Patong Beach Road Restaurants
Where to Eat on Patong Beach Road
Patong's Beach Road is about two kilometres long and home to a large number of international dining choices. There are countless high-end restaurants and good old yummy street food stands on this busy throughway facing the Andaman Sea.
The bazaar-like atmosphere is fun for those who like a healthy dose of pizzazz with their holidays and for those seeking a little peace and quiet over their meal the back alleys (sois) accommodate well.
Patong Beach Road Restaurants
With a view to die for, in a location that only the privileged could dream about, and an execution of service that rivals the best, Baan Yin Dee, a 21-room boutique hotel with a tastefully fitted-out restaurant, fits into a welcome slot in the island’s culinary kaleidoscope. Read More...
- Location: Baan Yin Dee Resort, 7/5 Muean Ngern Rd. Patong
- Tel: 076-294104.
Baluchi specializes in north Indian dishes, which are served in traditional copperware. Prices are slightly elevated but this is genuine Indian cuisine. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Inside Horizon Beach Resort, use the Beach Road entrance near Holiday Inn Resort.
- Tel: +66 90) 76 292 526
- Cuisine: Indian, Thai & Continental
Shabby Chic is a difficult concept to successfully pull off. What is Shabby Chic for some is plain shabby to others, yet people used to five-star places sometimes positively relish slumming it a little. One restaurant in this vein is Barefoot Beach Shack on Patong Beach by the Loma Park. This zany-looking beachside restaurant/bar is largely the work of John Underwood, a Phuket-based designer admired for his innovative design of Indigo Pearl Resort which retains a striking Industrial Chic theme throughout. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 24:00
- Location: Next to The Beach Restaurant by Loma park Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)89 697 2337
Beach Way is a rather small air-conditioned place, selling sandwiches and ice cream. A good people-watching spot.
- Location: Next to entrance of Concaved Restaurant
- Cuisine: Sandwiches and ice cream
Breakpoint Restaurant offers Thai and International food in a modern décor and atmosphere and claims to sell the cheapest beer in town.
- Location: Near the end of Soi Patong Tower
B-Hive Gallery Bar & Restaurant is a trendy original venue facing the sea on the ground of the stylish B-Lay Tong Phuket MGallery Collection in Patong Beach. B-Hive is a multi-faceted place: art gallery, cocktail lounge, beach club (B-Hive’s outdoor terrace is only 20m from the beach, on the other side of the road), coffee-shop, and fine-dining restaurant, the venue is right in phase with the era. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 00:00 (last order at 23:00)
- Location: at B-Lay Tong Phuket MGallery Collection towards the northern end of Patong Beach Road
- Tel: 076 344 999
Charm Thai Restaurant at Holiday Inn Phuket
Charm Thai is the signature Thai restaurant of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in Patong Beach. This stylish venue is designed in a delicate Thai contemporary style and set right next to the large swimming pool of the resort’s Busakorn Wing located on Rat-U-Thit Road, the busy central strip of Phuket’s most famous resort town.
Regarding food, Charm Thai serves authentic refined Thai fare exalting all the subtle flavours of this world-famous cuisine; as most foreigners are not used to the high degree of spiciness of Thai food the way it is normally prepared for locals, Charm Thai’s waiters ask diners how spicy they would like their dish to be served; charming attention indeed.
- Opening Hours: 06:30 – 22:30
- Location: in the Busakorn Wing of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in Patong Beach
- Remarks: Free Wi-Fi
- Tel: 076 370 200
Not many Patong dining venues can claim that they serve food on the beach (with your feet in the sand) but Chez Bernard can. Chez Bernard is sometimes known as ‘Restaurant No 6’ and is one of the few original and longtime beachfront restaurants in Patong. With simple decoration, mainly from driftwood, and wooden tables and chairs, Chez Bernard offers delicious Thai and western food at a reasonable price from breakfast to dinner. One repeat customer says it has the best French breakfast on the island.
In the same area, right next to Chez Bernard, there are a few more similar types of restaurants including the Beachfront, Sabai Beach and Loma Restaurant. In the back of these, you will find a few bars and another good-looking restaurant called Boat Café. Though they are not right on the beach you can still feel the sea breezes.
