Kalim Beach Restaurants
Where to Eat in Kalim Beach
Kalim Beach has built up a reputation over the years as a must-stop address for those looking for fine dining. With fantastic views of Patong and Kalim and many up-and-coming venues to select from, this small bay is the perfect location to unwind.
Among the stylish venues there are Brush Restaurant & Lounge, Saint Tropez Beach Club, White Box, Acqua and Lim’s. And let’s not forget the pioneer of them all – Baan Rim Pa as well as local favourite Pan Yaah Restaurant.
One newcomer to the Kalim scene is Acqua, a modern Italian restaurant that is the labour of love of Sardinian-born chef, Alessandro Frau. With clean lines, a futuristic design and great views out over the Andaman, Acqua is definitely a leading contender for one of the most aesthetically pleasing restaurants in Phuket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00-23:00
- Location: 322/5 Prabaramee Road Kalim Beach
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 618 127
- Cuisine: Italian/fusion
Baan Kalim at the north end of Patong is located just before the famous Baan Rim Pa Restaurant. It features seafood, Thai and international dishes. Recommended items on the menu include the Thai appetizer platter (a combination of spring rolls , goong sarong (large shrimp wrapped in fried noodles) ,toong tong (delicious mincemeat wrap in wanton wrappers) and chicken satay), broiled tiger prawns with cognac and garlic sauce served with fresh cream and stir-fried crab with curry powder.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00–24:00
- Location: Right on the beach facing the police booth at the T-junction at Prabaramee Road and the Beach Road, north of Patong
- Tel: +66 (0) 88 – 1806 936
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai and Western food
Home Kitchen, Bar & Bed is the new project of the multi-talented and hyper-creative Chef Daniel Isberg, whom opened this new restaurant/lounge bar/boutique hotel in the walls of formerly Brush Restaurant at Kalim Beach in the northern part of Patong Bay in August 2014.
Home Kitchen’s arty design comes from the sparkling creative brain of another talented Phuket character – Australian industrial artist John Underwood – who is famous for recycling and transforming old stuff into splendid pieces of art. Set in a two-storey building with the second floor shaped as an upside-down boat’s hull opened to the sea, the venue is highly original and fashionable; a perfect place for Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 16:00 – 23:00 daily
- Location: at Kalim Beach, opposite the street food court
- Remarks: Reservation recommended (mandatory for 'Chef Dinner')
- Tel: 093 764 6753
IndoChine is a fitting name for a company with branches in Phuket, Singapore and Jakarta (oh, and Hamburg, too). IndoChine restaurant in Kalim, just north of Patong, is a very swank looking affair with ultramodern lines and design, a groovy musical backdrop and impressive views out over Patong all the way to Emerald Beach on the opposite side of the bay. With a pan-Asian menu and a decent wine selection it covers a lot of bases. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00
- Location: 328/81 Prabaramee Road, Kalim Beach
- Tel: 076-380860, 081-8951375
A few years ago on the island there was a small and select band of restaurants that hardly advertised and yet each was famous amongst the smart-dining set and well-informed visitors. One restaurant that figured prominently on this elite list is Lim's in Kalim and it's not hard to see why it has this distinction. The 60-cover hillside restaurant encompasses everything a class act should: ultra-fresh food, expertly prepared select ingredients, great background tunes and a sense of occasion in unusual and tasteful surroundings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily - 18:30 – 23:00 - From beginning of May to end of October, closed on Sundays
- Location: 28 Phrabaramee Road, Soi 7, Kalim Beach, Phuket, 83150
- Remarks: Reservations recommended
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 344 834
- Cuisine: Modern Thai
Pan Yaah has a fine selection of Thai cuisine with one of the best views of Patong Bay. It is located on the same road as Baan Rim Pa going towards Kamala Beach, opposite the IndoChine Resort. Pan Yaah is popular with locals and frequent travelers to Phuket. Call in advance and ask for a table next to the water. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Opposite IndoChine Resort on Prabaramee Road, Kalim Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 290 450-1
- Cuisine: Thai/seafood
Saint Tropez Beach Club
Saint Tropez Beach Club is a chic bar set atop a four-storey restaurant and bar owned by Singapore’s innovative IndoChine Group. The ‘beach’ environment is invoked by palm trees dotted around the perimeter and numerous white rattan loungers, tables and chairs. A panoramic, elevated view across Patong Bay gives it an edge over its competitors. IndoChine’s fusion food features Vietnamese, Cambodia and Laos influences and the ‘beach’ becomes a funky nightclub past sunset with DJs and flashing lights.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 16:00 - midnight
- Location: Fourth floor, IndoChine Building, north end of Kalim Beach, opposite Pan Yaah Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 388 860
- Cuisine: Fusion food influenced by Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
Restaurants that offer actual beachside dining along Phuket’s west coast belong to an exclusive and select group. After all, there are so few of them. One such establishment is White Box, on Kalim Beach. Ever since its conception, the name White Box has been inextricably linked with chic parties, exotic cocktails, famous DJ’s and hi-so gatherings and, no less importantly, it has built itself a formidable reputation as a high-class dining location. Read More...
- Location: 247/5 Prabaramee Road (Beach Road) Kalim
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 346 271
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Asian