Kamala Beach Restaurants
Where to Eat in Kamala Beach
Dining out in Kamala is just as chilled out as everything else there, so don't expect waiters in tuxedos handing out dictionary-sized wine lists. However, do expect to find great seafood and international food in a decidedly casual atmosphere.
Just as you crest the hill coming from Patong you should see a few small Thai restaurants serving Issarn (Northeastern Thailand) food such as grilled chicken, sticky rice and papaya salad. These simple restaurants may not be the fanciest of places but the view from them is hard to beat and they make a great spot to have a snack or watch the sunset.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
All Restaurants in Kamala Beach
This is a decent bar where you can get a good variety of drinks, with a pool table, sports on TV, free Wi-Fi and friendly service. If you are missing food you can get at home such as fish & chips, hamburger, Aussie meat pies and sausages, this is the place to go to. Read More...
- Opening Hours: All year round.
- Location: Next to Apple’s Bar on the Kamala main road.
- Cuisine: Thai and western.
Baan Rim Klong
One of the favourite expat hang outs in this area is Baan Rim Klong, serving authentic Thai and Indian cuisine. It is also well known for its good value Sunday roasts, served buffet style and its quiz nights every Thursday at 20:00.
- Location: Opposite the Argentina Steakhouse
- Tel: +66 (0)87 620 5009
- Cuisine: Thai, English, Indian
It’s not difficult to guess what the house specialty of BBQ Buffet is. The signature dining experience features fresh meats and seafood and takes place every Saturday night, costing 170 baht per person (though you might get charged for any excess food left on your plate when you are finished). The rest of the time, the spacious and simple restaurant serves up good and fairly-priced Thai dishes, including green curry, tom yam and coconut soup. Free Wi-Fi is available and, unusually, so is motorbike rental.
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 01:00
- Location: Hua Khuan Tai Road, Kamala
Black Cats is an example of Kamala’s typical bar and restaurants that have been there for many years. It used to be just a small venue, but went under a big renovation some time back. Now it looks cleaner, more modern and appealing. It’s one of the most popular places where Kamala expats hang out, partly because of its daily happy hours that start as early as 15:00.
- Opening Hours: All year round
- Location: On Kamala main road, opposite Kamala Beer Garden
A lovely restaurant serving Thai and international dishes. Blue Manao (blue lime) is a great place to people watch. Nice and clean family atmosphere with affordable prices.
- Location: near Papa Crab's Guesthouse on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and western food
This Thai restaurant has the name “Bua” for good reason. The word refers to lotus - probably the most important flower in Thailand (also a common name for girls). The locals use it on a daily basis, mainly for paying respect to Buddha images and monks. With a lovely atmosphere with great a view looking north across Kamala Bay, Bua specialises in Thai cuisine. If you are not familiar with Asian food, ask the staff for their recommendations or simply try Phad Thai, fried shrimp cakes, beef massaman stew, or stir-fried chicken with cashews; you’ll enjoy them. Friendly and prompt service.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 23:00
- Location: At the southern end of Kamala Beach, over the bridge and around the corner, near Kamala Beach Estate and Cape Sienna Hotel
- Tel: +66 (0)7 638 5714
- Cuisine: Thai
Casual Beachfront Dining
There are a handful of permanent vendors serving food and drink on the beach during the daytime. Beach lovers don’t have to go far for food or fresh drinks. Prices are reasonable.
- Location: On the Kamala beachfront across the road from Kamala School
One of the most well-known family-run restaurants in Kamala, Charoen first opened about 20 years ago and it has a good selection of fresh seafood. Prices generally are affordable but can be expensive for some seafood items depending on weight. Good for families. Read More...
- Opening Hours: For breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: On the ground floor of Kamala Dreams on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: Thai & Seafood
This charming restaurant boasts valuable waterfront with a spectacular view. The Deck opened its door in late 2014 and comes with a variety of dining options such as banquette lounges, indoor seating and an outdoor terrace (the best option in the house). Its kitchen serves dishes covering authentic North American and Asian cuisines, along with the best local seafood. We recommended the pumpkin coconut soup, spicy noodle salad, spring rolls, Tom Yum soup and steak.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 23:00
- Location: Part of Kamala Beach Estate. To go there, head to the southern end of Kamala Beach, over the bridge and around the corner.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 9756 Ext: 132
- Cuisine: American, Asian and seafood
Way below, the sea sparkles and shimmers in the early evening light. The sun hovers above the horizon as shadows on the wooden deck terrace lengthen. A gentle breeze ruffles the napkins as we enjoy our vodka martinis in one of the most impressive dining locations on Phuket’s chiseled and beach-indented west coast.
