Kamala Beach Restaurants
Where to Eat in Kamala Beach
Dining out in Kamala is just as chilled out as everything else there, so don't expect waiters in tuxedos handing out dictionary-sized wine lists. However, do expect to find great seafood and international food in a decidedly casual atmosphere.
Just as you crest the hill coming from Patong you should see a few small Thai restaurants serving Issarn (Northeastern Thailand) food such as grilled chicken, sticky rice and papaya salad. These simple restaurants may not be the fanciest of places but the view from them is hard to beat and they make a great spot to have a snack or watch the sunset.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Restaurants in Kamala Beach
Aussie Pub Kamala
This is a decent bar where you can get a good variety of drinks, with a pool table, sports on TV, free Wi-Fi and friendly service. If you are missing food you can get at home such as fish & chips, hamburger, Aussie meat pies and sausages, this is the place to go to.
- Opening Hours: All year round.
- Location: Next to Apple’s Bar on the Kamala main road.
- Cuisine: Thai and western.
Baan Rim Klong
One of the favourite expat hang outs in this area is Baan Rim Klong, serving authentic Thai and Indian cuisine. It is also well known for its good value Sunday roasts, served buffet style and its quiz nights every Thursday at 20:00.
- Location: Opposite the Argentina Steakhouse
- Tel: +66 (0) 8 7620 5009
- Cuisine: Thai, English, Indian
Basilico Italian Restaurant
This venue is a part of a small accommodation by the same name that is owned and run by an Italian businessman. It has both indoor and outdoor seating and is only about 40 metres from the beach.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 23:30
- Location: If coming from Surin Beach, take the beach road south and when you come into Kamala, turn right at the first traffic light and follow the narrow road to the left, then when you make a right, Basilico is located on the right-hand side of the road, just before the beach.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 385 856
- Cuisine: Italian
A lovely restaurant serving Thai and international dishes. Blue Manao (blue lime) is a great place to people watch. Nice and clean family atmosphere with affordable prices.
- Location: near Papa Crab's Guesthouse on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and western food
Casual Beachfront Dining
There are a handful of permanent vendors serving food and drink on the beach during the daytime. Beach lovers don’t have to go far for food or fresh drinks. Prices are reasonable.
- Location: On the Kamala beachfront across the road from Kamala School
One of the most well-known family-run restaurants in Kamala, Charoen first opened about 20 years ago and it has a good selection of fresh seafood. Prices generally are affordable but can be expensive for some seafood items depending on weight. Good for families. Read More...
- Opening Hours: For breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: On the ground floor of Kamala Dreams on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: Thai & Seafood
Chez Ratatouille serves Thai food. It’s a small and reasonably priced restaurant with a family friendly atmosphere. Delivery service.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Location: On the Kamala main Road, next to a pharmacy opposite Tesco Lotus Express.
- Tel: +66 (0)76 385 190
- Cuisine: Thai
Way below, the sea sparkles and shimmers in the early evening light. The sun hovers above the horizon as shadows on the wooden deck terrace lengthen. A gentle breeze ruffles the napkins as we enjoy our vodka martinis in one of the most impressive dining locations on Phuket’s chiseled and beach-indented west coast.
This is Paresa, a five-star resort located along Millionaires’ Mile – one of Phuket’s most renowned addresses. To be more specific we’re sitting in Diavolo, one of the resort’s restaurants. Diavolo is unusual in concept as it shares space with Talung Thai, the resort’s signature Thai restaurant. Read More...
- Location: At Paresa Resort
- Tel: 076 302 000
Duck Spicy (Laab Ped)
If you fancy real Thai food, try the Duck Spicy – a small and simple restaurant offering a good range of spicy stuff such as som tam (spicy papaya salad) and laab ped (spicy duck salad). Prices are affordable.
- Opening Hours: Lunch and dinner
- Location: On Kamala Main Road
- Cuisine: Local Thai (and Issan) food
- Price Range: Affordable
The Grill on High Street
The Grill on High Street is a part of a long-established hotel in Kamala, the Club Hotel & Restaurant. The blue-and-white building is very visible from the road. Other outlets here include the Rooftop Restaurant and the Club Restaurant. They also have pool tables and prices are reasonable.
- Location: On the main road
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 893 4911
- Cuisine: Thai and international
Grill Bill Restaurant & Lounge
Grill Bill Restaurant & Lounge is a small venue by the size – it has only 36 seats – but large by the quality of its food and atmosphere. Grill Bill is part of a chain featuring outlets all around Asia; the Kamala branch opened in 2013 and is already very popular. Located on Soi Rim Hat in the village of Kamala, the restaurant is mostly open-air and designed in a modern style with a yellow-and-grey theme, buffed-concrete walls, and wooden furnishing.
