Animal Conservation in Phuket
Travel and Local Information Guide
Phuket has long housed the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project. Set in the jungle by Bang Pae waterfall, visitors are welcome to observe (from a distance) the process. Elephants come to Phuket to work in the tourist industry. There is a strict quota as to how many are allowed on the island and, being sociable creatures, they enjoy the human contact.
Even though larger species of sharks are not directly related to Phuket, certain ethically-minded restaurants here refuse to serve shark fin soup because of the cruelties it entails.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour