Being the main centre of tourist activity in Phuket, it's no surprise that Patong has the highest concentration of restaurants to be found on the island. Patong is a cosmopolitan place, attracting visitors from all over the world and the cuisine on offer here reflects this in its diversity.
If you're feeling adventurous there's bound to be something you've never heard of and if you're missing the pleasures of home you're sure to discover a restaurant with some down-home comfort food. Patong dining establishments run the gamut from hand-wheeled carts selling kebabs and sticky rice all the way to world-class fine dining, with celebrity chefs and award-winning wine lists.
There are Thai food courts, where you can join the locals for a delicious and incredibly inexpensive meal, mid-range restaurants with solid and budget-friendly European food and trendy places with nouvelle cuisine and arty décor where the Beautiful People come to see and be seen.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
All Restaurants in Patong Beach
9th Floor Restaurant & Bar
If you happen to be from the Mediterranean and have a Thai friend and another colleague from the Alps there’s only one place on the island that will happily serve all three of you your local dishes, and that’s 9th Floor Restaurant and Bar in Patong’s Sky Inn Condotel. Yes, 9th Floor dishes up Alpine, Thai Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 16:00 – late
- Location: 47 Rat-U-Thit Road, Sky Inn Condotel, Patong
- Tel: 076 344 311 (after 4pm)
Acqua Restaurant is certainly one of the most notable fine-dining venues in Kalim Beach, just north of Patong Beach from which it is separated by a rocky cape. Acqua is a modern Italian restaurant that is the labour of love of Sardinian-born chef, Alessandro Frau.
With clean lines, a futuristic design and great views out over the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 23:00
- Address: 322/5 Prabaramee Road Kalim Beach.
- Tel: 076 618 127
Al Basha Restaurant
Found at Malin Plaza at the southern end of Patong, Al Basha Restaurant is a very open restaurant, taking full advantage of the cool breeze and busy surroundings to create a sociable atmosphere. Their selection shisha flavours are particularly innovative while their selections of fresh Thai seafood and Lebanese cuisine is very tasty and reasonably priced. There are a number of branches carrying the Al Basha name throughout Patong and the rest of Phuket, but the Malin Plaza outlet is widely regarded as the best.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 04:00
- Location: Malin Plaza, Prachanukhro Road, Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)83 551 1865
- Cuisine: Halal
Anwa Lookchin Pla
Anwa Lookchin Pla has a bright and colourful style, both in its décor and its dishes. The modern-style halal restaurant specialises in freshly-made fish balls in noodle soup, with the hot & sour or hot and spicy soups being particularly popular. With generous portions, a lot of the dishes are better shared than attempted individually. Other dishes on offer include chicken, fish and beef steaks and Singapore-style chicken rice, all of which are available at very good prices.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 05:00
- Location: 128 Prabaramee Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 668 9459
- Cuisine: Halal
Aroonsom Patong Food Park
Open until late, Aroonsom Food Park is one of the most popular open-air dining setups in Patong. Most stands start readying themselves at about 15:00 and are serving food as early as 16:30. The food park offers various choices of Thai, Asian, and international cuisine plus seafood. This is a far cry from luxury dining (think plastic chairs and not-so-solid tables) but the food is usually very good and quite reasonably priced.