Grill Bill is specialised in American (barbecued meat and fish) and Italian (wood fired pizza) favourites; serving only imported beef from Australia grilled on charcoal barbecue, Grill Bill is a haven for meat-lovers. Besides its BBQ food and pizzas, the restaurant also has a good choice of international dishes – pasta, salad, chili con carne, schnitzel, burgers and more. Prices are rather fair; for instance spaghetti carbonara with one glass of red house-wine cost 430 baht, and a grilled striploin steak (250gr) with pepper sauce costs 610 baht (prices of June 2014). As mentioned on Grill Bill’s menu: there’s no Thai food available here.
- Opening Hours: in low season from 16:30 – midnight; in high season from 10:00 – midnight
- Location: on Soi Rim Hat, 50m from the main road going through Kamala
- Tel: 081-0890543
On the opposite side of the road from Blue Manao there's HC Andersen's which has a reputation for good food. Great for families and prices are affordable.
- Location: On the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: International and Thai
Another breakfast location is the Kamala Bakery, just a few houses down from the new Bangkok Bank on the main road. The bakery has good breakfast options and tasty bread.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Near Bangkok Bank on the main road
- Cuisine: Deli & bread
Kamala Coffee House
Kamala Coffee House is a two-storey place with a breezy terrace that offers a nice ocean view. There is nothing fancy about their simple food but it is a good location to watch the world go by.
- Location: Right next to the canal on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach.
- Cuisine: Ice cream, coffee, easy food
Kokosnuss means coconuts in German, and this recently opened restaurant and bakery (2013) became one of the favourite dining venue in Kamala due to the quality of its food and bread and most of all for its casual and relaxed atmosphere. This family-friendly open-sided venue is the right choice for a Pantagruelic dinner: their daily ‘all-you-can-eat buffet’ is already famous; from Monday to Sunday a special dish is highlighted – Schnitzel, beef roulade, pork roast, pizza & pasta, Bavarian bread/ham& cheese, cordon bleu, and more.
If buffet-dining is not your thing, the regular menu features a great choice of Thai, German and international favourites at very reasonable prices. Kokosnuss Kamala is indeed a good value for money restaurant.
- Opening Hours: daily from 08:00 – 23:00
- Location: in the centre of Kamala Village
- Tel: 081-5385285
Le Gourmet is another very popular restaurant on Kamala Beach, serving Thai, seafood, pizza and European cuisine. It offers a sofa lounge, pool table, and open-air style dining.
- Opening Hours: From 11:00 until late.
- Location: When you reach the bottom of the hill from Patong, it is at the corner of the main road before turning left to the beach.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 278 016
- Cuisine: Thai and western
Locanda all Aragosta
If you are looking for authentic Italian food in Kamala, head to Locanda all Aragosta on the main road for some of the best handmade pasta and pizzas in town. Though the restaurant is small it’s clean and lively with a small garden out front. Look for the big sign in front that says ‘Ristorante Italiano Chef Roberto Collini’.
- Opening Hours: Lunch & dinner.
- Location: On the main Kamala road, not far from Chez Ratatouille Restaurant.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 385 917
- Cuisine: Italian
Mountain View Restaurant
Another local favourite hangout, Mountain View restaurant serves Mexican food with some excellent Rock n' Roll background tunes. It serves up to 250 covers. A great place for partying.
- Opening Hours: 12.00 - 02:00
- Location: On Kamala Main Road, near the Bangkok Bank
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 279 486
Oh La La
Oh La La has been in Kamala for quite some time now and has become a meeting point for many expats in the village. Its menu is quite extensive, making it a perfect place where the whole family or a group of friends can enjoy their choices of food for the day. It features Thai, French, Italian dishes (their pizza is a must) and more. Friendly staff members and reasonably priced. Delivery service is also available.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: On the left-hand side of the Kamala main road if coming from Surin Beach, not far from the very first traffic light.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 38 55 37
- Cuisine: Thai and western
Pavilion Beach Restaurant
Pavilion Beach Restaurant is another perfect spot for a day or night out (equally good for both). It is set right on the Kamala Beach at the corner opposite Kamala School. A big, open-air restaurant with lots of room, they offer everything from Thai food to burgers, spaghetti and more. Family friendly, with reasonable prices.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: Opposite the Kamala School on the corner
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and international
Laid back and relaxed – the typical beach restaurant. Surprisingly, some people actually don a T-shirt to eat lunch here, although it is by no means obligatory. Laem Singh is a lovely beach so the views are splendid and the perfect accompaniment to a fresh seafood lunch. Read More...
