Windmill Viewpoint in Phuket
Nai Harn Beach Attractions0
Windmill Viewpoint is located between Ya Nui and Nai Harn beaches in south Phuket. Not far from Cape Phromthep, it has several tall, slim white windmills facing out to sea that look like airplane propellers. This hilltop viewpoint features west coast vistas similar to Phromthep, but is quieter.
There’s not much to this relatively small viewpoint except a covered sala with a sitting space and the occasional drinks or jewelry vendor but the views are tremendous and take in Ya Nui Beach to the south, Phromthep further south, Nai Harn Beach to the north and a lusciously verdant oblong-shaped island called Koh Man almost opposite.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
From Windmill Viewpoint, beneath the swishing rotor blades that generate electricity for the area (its official name is the ‘Phromthep Alternative Energy Station’), you can spot passing sea traffic, ranging from long-tail boats with their long converted truck motors, to fishing boats heading out into the Andaman, to oil tankers and even mega-sized cruise ships coming from and heading back to Singapore.
Windmill Viewpoint is also a meeting place for model airplane enthusiasts as well as hang gliding types who ride the tropical thermals, eventually coming to a graceful landing down at Nai Harn Beach. Far above and sometimes parallel with the hill, Brahminy kites and sea eagles gracefully glide past.
You could be forgiven for thinking that with all this airborne activity Windmill Viewpoint is a crowded spot: It’s anything but, mostly because there’s very little parking space. Still, it’s not only a premium sunset viewing point; it’s also an all-day attractive place with the sea especially azure at midday.
- Location: At the top of the hill between Ya Nui and Nai Harn Beach.
You May Also Like