- Location: Next to Patong Municipality Food Court, near Impiana Phuket Cabana Resort, right on the beach
Concaved is another good-looking restaurant on the beach. It serves mainly French cuisine, Thai and fresh seafood. Prices can be expensive for some items. Located opposite of Savoey Seafood, Concaved is also part of the Safari Beach Hotel.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 24:00
- Location: On the beach, at Safari Beach Hotel, across the road from Savoey Seafood Restaurant.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 171
- Cuisine: French, Thai, seafood
Coyote offers Mexican dishes and Southwest American cuisine. Its drinks menu comprises more than 75 margaritas including exotic concoctions such as the Mint Chocolate Margarita, the Butterscotch Margarita, the chili-infused Cajun Margarita and the Black Forest Margarita. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 until 01:00 (happy hour from 11:00 – 17:00)
- Location: Above Watson’s and Starbucks
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 344366
- Cuisine: Mexican and Southwestern US Cuisine
Da Maurizio is quite simply one of Phuket’s best Italian restaurants. It serves innovative modern Italian cuisine in a beautiful granite-rock beach setting and has an extensive and award-winning wine cellar. Next door to it are two other well-known and award-winning restaurants operated by the same team; Baan Rim Pa Royal Thai restaurant and Joe’s Downstairs which serves Asian-style tapas & seafood. Expect excellence but also expect to pay more than average. Read More...
- Location: Kalim Beach, opposite Novotel Patong Resort.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 344079
- Cuisine: Italian/Thai Royal Cuisine and Asian modern fusion
été Ice Cream
A small but lovely place to enjoy various types of été ice cream and dairy products.
- Location: Next to La Flora Patong, opposite TMB Bank
- Cuisine: Ice cream
A fun Irish pub along the Beach Road, easy to spot with its green exterior. It serves up great pub food and has a long drinks list.
- Location: Opposite Loma Park, near the Patong Patong Municipality Food Court
- Cuisine: Western food
Long-established Grillhuette restaurant offers plenty of delicious German and Austrian food; pork sausage with fried potatoes and sauerkraut, beef roulade, sauerbraten, pork knuckles and escallops, Vienna style. Prices are reasonable. A clean place with a friendly atmosphere in quiet surroundings.
- Location: Soi Foodland, look for the opticians called ‘Eye Lab’ at the entrance of the soi
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 456
- Cuisine: German and Austrian
Haagen-Dazs ice cream and cakes are for people with a sweet tooth. Prices are higher than in Phuket Town.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Next to The Port Restaurant, in front of Banthai Beach Resort
It’s a humble-sounding name, for sure, but in point of fact Joe’s Downstairs is one of Phuket’s leading restaurants. The ‘downstairs’ lead to an idyllically located all-white restaurant perched on granite boulders overlooking the Andaman Sea. The ideal place for sunset cocktails, Joe’s is a regular watering hole for the young and affluent Phuket set. Read More...
- Address: 223/3 Prabaramee Rd. T. Patong A. Kathu Phuket 83150
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 254
Since decades, this very popular swedish restaurants among residents cooks up probably the best imported steaks on the island for very affordable price. Sirloins and T-Bones cooked to perfection, but also a very large choice of dishes, pizzas, and pasta. Friendly staff. Parking is available in the back, which is a plus in this busy area.
- Location: located end of the soi
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 345035
- Cuisine: Steakhouse and Swedish
- Website: http://www.karlssons-phuket.com
Offers Italian fare with a competent and reasonably priced 40-label list of wines including Italian, French and Australian. Dishes come in large portions and prices are on the expensive side. La Casa, which is part of the Patong Bay Garden, has another branch inside Jungceylon Shopping Mall. Read More...
- Location: Patong Bay Garden, at the junction of the Beach Road and at the western end of Soi Bangla
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340297
- Cuisine: Italian
La Gritta is one of the most established and well-respected Italian fine-dining restaurants in Patong. For many years now its name has been synonymous with expert cuisine, great food presentation, tasteful décor and stunning views over Patong Bay. The restaurant is notable for achieving a fine balance between contemporary and traditional Italian cuisine – in opulent and tasteful surroundings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 11:00 to 24:00. Seven days a week
- Location: La Gritta in Amari Coral Beach Resort – south Patong Beach.