This is Paresa, a five-star resort located along Millionaires’ Mile – one of Phuket’s most renowned addresses. To be more specific we’re sitting in Diavolo, one of the resort’s restaurants. Diavolo is unusual in concept as it shares space with Talung Thai, the resort’s signature Thai restaurant. Read More...
- Location: At Paresa Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)7 630 2000
Duck Spicy (Laab Ped)
If you fancy real Thai food, try the Duck Spicy – a small and simple restaurant offering a good range of spicy stuff such as som tam (spicy papaya salad) and laab ped (spicy duck salad). Prices are affordable.
- Opening Hours: Lunch and dinner
- Location: On Kamala Main Road
- Cuisine: Local Thai (and Issan) food
- Price Range: Affordable
Green Pancake (aka Roti Baithuy) is the place to get delicious roti or Thai pancake that works as a snack or as a breakfast. Roti is one of the hit street foods and originated in India. Here at Green Pancake, they offer you roti with different toppings (pineapple, banana, eggs, raisins and more) from 15:00 – 23:00. The best way to enjoy roti is to wash it down with local beverages, including Phuket-style tea and coffee that you can have hot or cold. It’s also a lot of fun just to watch how they made the pancakes!
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 23:00, closed on Friday
- Location: Kamala’s main road
- Cuisine: Thai pancakes
The Grill on High Street
The Grill on High Street is a part of a long-established hotel in Kamala, the Club Hotel & Restaurant. The blue-and-white building is very visible from the road. Other outlets here include the Rooftop Restaurant and the Club Restaurant. They also have pool tables and prices are reasonable.
- Location: On the main road
- Tel: +66 (0)81 893 4911
- Cuisine: Thai and international
Grill Bill Restaurant & Lounge is a small venue by the size – it has only 36 seats – but large by the quality of its food and atmosphere. Grill Bill is part of a chain featuring outlets all around Asia; the Kamala branch opened in 2013 and is already very popular. Located on Soi Rim Hat in the village of Kamala, the restaurant is mostly open-air and designed in a modern style with a yellow-and-grey theme, buffed-concrete walls, and wooden furnishing.
Grill Bill is specialised in American (barbecued meat and fish) and Italian (wood fired pizza) favourites; serving only imported beef from Australia grilled on charcoal barbecue, Grill Bill Read More...
- Opening Hours: in low season from 16:30 – midnight; in high season from 10:00 – midnight
- Location: on Soi Rim Hat, 50m from the main road going through Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)81 089 0543
On the opposite side of the road from Blue Manao there's HC Andersen's which has a reputation for good food. Great for families and prices are affordable.
- Location: On the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
- Cuisine: International and Thai
Rather rough-and-ready in appearance – to the extent that the “open” sign is just scribbled on a whiteboard – Issan-Rimkorng is known for serving some of the cheapest Thai food in town, but with surprisingly good quality for the price. The restaurant under what amounts to a lean-to, squeezed into a narrow gap by the edge of a canal, but there is certainly no arguing with a maximum price of 100 baht per dish. The green curry (80 baht) is a particularly popular choice.
- Location: Near Clear House Resort, Main Road, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)83 310 6524
Another breakfast location is the Kamala Bakery, just a few houses down from the new Bangkok Bank on the main road. The bakery has good breakfast options and tasty bread.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Near Bangkok Bank on the main road
- Cuisine: Deli & bread
Khao Na Ped
A simple little shop-house restaurant, it is such a local place that the name on the sign is written only in Thai, though there is a picture of a duck to give you an idea of what most of the menu consists of. The quiet and friendly owner serves up a surprising number of duck-oriented preparations, including duck in massaman curry, in oyster sauce, in sweet and sour sauce, with noodles and with rice, all for 50 to 120 baht. You will also find a few chicken, beef and seafood dishes on the modest menu but, being a halal establishment, no pork.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 20:00. Closed Fri
- Location: Hua Khuan Nuea Road
- Tel: +66 (0)87 266 9850
Kokosnuss means coconuts in German, and this recently opened restaurant and bakery (2013) became one of the favourite dining venue in Kamala due to the quality of its food and bread and most of all for its casual and relaxed atmosphere. This family-friendly open-sided venue is the right choice for a Pantagruelic dinner: their daily ‘all-you-can-eat buffet’ is already famous; from Monday to Sunday a special dish is highlighted – Schnitzel, beef roulade, pork roast, pizza & pasta, Bavarian bread/ham& cheese, cordon bleu, and more.
