Andaman Grill at JW Marriott Phuket
The Andaman Grill Phuket blends traditional Thai surroundings and urban chic with the vibe and gastronomy of a modern American steakhouse. Located within the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa, enjoy a sense of luxury in the Andaman Grill as you admire the dark wood furnishings and deep reds of the décor. As night time falls Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00-22:00 daily
- Location: 231 Moo 3, Mai Khao Road Phuket, Talang 83110
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 338 000 ext. 3748
Beachfront Restaurants in Mai Khao
Aside from high-end dining at the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and other venues mentioned above, the only other place to eat along Mai Khao Beach is at the bamboo-and-thatch seafood outlets located where Route 402 runs 700 metres next to the beach near Sarasin Bridge. It's home to about 10 restaurants including Jakajan Seafood (the biggest of all), Fang Keaw, Pla Pao, and Rim Haad Seafood. Though it is a Thai-style laid back place, prices are not that cheap so make sure to check before ordering as certain seafood items are sold by weight, especially the barbecue dishes, and can be expensive.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 until the last guest leaves
- Location: Northern end of Mai Khao Beach, very close to the Sarasin Bridge
- Cuisine: Thai and seafood
Black Ginger Phuket
Black Ginger Phuket is part of the wider The Slate Resort and is set on an island in the middle of a lagoon. Access to this restaurant is by boat only and will take you across the flame-lit waters to the main venue, where you can enjoy modern twists on traditional Thai dishes.
The restaurant has Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:30 – 23:00
- Location: The Slate, Nai Yang
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 7006
- Cuisine: Thai
Bill Bentley Pub
Wooden-paneled bar and interiors, booth seating with leather finishing, and wall-to-wall pub fixtures make Bill Bentley a cozy place to dine and hang out. The pub has a wide selection of draft & bottled beers and fantastic sports coverage with some good old classic tunes on the sound system. The menu caters for all pub goers, with snacks, soups & stews, burgers, sandwiches, traditional pub meals along with Thai classics. Entertainment includes an imported pool table, the islands only six-metre shuffleboard and large screens showing live sports. Breakfast is served from 08:00 to 11:00 with a full pub menu running until 23:00. Happy Hour runs daily from 16:00 – 19:00.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 –23:00
- Address: On the 2nd floor of Turtle Village 889 Moo3, Maikhao, Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 314 818
- Cuisine: Pub food and Thai
Cinnamon Restaurant & Lounge
It’s not easy to find Cinnamon, but it’s nice to know that this comfort looking restaurant and lounge is only a 10-minute walk from the Water Park and Centara West Sands Resort. Cinnamon has a lovely ambience and is a great place to just relax and chill out with cool drinks and more. It’s also a good answer to a none-hotel F&B outlet in the Mai Khao area. Try pad Thai, massaman curry with beef, deep-fried squid or morning glory with oyster sauce. If you come as a group, why not try them all? Good service and a family-friendly restaurant.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 23:00 (Closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: About a 10-minute walk from the Splash Jungle Water Park and Centara West Sands Resort & Villas, Mai Khao Beach
- Address: 53/3 M.4 Mai Khao, T.Mai Khao, A.Talang, Phuket 83110
- Tel: +66 (0)80 383 7493
- Cuisine: Thai and seafood
Ginja Taste at JW Marriott Phuket
Ginja Taste is a Thai restaurant that’s part of JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa on Phuket’s northern coast of Mai Khao. Diners can enjoy the unique ambience of dining in a traditional wooden Thai sala, but with added walls and cooling air-conditioning. The impressive teak ceiling and sturdy pillars will, however, no doubt make you Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00-22:00 daily
- Location: 231 Moo 3, Mai Khao Road Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 338000 ext. 3748
Kabuki - Japanese Cuisine Theatre
Kabuki – Japanese Cuisine Theatre is JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa’s signature Japanese restaurant located right behind the main swimming pool and the lotus pond on the ground floor of the opulent resort which hosts no less than 13 restaurants and bars.
From sushi to sashimi to teppanyaki and more, all Japanese favourites are Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 18:00 – 23:00
- Location: Kabuki – Japanese Cuisine Theatre at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
- Tel: 076 338 000
Kin Dee Restaurant
‘Kin Dee’ means ‘eat well’ in Thai and this is a fitting name for this out-of-the-way restaurant up by Phuket’s Sarasin Bridge. Serving genuine Thai food in a beautiful setting, Kin Dee is a family-run restaurant with an ex five-star chef and her sisters at the helm. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 22:00
- Tel: 082 8148482/ 080 3923073
- How to get there: Head to Phuket’s most northern point – the Sarasin Bridge – then take a U-turn just before the Police Checkpoint. Then turn left down the next lane past after the green supermarket. Kin Dee is 150 metres on the right-hand side of the road. If you spend 500 baht or more Kin Dee will take you back to your hotel for free if it is local.
