Windmill Viewpoint is located between Ya Nui and Nai Harn beaches in south Phuket. Not far from Phromthep Cape, it has several tall, slim white windmills belonging to the Promthep Alternative Energy Station. This hilltop viewpoint features west-coast vistas similar to Phromthep but is usually quieter.
There’s not much to this relatively small viewpoint except a covered sala with a sitting space and the occasional drinks or jewellery vendor. But the views are tremendous and take in Ya Nui Beach to the south, Phromthep Cape further south, Nai Harn Beach to the north and a lusciously verdant oblong-shaped island called Koh Man almost opposite.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
What you can see from Windmill Viewpoint
From Windmill Viewpoint, beneath the swishing rotor blades that generate electricity for the area, you can spot passing sea traffic ranging from long-tail boats to fishing boats heading out into the Andaman, to oil tankers and even mega-sized cruise ships on the horizon, coming from and heading back to Singapore.
Windmill Viewpoint is also a meeting place for model aeroplane enthusiasts as well as parasailors who ride the tropical thermals, eventually coming to a graceful landing down at Nai Harn Beach. Far above and sometimes parallel with the hill, Brahminy kites and sea eagles gracefully glide past.
You could be forgiven for thinking that, with all this airborne activity, Windmill Viewpoint is a crowded spot: It’s anything but, mostly because there’s very little parking space. Even so, it’s not only a premium sunset viewing point but is also an attractive place at any time of the day, with the sea especially vivid and colourful at midday.
- Location: Wisit Road, Rawai, Muang, 83100, Thailand