If buffet-dining is not your thing, the regular menu features a great choice of Thai, German and international favourites at very reasonable prices. Kokosnuss Kamala is indeed a good value for money restaurant.
- Opening Hours: daily from 08:00 – 23:00
- Location: in the centre of Kamala Village
- Tel: +66 (0)81 538 5285
Le Gourmet is another very popular restaurant on Kamala Beach, serving Thai, seafood, pizza and European cuisine. It offers a sofa lounge, pool table, and open-air style dining.
- Opening Hours: From 11:00 until late.
- Location: When you reach the bottom of the hill from Patong, it is at the corner of the main road before turning left to the beach.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 8016
- Cuisine: Thai and western
Located right on the waterfront at Kamala Beach, its menu consists of both Thai and western food. Parking is also available. Prices are affordable.
- Location: Near Kamala Dreams
- Cuisine: Thai & International
Mountain View Restaurant
Another local favourite hangout, Mountain View restaurant serves Mexican food with some excellent Rock n' Roll background tunes. It serves up to 250 covers. A great place for partying.
- Opening Hours: 12.00 - 02:00
- Location: On Kamala Main Road, near the Bangkok Bank
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 9486
A family restaurant that comes with a view over Kamala Village, Nana Rooftop is situated right along the main Kamala Road. While you'll find some typical European fare, spicy Tomyum soup, chicken green curry and Thai-style salad are more fun options.
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 24:00
- Location: On Kamala’s main road, next to 100 Beers
- Cuisine: Thai and European
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/NanaRooftopRestaurant
Oh La La
Oh La La has been in Kamala for quite some time now and has become a meeting point for many expats in the village. Its menu is quite extensive, making it a perfect place where the whole family or a group of friends can enjoy their choices of food for the day. It features Thai, French, Italian dishes (their pizza is a must) and more. Friendly staff members and reasonably priced. Delivery service is also available.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: On the left-hand side of the Kamala main road if coming from Surin Beach, not far from the very first traffic light.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 638 5537
- Cuisine: Thai and western
Pavillion Beach Restaurant
Pavillion Beach Restaurant is another perfect spot for a day or night out (equally good for both). It is set right on the Kamala Beach at the corner opposite Kamala School. A big, open-air restaurant with lots of room, they offer everything from Thai food to burgers, spaghetti and more. Family friendly, with reasonable prices.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: Opposite the Kamala School on the corner
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and international
Phumin Seafood Restaurant
Phumin Seafood Restaurant is located in a little palm-frond hut by the side of the Kamala’s main road, just to the south of Phuket FantaSea. It’s charmingly rustic exterior conceals quite a smart restaurant with a heavy focus on excellent Thai seafood. Their Phuket lobster – served with black pepper, tamarind or sweet and sour sauces – are particularly noteworthy, as are the barbecued prawns, crab, fish and squid. Prices are pretty reasonable, with most dishes costing less than 100 baht while larger items (such as the crab or lobster) are charged by weight.
- Location: Close to Phuket FantaSea, Main Road, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)80 719 6310
There is no movie theatre or nightclub in Kamala, but you’ll not feel the lack of it when visiting a somewhere like Pim’s Place. Located on Kamala’s main road, directly across from Tesco Lotus Express, the restaurant serves lasagne, fish and chips, pizza, burger, big breakfasts and delicious Thai food. With its reasonable prices and excellent service, there is no doubt why it’s quickly becoming a favourite place to eat. If these reasons are not enough, Pim’s Place also features a pool table, live sports, movie nights and live bands on a regularly basis.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 02:00
- Location: Kamala’s main road opposite Tesco Lotus Express
- Tel: +66 (0)93 650 0060
- Cuisine: Thai, Swedish and international
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Pims-Place-Kamala-740359406051764
Plum is one of the four restaurants of Cape Sienna Phuket, a five-star resort located towards the entrance of Nakalay Road (Phuket’s Millionaire’s Mile) in the Southern part of Kamala. Stylish and luxurious, Plum features a modern décor and outstanding views over Kamala Bay and the Andaman Sea whether from its glass-paneled dining room as from its large decking.
