Phuket Car Rental Information
Where to Rent a Car in Phuket
One of the best ways to see Phuket and its surrounding scenery is to rent a car. There are many scenic roads, particularly on the island's West Coast. It's fun, easy and best of all - inexpensive. Fabulous limestone mountains are Krabi Province's trademark as well as pristine and secluded beaches while Phang Nga also offers mile after mile of untouched, wave-washed strands.
Rent from a reputable car hire firm and your comfort and safety are guaranteed. You can pre-arrange for a trouble-free car pickup from Phuket International Airport, thus avoiding bargaining for taxis or tuk tuks. This way of getting round the region is highly recommended.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Recommended Car Rentals
Want to travel around Phuket and stop at every single beach? or just to enjoy the freedom of driving outside the island and discover the magnificent sceneries of Phang Nga bay? Why not even take an amazing ride between amazing limestone cliffs and spend the day in Krabi? No taxi can offer you this and no more tuk tuk endless bargains! Pick up your car on arrival at the airport and your holidays will take a brand new dimension!
A great way to explore around the island without any stress is to rent a car with a driver who knows every street and beach of Phuket and even outside the island. Leave the driving to a professional and concentrate on your holiday, it's not as expensive as you may think! Read More...
Other Car Rental in Phuket
Here are some car rental companies, all offer full insurance.
Although driving here is easy, you must ensure that you follow these guidelines
- In Thailand driving is on the left side of the road, as in the UK, Singapore and numerous other countries.
- A valid International License or Thai Driving License is essential.
- Seat belt wearing and drink driving laws apply, and are occasionally enforced.
- Full Comprehensive Insurance is a must. Beware of street side vendors with signs saying 'With Insurance' - usually the level of insurance is very very basic and would not cover the car, nor passengers - just third party injuries or damage.
There are many road side vendors that offer motor bikes for rent, from the zippy 100cc moped type to the 750cc road race variety. Our advice is to avoid renting bikes under any circumstance.
No motorbike is insurable, regardless of what the vendor tells you, and many a persons holiday has been ruined by an accident on a bike here. If you have an accident you will almost certainly be responsible for all bike repairs (or costly replacement), all medical bills for yourself and any other involved parties - regardless of who was to blame.