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, opposite Siam Commercial Bank
B-Hive Gallery Bar & Restaurant
B-Hive Gallery Bar & Restaurant is a trendy and original venue facing the sea on the ground of the stylish B-Lay Tong Phuket MGallery Collection in Patong Beach. B-Hive is a multi-faceted place, comprised of an art gallery, cocktail lounge, beach club (B-Hive’s outdoor terrace is only 20m from the beach, on the other side of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 00:00 (last order at 23:00)
- Location: at B-Lay Tong Phuket MGallery Collection towards the northern end of Patong Beach Road
- Tel: 076 344 999
Baan Kalim at the north end of Patong is located just before the famous Baan Rim Pa Restaurant. It features seafood, Thai and international dishes. Recommended items on the menu include the Thai appetizer platter (a combination of spring rolls , goong sarong (large shrimp wrapped in fried noodles) ,toong tong (delicious mincemeat wrap in wanton wrappers) and chicken satay), broiled tiger prawns with cognac and garlic sauce served with fresh cream and stir-fried crab with curry powder.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00–24:00
- Location: Right on the beach facing the police booth at the T-junction at Prabaramee Road and the Beach Road, north of Patong
- Tel: +66 (0) 88 – 1806 936
Baan Rim Pa Restaurant
Happily enough, Phuket has its share of fine-dining restaurants. Quality is not an issue here if you’re willing to pay for it. But for a special night out, a real dining experience there’s pretty much only one restaurant that covers all the bases and that’s Baan Rim Pa.
Top décor, location, staff, chef, atmosphere, entertainment and of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 24:00
- Address: 223, Prabaramee Road, Patong (Kalim)
- Tel: 076 340 789
Baan Yin Dee's Restaurant
With a view to die for, in a location that only the privileged could dream about, and an execution of service that rivals the best, Baan Yin Dee, a 21-room boutique hotel with a tastefully fitted-out restaurant, fits into a welcome slot in the island’s culinary kaleidoscope. Read More...
- Location: Baan Yin Dee Resort
- Address: 7/5 Muean Ngern Rd. Patong.
- Tel: 076 294 104
Indian food is extremely popular all around the world but like with any speciality cooking there are those who succeed and those who don't quite make the grade. One successful Indian restaurant is Baluchi in Patong.
No longer a bright-eyed newcomer to Phuket, Baluchi has matured and grown into an established, well-respected restaurant known for its Read More...
- Location: Baluchi Restaurant at Horizon Beach Resort
- Address: 64/39 Soi Kepsap, between Beach Road and Rat U Thit Road, Patong.
- Tel: 076 292 526
Banzaan Market Food Court
The big upstairs food court features a comfortable and clean dining space with quick service. The menu consists mainly of Thai food, so don’t expect KFC or fast food of any kind but lunch here will probably cost you less than 100 baht. Also, there are many small kiosks selling clothes, shoes, children’s toys, gifts, artificial Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 17:00
- Location: On Sai Kor Road, right behind the Jungceylon megamall in Patong
The Beach Seafood & Restaurant
A good part of the Patong Beach Road runs adjacent to parking places and pavement. But at the junction of Bangla Road the beachfront restaurants and hotels begin and stretch on until Loma Park.
It takes a brave entrepreneur to operate a restaurant on this extremely competitive patch. One such restaurant is The Beach – one Read More...
- Location: 49 Soi Loma – Patong Beach.
- Tel: 081 537 3795
Big Chicken Restaurant
Krua Tungtong, a popular restaurant in Kathu, is better known by its nickname ‘The Big Chicken.’ It’s easy to understand why, once you spot the enormous statue of a rooster in front of the venue by the side of the road in Kathu between Phuket Town and Patong. It’s inviting people to come in and try Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 21:30
- Location: In front of Anuphas Manorom Estate on Wichit Songkram Road, Kathu. It’s right opposite the Phuket Country Club golf course and not far from the Prince of Songkla University, Phuket Campus (PSU) and the Bang Wad Reservoir. If coming from Phuket and heading to Patong, the Big Chicken is on your right-hand side.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 321546 or +66 (0) 76 319263
- Cuisine: Thai, Issan style food, seafood and some Vietnamese items
Briley Restaurant (Khao Man Kai)
You can find kao man kai (boiled chicken and rice) everywhere in Patong especially on the side street restaurants but Briley probably serves the best in town. Kao man kai is a one-plate meal consisting of chicken-flavoured rice with boiled chicken. The ingredients used in kao man kai include ginger, garlic, bean sauce, vinegar and chili (optional) which results in a very tasty and incredibly cheap lunch – Thailand's answer to fish and chips.
- Opening Hours: late in the morning and closes about 14:00 or when the food runs out.
