, a refreshingly quiet spot to relax in the shade. Many festival events are held here during the year, and it's a popular park for local families to enjoy a nice afternoon.
Jungceylon Shopping Mall
Standing downtown, diagonally opposite Bangla Road, the Jungceylon Shopping Complex has radically changed the face of shopping in Patong. The two main stores in the complex are Robinson - a gleaming well-lit upper end department store, and Big C supermarket.
The 200-plus other stores in this shopping heaven sell brand-name clothes, spectacles, sunglasses, cosmetics and perfumes, Read More...
Kalim Beach in Phuket
Kalim Beach is located just north of Patong Beach and, unlike its famous neighbour, still retains some of its local Thai touches. A concrete parking and vendor space at its southern end in front of the local school cuts the beach into two parts and hosts a popular small street food market with half-a-dozen stands selling Read More...
Kidzoona Phuket is a terrific place to take younger kids for fun and laughter. An indoor play area within Jungceylon shopping mall, it’s an all-weather activity; the air-conditioning keeps the kids cool at the height of the hot season, whilst the fact it’s indoors makes it ideal for rainy days too. Although suitable for children aged Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00-21:00 daily
- Location: Jungceylon Shopping Mall, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 600 111
Laser Battle Thailand
Laser Battle Thailand is located in the centre of Bangla Game Space and is said to be the biggest laser shooting game area in all of Thailand. Don one of over 100 battle suits and enter an expansive battlefield to try to shoot your opponent’s badge with a laser. One of the best things about Laser Read More...
- Opening Hours: 14:00 – 04:00
- Location: Bangla Game Space, Bangla Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 660 8932
- Price Range: from 400 baht per person
Let’s Relax Spa Phuket
Let’s Relax Spa Phuket was established in 1998 and has several other branches around Thailand. Let’s Relax Spa is now one of the island’s top day spas. With a solid reputation and a variety of luxurious treatments and techniques, visitors who are looking for some quality ‘Me Time’ and some blissful pampering have plenty of options Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late. Closed Tuesdays
- Location: 209/22-24 Raj-U-Thid Road, Patong Beach, Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0)76 346 080
At the Royal Paradise Complex in Patong an estimated half of the businesses there are run by, or are catering to gay people. While Phuket generally and Patong specifically is generally welcoming and accepting of any and all sexualities, gay travellers will certainly feel the most welcome and at home in the Paradise Complex. Read More...
Patong Boxing Stadium
Basically, there are two types of Thai boxing in Patong: the staged stuff and the real McCoy. For the real article look no further than Patong Boxing Stadium on Sai Namyen Road. Talk about an atmosphere. The stadium is frequented by macho-looking tattooed western types with their Thai girlfriends, middle-aged, broad-shouldered Thai guys and a large Read More...
- Opening Hours: Every Monday and Thursday – Show time 21:00 to 23:30
- Location: Boxing Stadium located on Sai Namyen Road, Patong
- How to get there: Look for a very small soi (street) opposite of well known Nanai Road on Sai Namyen Road
Phuket Bubble Football
Take regular five-a-side football and add mini zorb balls - that's essentially bubble football. While the bubbles make running and shooting a little tricky, they make tackling hilarious. Just run into your opponent as fast as you can and watch them go flying! It's a very safe, family-friendly activity, available at various locations around Phuket, with the Soi Nanai setting being the easiest to reach. Packages start from 6,500 baht for one hour's play with 10 bubbles.
- Location: Patong FC, Soi Nanai, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)63 384 7499
- Price Range: From 6,500 baht for 1 hour with 10 bubbles
Patong Go-Kart Speedway in Phuket
Patong Go-Kart Speedway is a fun and rip-roaring activity for the whole family located at the feet of Patong Hill’s Kathu side. The race track is 750m long and has a series of sharp curves, smooth bends, and a long straight start/finish lane allowing acceleration.
The main building with its front desk, bar-restaurant and garage is Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: At the foot of Patong hill’s Kathu side (on the left-hand side after the police checkpoint when going toward Patong Beach)
- Tel: +66 (0)76 321 949
Phuket Mining Museum
Phuket Mining Museum, located in Kathu on the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British International School, is one of the island’s most interesting museums. It features displays ranging from tin mine models to a recreated scene in an opium den.