- Location: Laem Singh Beach, on the road between Kamala and Surin beaches.
Rockfish Restaurant in Kamala
Rockfish is one of the best looking open-air, sea view restaurants in Phuket. A perfect place for romantic dining or a special night out, its menu consists of modern & international dishes with an excellent wine list. Rockfish hosts cool parties with DJ's. Breakfast and set lunches are reasonable but afternoon and evening dining is expensive.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 until late
- Location: As soon as you reach the bottom of the hill from Patong take a left along the southern end of the bay, look for the Rockfish sign. It is right next to Kamala Beach Estate.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 279732
- Cuisine: Asian-influenced fusion food and Australian
Located right on the waterfront at Kamala Beach, its menu consists of both Thai and western food. Parking is also available. Prices are affordable.
- Location: Near Kamala Dreams
- Cuisine: Thai & International
Manubai Restaurant Lounge-Bar
Manubai Restaurant Lounge-Bar is amongst the favourite dining venues in Kamala Beach. Located on Soi Rim Hat, Manubai is a stylish restaurant set in a two-storey terracotta brick building. At the first floor, the dining room is decorated in a classy colonial style, and the second floor hosts a more contemporary styled cosy lounge.
The quality of the Thai and French cuisines served at Manubai Restaurant is second to none, and the size of the portions can be quoted as generous; all of this with excellent and prompt service, and at reasonable rates; no wonder why Manubai Restaurant Lounge-Bar is so looked-after on Kamala dining scene.
- Opening Hours: from 17:00-23:00 closed on Sundays
- Location: on Soi Rim Hat, 100m from the beach front in Kamala village
- Tel: 086-2738902 or 076-279619
Plum is one of the four restaurants of Cape Sienna Phuket, a five-star resort located towards the entrance of Nakalay Road (Phuket’s Millionaire’s Mile) in the Southern part of Kamala. Stylish and luxurious, Plum features a modern décor and outstanding views over Kamala Bay and the Andaman Sea whether from its glass-paneled dining room as from its large decking.
Plum Restaurant is a fine-dining venue serving Mediterranean fusion cuisine; dishes such as tropical mango salad with shrimps (390 baht), Tuscanian style spelt soup with Colonnata's lard (490 baht), risotto alla pescatora (original fisherman's risotto – 450 baht) or poached snow fish in lobster juice (890 baht), to name just a few, are a great taste buds’ pleasure.
- Opening Hours: daily from 18:00 – 23:30
- Location: On Cape Sienna Phuket grounds
Salt & Pepper
Salt & Pepper does great western food. You can dine with your table on the sand. Friendly staff, great beach atmosphere, great for families, good food at affordable prices.
- Opening Hours: For lunch and dinner
- Location: On the beach, near Kamala Dreams
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 385 371
- Cuisine: Swedish, Western and Thai
Silk is predominantly a Thai restaurant although it does have a two-page western menu. Set in the opulent grounds of Andara Resort & Villas in Kamala, Silk has equally sumptuous décor and design so dining here is regarded by many locals as a special occasion. The restaurant moved from its Surin Plaza location several years back but has retained its class-act appeal, its reputation for good-quality Thai fare and pretty much the same fittings and plan. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 23:00
- Location: 15, Moo 6 Kamala Beach
- Tel: 076 338 777
Two Chefs Bar & Grill
Two Chefs Bar & Grill - Kamala is the fourth outlet opened by this successful brand established in Phuket since 2000. Located in the compounds of Icon Park Condominium (at the foot of the mountain when coming from Patong Beach), Two Chefs has both air-conditioned indoor and fan-cooled outdoor areas featuring modern furnishing and décor emphasized by advanced lighting.
Two Chefs Bar & Grill menu is international; you will find here Italian (fresh tagliolini with prawns – 395 baht), Mexican (chicken fajitas – 395 baht), Greek (pork fillet à la Tzatziki – 425 baht), French (pork fillet à la Béarnaise – 445 baht), English (fish & chips – 395 baht), Thai (chicken Massaman – 265 baht), Swedish (meatballs with mashed potatoes – 395 baht), German (cordon bleu schnitzel – 445 baht), and much much more (all prices mentioned are of June 2014); it is not fine-dining but if you are looking for a hearty meal at affordable price, Two Chefs is the place to go.
- Opening Hours: daily from 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: in the compounds of Icon Park Condominium which also hosts Kamala Resort & Spa
Situated at the end of Kamala Bay, White Orchid has been open for over a decade. This local family-run restaurant offers Thai and European food along with imported wines. Prices are affordable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 -22:30
- Location: Opposite Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa at Kamala Cove (formerly Kamala Bay Terrace)
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 892 9757
- Cuisine: Thai/European