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, next to the Friendly Dental Clinic opposite Siam Commercial Bank.
Cairo Restaurant is a place where people not only go for Halal food but for a smoke on a waterpipe. Cairo has an amazing 12 different flavors to choose from such as grape and apple – all imported from Egypt. Here's where to chill in a nice ambience with Arabic music in the background – in fact all it really misses is a belly dancer. The menu features Thai, Arabic and Indian dishes as well as mint tea and Arabic coffee to accompany your hookah experience.
- Opening Hours: from noon to 02:00 daily
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, near Holiday Inn Phuket Resort's Busakorn Wing
- Tel: 086- 9466143
Casablanca Indian Restaurant
Casablanca Indian and Arabian restaurant in the Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa serves up certified Halal food and meets the standards set by the Halal Standard Institute of Thailand and it does so with panache. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Every day 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Casablanca at The Royal Paradise Hotel
- Address: 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong
- Tel: 076 340 666
Cefalu Restaurant is a nice and unpretentious Italian restaurant located Soi Banzaan – the lane linking Sai Kor and Nanai roads right behind Jungceylon Shopping Mall – in the centre of Patong Beach. Managed by Duilio Lazzara, a long-established (since 1989) Sicilian restaurateur who has been running restaurants in Pattaya and Bangkok before moving to Phuket Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:30 – 23:30
- Location: in the central part of Soi Banzaan
- Tel: +66 (0)92 251 7849
Charm Thai Restaurant at Holiday Inn Phuket
Charm Thai is the signature restaurant of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in Patong Beach. This stylish venue is designed with some delicate contemporary Thai touches and set right next to the impressive swimming pool of the resort’s Busakorn Wing on Rat-U-Thit Road, the busy central strip of Phuket’s most famous resort town.
As for the food, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:30 – 22:30
- Location: in the Busakorn Wing of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in Patong Beach
- Remarks: Free Wi-Fi
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 370 200
Chez Bernard Phuket
Chez Bernard Phuket – sometimes known as “Restaurant No. 6” – is a modest restaurant serving Thai cuisine with a French twist right on Patong Beach. With a beachy driftwood décor and casual outdoor seating overlooking the ocean, the restaurant offers an ideal setting for enjoying the laid-back lifestyle of Phuket. It’s one of the few Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 23:00
- Location: 49 Thaveewoong Road, Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)81 677 0711
Meat is King in South America. Almost every country near the Cordillera claims to have the best chicken, beef and pork and they all do excellent versions of their own speciality but arguably Argentina delivers the most succulent asados (so they should – it’s their national dish) and steaks. The old legend of the gauchos riding Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – late
- Location: Eastern side of Jungceylon (Sino Phuket Alley)
- Remarks: Churrasco is the sister restaurant of Rodizio – another gathering place of carnivores and just as international. Meat lovers take note.
- Tel: 076-366 723
Climax Restaurant is an unpretentious yet stylish venue located on the fifth floor of Absolute Bangla Suites at the end of Soi Rico, off Bangla Road in Patong Beach. Climax is the only rooftop poolside restaurant in Patong and its central location, right above the heart of Phuket’s nightlife, makes it the perfect place to start Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 24:00
- Location: Fifth floor of Absolute Bangla Suites, Soi Rico, Bangla Road, Patong Beach
- Remarks: Private parties can be organized. Barbecue nights every Thursdays and Sundays. Occasional parties with live music or DJs. Reservations recommended.
- Tel: +66 (0)81 9796262
Concaved is another good-looking restaurant on the beach. It serves mainly French cuisine, Thai and fresh seafood. Prices can be expensive for some items. Located opposite of Savoey Seafood, Concaved is also part of the Safari Beach Hotel.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 24:00
- Location: On the beach, at Safari Beach Hotel, across the road from Savoey Seafood Restaurant.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 171
Coyote Phuket & Chicago Steak House
Coyote Phuket Mexican Restaurant and Chicago Steak House are two sister restaurants located in the same building on Thaweewong Road – the beach road in Patong Beach. After arriving on the second floor, customers are asked “Mexican or steak?” by the waitress as they enter Coyote and then have to walk through it to reach Chicago Read More...