- Tel: 076-340106-14
- Cuisine: Italian
Lai Mai Restaurant
Lai Mai Restaurant is quite popular among tourists as they have good Thai/western/seafood and good entertainment at night. Live (pop) music runs from 20:00 – 01:00 with a few short breaks in between. Prices are affordable.
- Location: Baan Lamai, near Soi Watana
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 292 950
- Cuisine: Thai Food, Western Food, Seafood
The most famous Irish pub on the beachfront and sister to Bangla Road's Scruffy Murphy's, it is a lively place to hang out and enjoy the wholesome food (old-fashioned home-style pub food i.e. burgers, pies, fish & chips) & drinks both indoors and outdoors. Molly's has live music nightly from 21:30 onward. Prices are affordable. Read More...
- Opening Hours: + 66 (0)76 292 771
- Location: Patong Beach Road, next to McDonald’s
- Tel: + 66 (0)76 292 771
- Cuisine: Pub grubs and Thai Food
Patong Municipality Food Court is not strictly a food court as such but rather a collection of stand-alone restaurants sharing the same block on Beach Road in Patong just north of Bangla Road.
Serving up mostly seafood, the dishes here are spanking fresh and even though they are pitched at decidedly tourist prices they are nevertheless the real thing. You’ll find paid toilets to the side of the block where you can even grab a shower if the food gets too spicy. Read More...
- Location: On the beach side at the intersection of Sawatdirak Road and Beach Road (Loma Park)
- Cuisine: Thai-street food, seafood and western food.
Established in 1979, this is probably the most well-known seafood joint in town. They do seafood Patong style by displaying their wares out on ice at the front of the restaurant. It can be expensive for some items, depending on size and weight.
- Location: Near the corner of Soi Bangla on the Beach Road
- Cuisine: Seafood and Thai
Thai-owned pizza joint. Offers free delivery service.
- Location: Next to Molly Malone's
- Tel: 1112 (yes!)
- Cuisine: Pizza and Pasta
Roadside Food Vendors
The ubiquitous and basic setup of simple plastic chairs and tables with a constantly changing view of passers by is a popular choice for many visitors. The vendors start their operation in the late morning and prepare food sometimes until the early hours, others only open late afternoon onwards but you'll always find a place to eat roadside if you look around. Although there are many roadside food vendors in Patong the dishes served are pretty similar, including the well-known spicy papaya salad (som tam) and grilled chicken plus many more Thai/seafood BBQ dishes as well as noodles. Roadside food vendors present a perfect opportunity to try out Thai cuisine at very little cost.
- Location: Along the sidewalks to the north of, and opposite Loma Park
- Cuisine: Grilled seafood/chicken, papaya salad, noodles
Rodizio Brazil Phuket Steakhouse is most definitely a place for meat lovers. When thinking of meat dishes many people naturally would think of the USA, Australia, and of course Argentina. It would appear that only connoisseurs associate Brazil with an all-out meat splurge but it’s true: Brazilians are great carnivores and love nothing better than a good steak. So when Rodizio Brazilian Restaurant – an all-you-can-eat arrangement – opened in Soi Patong Tower just off Patong’s Beach Road it was good news for carnivorous types and the restaurant has subsequently enjoyed quite a success. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 - Late
- Location: Soi Patong Tower
- Tel: Soi Patong Tower
Sala Bua in the Impiana Cabana Resort offers fantastic food such as sashimi of red snapper, rock lobster salad, tea-smoked Norwegian salmon with a warm cherry tomato and cucumber salad. Prices are on the high side. Also in the Impiana are, 3 Spices (plenty of delicious creative foods of eastern and western ingredients) and La Salsa (an elegant cantina and cigar bar). Read More...
- Location: In the Impiana Cabana Resort on the Beach Road, 200 metres north of Soi Bangla.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340138
- Cuisine: International
On the grounds of Holiday Inn, this steakhouse has a striking design and offers almost 90 wines from their famous cellar. It's a good place for that special night out, although it's certainly not cheap. Other food outlets in the Holiday Inn are Sea Breeze (Coffee Shop), The Busakorn (Thai, Seafood & International) and the Terrazzo (Italian food). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 18:00 - 22:00
- Location: Inside Holiday Inn Resort
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340608
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
Savoey is one of the biggest seafood restaurants in Patong and has been operating for more than 20 years. The choice of seafood on the photo menu is wide with lobster, crab, fish, king prawns, mussel and squid all served deep-fried, grilled, or steamed. Its sister restaurant is Savory on the Beach, located across the road by the sea. It’s smaller but with a more agreeable white colour scheme. Prices for the seafood differ with size and weight and it can be quite expensive for some items. Read More...
- Location: Safari Beach Hotel, Opposite Siam Commercial Bank near Soi Bangla
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 398056
- Cuisine: Seafood and Thai
A legend in its own lifetime already, Sea Hag is not only the flagship gay restaurant in Patong, but it stands on its own as a culinary landmark after 15 years on the scene. Owner Khun Kenya, has shown impeccable taste in décor and atmosphere and with this combination of good food and discernment it’s hard to find a better intimate dining location in his part of Patong – albeit gay or straight. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Lunch from 12:00 to 16:00, Diner 18:00 to midnight
- Location: 78/5 Permpong Soi III (Soi Wattana Clinic)
- Tel: 076-341111
- Cuisine: Thai Food
On a very hot day, Starbucks offers a nice air-conditioned indoor sitting area and you can sit outside as well. A good place for people watching as well as for escaping the heat, just a few steps away from the beach.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 until 24:00
- Location: Next to Watson’s
- Cuisine: Coffee & cookies
Another old timer restaurant in Patong, Swiss Tavern serves Swiss, European and Thai dishes. It has a personable and inviting atmosphere, even though it's located right in the centre of things in this busy beach town.
- Location: opposite Grillhuette in Soi Foodland
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 234
- Cuisine: Swiss and Thai
Tantawan Seafood Restaurant
Tantawan Seafood Restaurant is part of Thara Patong Resort. Open for dinner, the restaurant starts setting up about 16:00. It is a very interesting operation to observe as many types of seafood are laid out on big ice display boat-shaped 'trays' in front of the restaurant. Tantawan also has ‘take away’ cocktails/drinks in plastic cups from 16:00 onward. Most cocktails cost about 100 baht. Next to Tantawan is an Italian restaurant that is also part of the resort.
- Location: Thara Patong Resort, opposite Impiana Phuket Cabana Resort
- Cuisine: Seafood/Thai
Tantra is a nice looking and well fitted out Indian restaurant in a London pub setting; a good venue to relax and sip a few cool drinks after spending the day at the beach. Enjoy traditional and genuine tandoor dishes prepared with authentic Indian ingredients.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 24.00
- Location: Opposite Patong Municipality Food Court
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 296 016
- Cuisine: Indian Food
If you enjoy dining amid the breezy hustle and bustle of beach life while watching the world go by then Terrazzo in Patong is just for you. The restaurant is lively, busy and interesting and serves up unpretentious Italian dishes; in short, it's the ideal post-beach eatery.
- Opening Hours: Daily 18:00–24:00
- Location: in Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
- Address: 52 Thaweewong Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 608
The Beach Seafood & Restaurant
A good part of the Patong Beach Road runs adjacent to parking places and pavement. But at the junction of Bangla Road the beachfront restaurants and hotels begin and stretch on until Loma Park.
It takes a brave entrepreneur to operate a restaurant on this extremely competitive patch. One such restaurant is The Beach – one of the very few Patong restaurants where you can get sand between your toes as you dine.
- Location: 49 Soi Loma – Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)81 537 3795
The Palm Seafood
The Palm is part of The Palm Resort and offers fresh seafood with a Thai menu.
- Location: Near Burger King
The Port’s outdoor patio is a place to enjoy live music (pop/soft rock and hits) nightly by two bands. It is very popular with tourists and has a mixed Asian and Western crowd. Booking recommended during high season.
- Location: Near Starbucks, in front of Banthai Beach Resort.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340850-4
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai and international
The Surface Restaurant & Bar is a rooftop venue located at La Flora Resort right on Patong Beach. Open since 2007, La Flora is one of the most popular hotels in Patong due to its privileged location and its open-air restaurant overlooking the bay from the third floor, offers great yet affordable dining under the stars. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 24:00
- Location: La Flora Resort & Spa
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 241