Laem Ka Beach
Laem Ka is unique for various reasons. First of all it's the only eastern-facing beach in the south of Phuket that offers good swimming and secondly, it's a total full-on Thai experience. This sheltered, 150 metre long, boulder-framed beach is the ideal picnic spot as from midday on it is shady and cool. For many locals Read More...
- Location: To get to Laem Ka head to Rawai in the south of the island. Opposite the temple gates on the main road you'll see a 7-Eleven next to a small road heading east. Drive one kilometre through a coconut plantation. Follow the road to the right and into Laem Ka's car park.
Phuket Orchid Farm
A family business which has been operating for decades, Phuket Orchid Farm is probably the largest orchid nursery on the island. It is a unique opportunity to admire some of Thailand’s famous and colourful orchids. Customers may also buy freshly cut orchids which are packed at the farm for air-travel.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 17:30
- Location: Soi Suksan 1, off Viset Road. About 300 metres from the Chalong Circle toward Rawai Beach, look for the sign after the local school on the right-hand side. You can’t miss it.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-280226
- Price Range: 200 baht per person
Phuket Seashell Museum
The Seashell Museum near Evason Resort in Rawai contains and displays valuable seashells from all over the world. Many are among the most sought-after by collectors and are from Phuket and Thai waters. It's a perfect attraction to keep kids and adults entertained on a rainy day.
The museum is very well put together and is Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 – 18:00
- Location: Drive from Chalong Circle all the way down to Rawai, it will be on your right-hand side.
- Tel: +66 (0)76 381 266 or +66 (0)76 381 274
Phromthep Cape is the island's most photographed and perhaps best-known location. Every evening, large tour buses, scooters and private cars sweep through Rawai Beach and up the island's southernmost hill in order to watch the sunset at its peak. On the top of the hill stands a busy car park where vehicles disgorge crowds of people Read More...
- Location: Nai Harn - Rawai
Rawai Park Kids Club Phuket
Rawai Park Kids Club is a fun and fabulous activity that children of all ages will enjoy while in Phuket. Suitable for any weather conditions, it could be just what you are looking for to entertain young ones. Located within Rawai VIP Villas, the kids’ club is open to non-residents too. As the largest children’s club Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 19:00 daily
- Address: 58/88 Moo 6, Soi Rouyphad, (Rawai Beach), Rawai
- Tel: +66 (0)81 956 5611
Sea Gypsies (Chao Ley) Village
It is hard to separate the Sea Gypsies and Rawai from each other. They have been settled in Rawai since way back – on the seafront, left side of new pier. Most are fishing for a living but a few work as island tour guides or run small stands selling seashell souvenirs. Everyday in the early afternoon, they bring the fresh catch of the day to the Rawai fish market, just to the left of the pier. This market is very popular among locals. Check with your hotel desk for the schedule of the Sea Gypsies’ Loy Reu Festival (meaning boat floating festival) when they pay respect to the sea spirit before starting and ending the fishing period. It is quite a unique ceremony to witness.
- Opening Hours: Daily, but the fish market is alive in the early afternoon around 13:00 onward
- Location: At the sea front to the left of the Rawai pier
Wat Sawang Arom
This is a good sample of a real community temple. It is small but serves as the centre of Buddhist life in Rawai and nearby villages. The interior is very basic compared to bigger and more famous temples and here you will see the traditional Buddha images, big and small and some paintings telling the story of the Lord Buddha. Like a typical Thai temple, there is a school adjacent to it and if visiting in the morning, you will enjoy the cheerful sound of students at play. Dress with respect as it is a holy place for Buddhist Thais.
- Opening Hours: Daily from early morning until late evening
- Location: About 500 metres from Rawai Beach on Viset Road