La Cucina at JW Marriott
This is an award-winning Italian restaurant with a definite slant on down-home, genuine countryside cuisine. Both the menu and the wine list are extensive and service is five-star standard. Mostly indoor, air-conditioned dining, it has a small al fresco dining section. Don't expect bargain-basement prices.
Micky Monkey Beach
Micky Monkey Beach is a cool establishment located right on Mai Khao beachfront, on the northwest coast of Phuket. Settled in a large park partially wooden, it hosts a dozen of rustic yet comfortable bungalows, a sushi bar, and a bamboo and thatch restaurant artistically decorated.
The restaurant sits in an open-sided one-storey building offering views Read More...
- Opening Hours: The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: just south of the Renaissance Phuket Resort on Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)81 331 8666, +66 (0)92 532 9004
Pesto at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort is the place to visit when you want something different from or more than just Thai food. Their kitchen serves traditional Italian cuisine and international favourites as well as Thai. Pesto is definitely one of the most charming beachfront venues in Mai Khao. They also have Read More...
Sala Phuket Restaurant
A perfect place to dine with superb food, great views and charming service, Sala Phuket Restaurant is located inside the award-winning Sala Phuket Resort and Spa. The menu features fresh seafood, international cuisine and Thai favourites. Located beachfront adjacent to the swimming pools, diners have the option to eat in an air-conditioned room as well Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 – 24:00
- Location: Beachfront at Sala Phuket Resort and Spa
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 338 888
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and international
Seaside Cottages & Restaurant
Open only from the month of November until May, Seaside Cottages & Restaurant is run by a local family and located in a remote area on the beachfront of Mai Khao far away from nightlife and girlie bars. The restaurant is very basic but offers fresh and tasty Thai food as well as seafood, all prepared by the owners. There is nothing fancy about this restaurant but it keeps getting many repeat customers year after year probably because of the charming hosts and its unbeatable location. Prices are reasonable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 – 21:00 from November till May
- Location: On Mai Khao Beach about 30 minutes walk south from JW Marriott Phuket Resort
- Address: 129/1 Moo 3 Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110
- Tel: +66 (0)80 522 8392
- Cuisine: Thai and Seafood
- How to get there: Reasonable
Located inside Anantara Phuket Villas, Mai Khao Beach, ea.Fire.Salt is an interesting restaurant, majoring in seafood cuisine. With great views and a perfect ambience as well as professional service, it’s the kind of place you dress up and look good for a lovely lunch or dinner. Recommended dishes include seafood chowder and Asian tasting plate which Read More...
- Opening Hours: For lunch and dinner
- Location: Anantara Phuket Villas, Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 336 100
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai and Asian
Siam Deli at JW Marriott
Siam Deli is a relaxed café-style dining location with an extensive menu of made-to-order gourmet sandwiches, salads, cakes, pastries, ice cream, desserts and delicious specialty coffees and beverages. A range of aromatic breads are freshly baked each day and there's a blackboard announcing the time for the next batch to be out of the oven. Located on the ground floor of JW Marriott and open daily from 06:00 – 22:00, customers can enjoy their meals both indoors and outdoors. There is also a take-away service.
Good old Swensens is on the ground floor of Turtle Village and operates daily from 10:00 until 22:00. Somehow just its familiar sign alone can bring a smile to people’s face, especially on a bright sunny day in Phuket.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Ground floor, Turtle Village 889 Moo3, Maikhao, Phuket
- Cuisine: Ice creams, shakes and sundaes
Takieng Thai Restaurant
At Takieng you will get to enjoy a variety of Thai cuisine in a beautiful lounge environment. Among their popular dishes are hor mok talay (fish cake with curry), pad Thai with shrimp and pla sam rod (crispy whole grouper fish with three local flavours, sweet, sour and spicy). The last is a must!
The Coffee Club
Opened in February 2009, the Coffee Club is becoming well known for its delicious food at very reasonable prices (there's no service charge). The menu offers a big breakfast, noodles, pastas, salads, soups and Thai dishes such as phad Thai. Try their desserts that include caramel cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake and carrot cake. The wine list features Stonehaven Shiraz, Monkey Bay Sauvigon Blanc and Nottage Hill Carbernet. Service is excellent.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 – 22:00
- Location: On the ground floor of Turtle Village, a few steps from Anantara Resort
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 314 805
- Cuisine: International and Thai