Plum Restaurant is a fine-dining venue serving Mediterranean fusion cuisine; dishes such as tropical mango salad with shrimps (390 baht), Tuscanian style spelt soup with Colonnata's lard (490 baht), risotto alla pescatora (original fisherman's risotto – 450 baht) or poached snow fish in lobster juice (890 baht), to name just a Read More...
- Opening Hours: daily from 18:00 – 23:30
- Location: On Cape Sienna Phuket grounds
Laid back and relaxed – the typical beach restaurant. Surprisingly, some people actually don a T-shirt to eat lunch here, although it is by no means obligatory. Laem Singh is a lovely beach so the views are splendid and the perfect accompaniment to a fresh seafood lunch. Read More...
- Location: Laem Singh Beach, on the road between Kamala and Surin beaches.
Roasted Duck Nutrition
Situated in the same building as a small guesthouse along the inland side of the main road running through Kamala, Roasted Duck Nutrition is not really a hotel restaurant. Its bizarre yet charming name accurately describes the majority of the menu, which is heavy on roasted duck, including fried rice with duck, duck noodles and whole roasted duck (chicken and pork dishes are also available). The restaurant itself has a bit of a shop-house look to it, with red plastic seats commonly filled by locals.
- Location: Main Road, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)89 173 5395
Salt & Pepper
Salt & Pepper does great western food. You can dine with your table on the sand. Friendly staff, great beach atmosphere, great for families, good food at affordable prices.
- Opening Hours: For lunch and dinner
- Location: On the beach, near Kamala Dreams
- Tel: +66 (0)7 638 5371
- Cuisine: Swedish, Western and Thai
Silk is predominantly a Thai restaurant although it does have a two-page western menu. Set in the opulent grounds of Andara Resort & Villas in Kamala, Silk has equally sumptuous décor and design so dining here is regarded by many locals as a special occasion. The restaurant moved from its Surin Plaza location several years back but has retained its class-act appeal, its reputation for good-quality Thai fare and pretty much the same fittings and plan. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 23:00
- Location: 15, Moo 6 Kamala Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 8777
Sunset Grill Restaurant’s name tells you pretty much all you need to know about this excellent hillside restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort. The open-sided eatery serves up high-quality grilled dishes with a stunning backdrop of the sun sinking into to Andaman Sea, all in a chic and romantic setting.
One of the three dining options at the five-star resort located on the coast road just to the south of Kamala, Sunset Grill is a little bit tricky to reach. It is right at the back of the resort, hard against the sheer hillside. This gives it the advantage of an exceptional elevated viewpoint over the whole resort and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 22:00
- Location: Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, 16/12 Moo 6, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)7 623 1234
Two Chefs Bar & Grill
Two Chefs Bar & Grill - Kamala is the fourth outlet opened by this successful brand established in Phuket since 2000. Located in the compounds of Icon Park Condominium (at the foot of the mountain when coming from Patong Beach), Two Chefs has both air-conditioned indoor and fan-cooled outdoor areas featuring modern furnishing and décor emphasized by advanced lighting.
Two Chefs Bar & Grill menu is international; you will find here Italian (fresh tagliolini with prawns – 395 baht), Mexican (chicken fajitas – 395 baht), Greek (pork fillet à la Tzatziki – 425 baht), French (pork fillet à la Béarnaise – 445 baht), English (fish & chips – 395 baht), Thai (chicken Massaman – 265 baht), Swedish (meatballs with mashed potatoes – 395 baht), German (cordon bleu schnitzel – 445 baht), and much much more (all prices mentioned are of June 2014); it is not fine-dining but if you are looking for a hearty meal at affordable price, Two Chefs is the place to go.
- Opening Hours: daily from 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: in the compounds of Icon Park Condominium which also hosts Kamala Resort & Spa
Situated at the end of Kamala Bay, White Orchid has been open for over a decade. This local family-run restaurant offers Thai and European food along with imported wines. Prices are affordable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 -22:30
- Location: Opposite Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa at Kamala Cove (formerly Kamala Bay Terrace)
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 892 9757
- Cuisine: Thai/European