PHUKET BUTTERFLY GARDEN IS NOW CLOSED
Phuket Butterfly Garden & Insect World on Soi Paneung on Yaowarat Road, Phuket Town is one of Phuket’s original attractions. First opening in 1990, it has an interesting number of exhibitions showing the life of insects and butterflies as well as a good collection of various types of arachnoids and more.
Over the years, the venue has been through a number of renovations and changes. The new look is quite impressive with an inside bar and leisure area while children love to feed the fish in a specially designated pool under the shade of a ‘sala’ or open-sided pavilion.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Phuket Butterfly Garden Highlights
The outdoor tropical garden is a colourful free-fly zone for various species of butterflies. Phuket Butterfly Farm usually breeds 6,000 – 8,000 butterflies of up to 30 species a month but this certainly doesn’t mean that you will see them all at once. The best time to visit is on a sunny day as butterflies are usually more active the brighter the day.
Before entering the unique butterfly breeding section, visitors can observe the caterpillar display stations close up and personal. It is always fascinating to learn how Nature works her magic turning the caterpillars into beautiful butterflies. Don’t miss the exhibition of the rare specimens, stick insects, tarantulas, leaf insects and scorpions.
Good to Know about Phuket Butterfly Garden
On the way out visitors can pass through a small but well-equipped silk museum. A demonstration shows how the humble cocoons turn into expensive material as well as demonstrating local methods of the looming and dyeing process which has been passed down from generation to generation.
There is a small gift shop for those who want to bring home some unique butterfly souvenirs such as framed butterflies and insects, jewelry and keychains.
Phuket Butterfly Garden
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 17:00
- Location: Soi Paneung on Yaowarat Road in the Samkong Area, not far from Tesco-Lotus Supermarket and the Bangkok Phuket Hospital. The farm is well sign-posted
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 210 861