Animal Conservation in Phuket
Travel and Local Information Guide
Phuket has long housed the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project. Set in the jungle by Bang Pae waterfall, visitors are welcome to observe (from a distance) the process. Elephants come to Phuket to work in the tourist industry. There is a strict quota as to how many are allowed on the island and, being sociable creatures, they enjoy the human contact.
Even though larger species of sharks are not directly related to Phuket, certain ethically-minded restaurants here refuse to serve shark fin soup because of the cruelties it entails.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe