Cape Panwa & Ao Yon Restaurants
Where to Eat in Cape Panwa and Ao Yon Beach
This tranquil eastern part of Phuket is a delight for those who savour peace and quiet. Picturesque and a throwback to the 'real' Phuket, you'll find that life hasn't changed a lot here and that the tourist invasion hasn't left its mark.
Therefore it follows that dining out in Ao Yon and Cape Panwa is also a more peaceful affair with the emphasis on enjoyment rather than bling and bluster.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Azur Restaurant is located in the rebranded Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort and offers indoor and outdoor seating, complete with terrific views, tasty food, and a wide selection of drinks. The menu at Azur features mainly Thai cuisine, though there are a few western favourites too if you just need a little taste of home. Traditional Thai dishes are cooked with modern twists, and the seafood dishes are especially acclaimed. Choose from an international wine selection to accompany your meal, or sip on a refreshing beer. Soft drinks, spirits, and cocktails are also available. Happy hour is between 13:30 and 14:30, with promotions on cocktails – prices start from 190 Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:30-22:30 daily
- Location: 44/5 Moo 8 Sakdidesh Road, Vichit, Muang, Phuket 83000
- Tel: 66 (0) 76 602 500
Baba IKI at Sri Panwa Phuket offers as authentic and luxurious a taste of the increasingly popular fare of the Land of the Rising Sun as you are ever likely to find in Phuket. Opened in January 2015, it is the pride of the Sri Panwa Phuket resort and greatly benefit’s from the hotel’s high quality and attention to detail, as well as its stunning location.
The really impressive feature of Baba IKI is that all of the ingredients are imported straight in, mostly from Japan. This ensures that they really do serve Japanese cuisine, instead of a local adaptation. Naturally, this does nudge the price up a little, but Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Sri Panwa Phuket, Cape Panwa
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 1000
- Cuisine: Japanese
The Cove Phuket is an extremely laid-back beachfront restaurant and guesthouse located right by the sand of the quaint and quiet Ao Yon Beach on the Panwa peninsula in southeast Phuket. Managed by a friendly backpacker couple, it has a great selection of mostly European food, an impressive drinks menu and superb sunset views.
Found in the location of what was once The Secret Cove, the old venue was totally removed and rebuilt as a fresh, modern, trendy place. It has five small but fully-equipped bungalows (three by the beach and two more up on the hill, with a more commanding view of the quiet little bay), a well-stocked bar Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: 8/1 Moo 8, Ao Yon Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)62 791 4643
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/The-Cove-Phuket-894103467344496
Lainapa is a beachfront venue operated by Cloud19 Resort in the Ao Yon, Cape Panwa area. Recommended dishes include phad thai with prawns and fusion pasta dishes as well as grilled Australian tenderloin. They have live jazz by the beach regularly, call for the schedule.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Cloud 19 Resort, Bor Rae-Ao Yon Road, Cape Panwa Area.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 200 920
- Cuisine: Thai and Western
Live India Restaurant
Live India come in a handy when feeling hungry for something different around Cape Panwa area. Their kitchen’s main focus is on the dishes from northern part of India. Good value for money.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Sukdidej Road, on the esplanade, Cape Panwa (not far from the Phuket Aquarium).
- Tel: +66 (0)81 5379 970
- Cuisine: Indian
Tin plays such an important part of Phuket’s history and the island has a stronger Chinese presence than any other Thai province due to the influx of Chinese labour over 100 years ago.
One of the results of the tin boom is an impressive collection of colonial-style tin mogul mansions dotted throughout the island, in various stages of disrepair or recondition. Read More...
- Location: Right on the beach in the grounds of Cape Panwa Hotel which in turn is situated on the east coast of the island.
- Tel: (+66) 076 391 123-5
Ship Inn Bar & Restaurant
This is a lovely place to relax and unwind. The food they serve in the restaurant is just excellent with good quality and variety. It has western and Thai (as well as some dishes from Issan region (somtam and laab moo). Good for family with kids as it’s right on the beach and there are pleasing views even in low season (May and June) as many yachts drop anchor here. Check out their Friday special menu.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Ao Yon Beach, Ao Yon- Kho Khad Road, next to the Secret Cove Resort.
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 3677 765
- Cuisine: Thai and international
This is a popular and lively bar for local residents living nearby and around Cape Panwa as well as an ideal spot to meet other fellow travelers. In a handy location with great sunset views, Sunset has a party atmosphere and a wide variety of drinks as well as friendly and knowledgeable hosts. Free Wi-Fi.
- Opening Hours: All year round
- Location: Sukdidej Road, Cape Panwa (not far from the Phuket Aquarium)
- Cuisine: Thai and western