A visit with a guide (or someone who has some knowledge about Phuket's history) Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 08:00 – 16:00, closed on Sundays
- Location: On the road between Loch Palm Golf Club and British International School. You can't miss the entrance: a Sino-Portuguese style double archway
- Tel: +66 (0) 88 766 0962
Phuket Wake Park
Phuket Wake Park (formerly Phuket Cable Ski & Wakeboarding) near Kathu Waterfall is one of the most fun and challenging activities in Phuket. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, you can enjoy many exciting wakeboarding rides on a large freshwater lake equipped with two Sesitec Cable systems: a short one for beginners and one that Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Kathu Waterfall, not far from the lively entertainment Phuket Palazzo Theatre and Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 202 525 or +66 (0) 81 273 7530
- Price Range: 2 hours: 900 baht - 4 hours: 1,200 baht - All day: 1,500 baht (prices April 2013). Different sets and packages are also available.
Shell World Museum
Shell World Museum at Jungceylon is a labour of love for Somwang Patamakanthin known to most people as Jom, an amateur malacologist and one of Thailand’s leading seashell collectors. The museum houses countless colourful and unique sea shells, a total of 1,382 families from 135 countries around the world. Some of them are rare and valuable shells and fossils. Among the most impressive ones is a giant clam weighing more than 200kg.
Jom is no stranger to shell-collecting circles. His father, Somuek and his family own the famous Phuket Seashell Museum in Rawai, and the huge venue has been considered by many shell enthusiasts to be one of the most interesting private museums in the world. Jom grew up with the same interest as many people in his family and like his father he has met and exchanged knowledge and seashells with other marine scientists over the years.
Free admission for children under 100cm tall. Jom is also involved with the Bangkok Seashell Museum, located on Silom Road next to Soi Silom 23, just across the road from Lerdsin Hospital. Stop by if you are in the area.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Near the Shooting Café at the Sino Phuket Zone, Jungceylon
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 -892 0947
Walking into the Simon Cabaret show theatre in Patong is just like entering a movie house. There's the same Kenny G saxophone music, the same plush seats and the same dimmed lights. It's only when a basso profundo voice announces the show and the curtain rises on live performers glistening with sequins and shimmering with feathers Read More...
- Opening Hours: Three shows daily at 18:00, 19:45 and 21:30 hours.
So Thai Spa Phuket
So Thai Spa Phuket provides competitively priced spa treatments in a tranquil and soothing setting in the heart of energetic Patong. Treatments all focus on overall wellbeing for both the body and spirit. Therapists are professional and skilled, and the spacious rooms are decorated to a high standard, with traditional Thai elements, striking red paintwork and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 11:30
- Location: 34 Prachanukhro Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0) 91 568 8876
Like all night owls, Soi Bangla awakens when the sun sets. That's when Patong's liveliest party zone becomes closed to traffic and ready for action! Famous for its raunchy nightlife, Bangla goes all out to entertain with cheap beers and music that increases in volume as the moon rises. Jammed most nights year round, it's actually Read More...
Surf House Patong Beach
Surf House Patong Beach which is a vibrant surf centre on Patong’s Beach Road, just over the road from the Immigration office and the famous sandy Patong Beach beyond. It’s a fun flow ride facility where you can learn to surf in a safe and controlled environment.
The second outlet of the famous Surf House in Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 24:00
- Location: Opposite Immigration Office, Beach Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 7737
Wat Suwan Khiri Wong
In a middle of Patong’s busy development and the infamous nightlife lies a peaceful and holy place called Wat Suwan Khiri Wong or Wat Patong for short. It is the centre of local Thai Buddhism. This Theravada temple features beautiful structures including the main ubosot (chapel), pagoda, monastery hall and statues of Lord Buddha. There are monks living in the temple and every morning they go through the nearby community to collect food from the villagers who line their route. It is a sight that takes Patong right back to its original roots when the place was just a fisherman’s village years ago.
- Opening Hours: Daily from early morning till late afternoon
- Location: In Patong at the junction of Phrabarami and Phisit Karani Road (at the bottom of Patong Hill by the Phuket-Patong Road).
Zorbing at Rollerball in Phuket
Zorbing is a fun activity for the whole family. Opened in 2012 and located near Lim’s restaurant on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track (one of the longest tracks in the world!) inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball.
Hill rolling (the official name of this activity) Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kalim Beach
- Address: Kalim Bay View, Kalim, Patong, 83150
- Tel: +66 (0)76 341 421
- How to get there: Take the Soi at the corner of the Orchid Hotel and Spa in Kalim. Zorbing at Rollerball is well indicated along the uphill road
Indication for taxi: จากหาดป่าตองขับตรงมาทางหาดกระหลิม เลี้ยวที่ซอยหัวมุมโรงแรม Orchid Hotel and Spa สังเกตุป้ายบอกทาง Zorbing at Rollerbal ตามถนน จากนั้นขับตามป้่ายมาเรื่อยๆ