- Opening Hours: daily from 17:00 – 01:00
- Location: on Patong Beach Road, above Starbucks Café and Watson’s Pharmacy
- Tel: +66 (0)76 344 330
The Crab House
There's not much tastier than freshly caught crab, and the enormous mud crabs on offer at the Crab House give diners a cultural and culinary event all in one place. With four different types of mud crab sourced from a secret location, the restaurant offers a full crab-eating experience, with homemade sauces and all of the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 23:30
- Location: 169/83 Phangmeung Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 668 7065
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/TheCrabHouse
Da Maurizio Restaurant
There are very few restaurants that emit romance, mode and sophistication in the same breath, yet at the same time deliver world-class cuisine. Naturally, one tends to think in clichés in this select department: New York, Paris, London, even Buenos Aires and Tokyo – and one certainly envisages a severely damaged wallet after dining out at one Read More...
- Address: 223/2 Prabaramee Road Patong
- Tel: 076 344 079
The Drunken Leprechaun Phuket
The Drunken Leprechaun Phuket serves a good taste of the Emerald Isle in a quirky and novel setting, making it a great complement to the Hooters and Hard Rock restaurants just along the road in Patong Beach. It boasts a great range of stouts and western pub grub, making it one of the most Irish of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: 48 Ruamjai Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 7000
ELLA Bar & Bistro
ELLA Bar & Bistro is the signature restaurant of the well thought out and trendy Ella Bed Hotel, admirably located in Soi Post-Office (Soi Praisanee) 50m from the beach of Patong. Established in December 2012 and designed in an industrial minimalist concept, the restaurant occupies the first floor of the hotel’s four-storey building.
Regarding the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 00:00
- Location: Soi Praisanee (post office) off Patong Beach Road
- Remarks: Free Wi-Fi connection available
- Tel: 076 344 253
Long-established Grillhuette restaurant offers plenty of delicious German and Austrian food; pork sausage with fried potatoes and sauerkraut, beef roulade, sauerbraten, pork knuckles and escallops, Vienna style. Prices are reasonable. A clean place with a friendly atmosphere in quiet surroundings.
- Location: Soi Foodland, look for the opticians called ‘Eye Lab’ at the entrance of the soi
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 456
Higher Restaurant & Lounge
A trendy, industrial-style venue on the highest floor of the famous Seduction Night Club in Patong's Bangla Road, it is the home of one of the island's most renowned chefs, Ronnie Macuja. It is also home to an extensive bar and international DJs playing after 22:00, making it a great place to ease yourself into a Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 - late
- Location: on the rooftop of Seduction Disco in Bangla Road
- Tel: +66 (0)93 581 8162
- Cuisine: Contemporary International
Home Kitchen, Bar & Bed
Home Kitchen, Bar & Bed is the new project of the multi-talented and hyper-creative Chef Daniel Isberg, whom after temporarily closing his Gastro Bar (it is going to reopen soon as a Mexican restaurant) opened this new restaurant, lounge bar and boutique hotel in the former Brush Restaurant at Kalim Beach, at the northern part of Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 17:00 - late (kitchen opens 18:00 - 23:00)
- Location: at Kalim Beach, opposite the street food court
- Remarks: Reservation recommended (mandatory for 'Chef Dinner')
- Tel: 093 764 6753
Hooters Phuket is the first establishment of this internationally recognised North American restaurant chain to settle in Thailand. Opened in 2014, this fashionable sports bar and restaurant is located right next to Hard Rock Café Phuket, on the ground of DusitD2 Phuket Resort in Patong Beach. Set facing Rat-U-Thit Road at the corner of the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: in dusitD2 Phuket Resort building at the corner of Rat-U-Thit and Ruamjai roads in Patong Beach
- Tel: 076 349 850
IndoChine is a fitting name for a company with branches in Phuket, Singapore and Jakarta (oh, and Hamburg, too).
