Boat Chartering from Chalong Bay
The Andaman Sea is famous for its azure charms, as displayed in Hollywood movies like The Beach, Cutthroat Island and several James Bond outings. An ideal way to explore Phuket's surroundings is to rent your own boat and go wherever you feel like each day. Read More...
Cooking Classes in Chalong
Wipa Tanmanatragul, Assistant Managing Director of the Rising Sun Residence has set up a cooking class for guests who want to learn how to cook Thai food. It is called ‘Wipa’s Thai Cuisine’. Part of the class involves going shopping at a nearby morning market for fresh ingredients to use in the class. After they learn to cook the dishes, the guest can enjoy the food they have made. For more information and booking contact Rising Sun Residence.
- Opening Hours: By booking only
- Location: Rising Sun Residence Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 384 076
Fishing Trips from Chalong Bay
Fans of fishing should try a fishing trip out on the Andaman Sea. Fish in these waters include tuna, barracuda, sailfish marlin and Dorado. There are a few experienced tour companies in Chalong offering daytrips and/or even overnight trips. (Read more...)
Jungle Xtrem Adventures Park
For those extremists amongst us there’s now a brand-new challenge to take up in the hills – Xtremeadventures aka Phuket Tree Adventure. On a hillside spanning 19,200sqm and based in a rubber plantation above Wat Chalong, Phuket Tree Adventure is truly impressive in several aspects. There are no less than 69 ‘Stations’ – activities – up Read More...
Phuket Games Zone
Phuket Games Zone is the perfect place for families, groups of friends or individuals to spend an exhilarating moment of fun activities in Phuket. Located off Soi Palai in Chalong area, this venture centre features three unusual and quirky activities that have gained more and more popularity in the recent years: football-golf, Frisbee-golf, and body-zorbing.
Set Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: On Soi Palai, turn left 500m after Phuket Zoo; you will find Phuket Game Zone 300m further on your left
- Tel: 091-0105488
Phuket Shooting Range
Phuket Shooting Range is without doubt the biggest attractions and activities complex on Phuket Island. Founded in 1989 it offers a suprisingly wide range of fun and exciting things to do: these include a shooting range, a racing go kart track, a snake farm and show, paintball and ‘airsoft’ BB gun setup, ATV rides, and even a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 - 18:00
- Location: 700m after Chalong circle on the main road to Kata Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 381 667 - +66 (0)76 381 668
Phunaka Golf Course
The nine-hole Phunaka golf course is the latest addition to Phuket's golf scene. The course is located in the centre of the island, near the famous Wat Chalong and Phunaka is the first course in Phuket operating both day and night. Other facilities include a 56-bay driving range, a five-star golf academy, a club fitting centre, practice area, fitness centre and a karaoke facility. As a backdrop, Phunaka has beautiful tropical hills and the new Sri Supa Ram Temple. Prices are reasonable compared to other courses around the island.
- Location: Chaofa West Road, Chalong. From the Central Festival Phuket shopping mall go towards Chalong, Phunaka is on the right side with a very small sign for it. It is almost opposite Wat Chalong.
- Tel: +66 (0) 86 470 9092
Thai Boxing in Chalong Area
Witness the passion and drama of Thailand's national sport amidst crowds of onlookers whose cheers blend with the strains of high-pitched Javanese clarinets, drums and finger cymbals that accompany the fights from beginning to end. Visitors can enjoy live matches by professional boxers at the Suwit Gym on Chao Fa East Road. Alternatively, one can get to know more of this art by joining one of the popular boxing gyms in Chalong such as the Chalong Muay Thai-Boxing Gym on Patak Road.
- Opening Hours: Live matches at the Suwit Gym are every Friday night at 20:00
- Location: Suwit Gym is near the T-Junction at Soi Palai (Phuket Zoo) on Chao Fa East Road. The gym is located behind a convenience shop. There is a large sign at the front with the gym’s name. It is quite easy to find.
- Tel: Chalong Muay Thai-Boxing Gym Tel: +66 (0) 76 383 107 or Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Chao Fa West & Soi Tad-ied) Tel: +66 (0) 76 383 107.
Tiger Muay Thai Camp
Tiger Muay Thai & Mixed Martial Arts Camp is serious stuff. This is not the sort of place visitors wander into for a few hours to learn a few moves, enjoy a workout and then wander out again. Tiger is the most dedicated Thai Boxing camp in the country and by extension, the world, and trainees Read More...
- Location: Soi Tha-ied, Ao Chalong, Amphur Phuket
- Tel: Day office: 076 367 071 or 076 367 072 - Night office: 088 116 8066