IndoChine restaurant in Kalim, just north of Patong, is a very swank looking affair with ultramodern lines and design, a groovy musical backdrop and impressive views out over Patong all the way to Emerald Beach on the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00
- Location: 328/81 Prabaramee Road, Kalim Beach.
- Tel: +66 (0) 076 380 860, +66 (0) 81 895 1375
The Irish Times Pub
It’s a miracle what just a few seconds can do in your life: One minute you’re wandering along in a Patong shopping mall gazing at bikinis, tourist souvenirs and ornamental shells, the next thing you know you’re in what looks for all the world like a Dublin pub with Irish music tinkling and scraping in the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 24:00
- Location: Jungceylon in Patong
Joe’s Downstairs is one of Phuket’s most prominent restaurants. Enjoying a stunning location on the granite cape that separates Patong from Kalim beach, it overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers a splendid sundowner spot, perfect for sipping a skilfully mixed cocktail in good company.
Joe’s Downstairs kitchen is run by the talented American-born Chef Aaron Hooper, Read More...
- Address: 223/3 Prabaramee Rd. T. Patong A. Kathu Phuket 83150.
- Tel: 076 344 254
Joy’s Café is a popular restaurant with expats and tourists alike. It features a wide range of homemade food from Thai dishes to steaks, pizzas and pastas. Open daily from 07:00 to 02:00. Prices are reasonable.
- Location: Right across from the Club Andaman Resort main gates
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 344 770
Jungceylon is a wonderful destination for both shopping and dining enthusiasts. Around the areas known as the Port Square, Silang Boulevard and Sino Phuket Zone you’ll find rows of restaurants, bars and coffee shops serving Thai, European, Korean, Japanese and Chinese cuisine. Like a large courtyard, the Sino Phuket Zone is an ‘open-air’ set up (it’s Read More...
Kaab Gluay Restaurant
I bet you’re wondering what Kaab Gluay means. Well, it means “banana trunk”. And if you’re further into entomology, the word Patong, (where the restaurant itself is located) means “banana grove.” So now you know. Still, Kaab Gluay is a restaurant that has more to do with seafood than bananas.
At first, the eatery gives the Read More...
- Location: 58/3 Phrabarami Rd. Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 562
Kantok Restaurant is the Thai food dining option at the Burasari Phuket resort towards the southern end of Patong Beach. As with most hotel restaurants, it is open to guests who are not staying at the hotel and, with its focus on real Thai-style homemade cooking, it is among the more recommendable Thai restaurants in town. The Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:30 – 10:30, 11:30 - 2230
- Location: Burasari Phuket, 18/110 Ruamjai Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 629 2929
- Cuisine: Thai
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/kantokrestaurantatburasari
Since decades, this very popular swedish restaurants among residents cooks up probably the best imported steaks on the island for very affordable price. Sirloins and T-Bones cooked to perfection, but also a very large choice of dishes, pizzas, and pasta. Friendly staff. Parking is available in the back, which is a plus in this busy area.
- Location: Off Patong Beach Road, at the end of Soi Patong Tower
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 345035
- Website: http://www.karlssons-phuket.com
The Kee Sky Lounge
The Kee Sky Lounge is a unique rooftop restaurant overlooking Patong Beach with 360-degree views. Located off the Beach Road, this restaurant is part of the Kee Resort & Spa; a hotel opened in 2012 between the famous Bangla Road’s Soi Sea Dragon and Patong Beach Road. A surprising fact is that even though The Kee Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:30 – 24:00
- Location: The Kee Resort and Spa
- Remarks: daily happy hours from 17:30 – 19:00 and 22:30 – 23:30. The ‘Plug & Play’ live band plays every day except Sundays from 19:15 – 23:00
- Tel: 076-335888
La Gritta Italian Restaurant
La Gritta is without doubt one of the most romantic restaurants in Phuket. Located in the compound of Amari Phuket at the southern end of Patong Bay, this fine-dining venue – as well as the whole resort - went through a complete refurbishment in 2013 before reopening in 2014. The new La Gritta Italian Restaurant features Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 – midnight
- Location: in Amari Phuket Resort at the southern end of Patong Beach
- Remarks: Pizzas and snacks are available for lunch. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
- Tel: 076 292 697
Lai Mai Restaurant
Lai Mai Restaurant is quite popular among tourists as they have good Thai/western/seafood and good entertainment at night. Live (pop) music runs from 20:00 – 01:00 with a few short breaks in between. Prices are affordable.
- Location: Baan Lamai, near Soi Watana
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 292 950
Le Charolais Steakhouse
Opened since 2004, Le Charolais Steakhouse is located in Sai Rougn residence on the hills above Patong, and offers European and Thai cuisine, specializing in Charolais beef. Every night Bourguignon fondue at will (All you can eat). A la carte, Charolais steak, Bavette, Onglet, Rib eyes, steak tartare in a nice environment.
- Opening Hours: Restaurant open from 11:00 to 14:00 and 18:00 to 23:00. Bar from 7:30 to midnight
- Location: Sai Rougn residence
- Address: 17, Phetchakut Rd Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150
- Tel: +66 (0)84 844 2458
There’s a very thin and precarious line running between tasteful décor and outright kitsch. The Versace flirts with this line outrageously and manages – against all the odds – to come out on top. Gourmet connoisseurs will be happy to know that this restaurant is run by two members of the international Chaîne des Rôtisseurs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late. Closed Tuesdays
- Location: 206/56 Prabaramee Road, Patong
- Tel: 076 290 492
A few years ago on the island there was a small and select band of restaurants that hardly advertised and yet each was famous amongst the smart-dining set and well-informed visitors. One restaurant that figured prominently on this elite list is Lim's in Kalim and it's not hard to see why it has this distinction.
The Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily - 18:30 – 23:00 - From beginning of May to end of October, closed on Sundays.
- Remarks: Reservations recommended.
- Address: 28 Phrabaramee Road, Soi 7, Kalim Beach, Phuket, 83150
- Tel: 076 344 834
Malin Plaza Patong
The highlight of the market is the impressive array of food stands in front of the roofed area. These serve up anything from Thai street food classics to fried chicken and chips, crepes, fresh ice cream, sushi, 90-baht cocktails and fresh fruit. There are some stalls which specialise in halal food, which is also available at Read More...
- Opening Hours: 14:00 - 24:00
- Location: Prachanukhro Road, South Patong Beach
Molly Malone’s Irish Pub
Opened in 1999, Molly Malone’s Irish Pub is one of the longest established pubs in Phuket. Under Irish management (which also runs Coyotes Bar and Chicago Steakhouse in Patong) this classy and affordable establishment offers punters a wide range of entertainment options as well as quality pub grub and drinks in classic and stylish Gaelic décor Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 02:00
- Location: Patong Beach Road, next to McDonald’s
- Tel: + 66 (0)76 292 771
Nicky’s Handlebar is a unique place in Phuket: a restaurant-bar-hotel-garage entirely dedicated to big motorbikes. This is the creation of Somnuek ‘Nicky’ Phonkaew. Located on Rat-U-Thit Road in Patong Beach, Nicky’s Handlebar looks like a large orange and metallic grey hangar. To the right side of the entrance is a large corridor-like path leading to the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 01:00
- Location: at the northern part of Rat-U-Thit Road next to Patong Post Office
- Remarks: Free Wi-Fi
- Tel: 076-343211-3
No. 6 Restaurant Up The Hill in Patong
The No. 6 Restaurant up the hill in Patong is not to be confused with No. 6 Restaurant near Bangla Road. They are actually the same franchise, but while the original No. 6 Restaurant is known for its long lines and cramped seating, the branch up on the hill offers the same delicious dishes but in Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 00:00
- Location: 32 Soi Phrabarami 3, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 922 4084
- Cuisine: Thai
A simple, no-fuss eatery a short walk from the beach, No. 9 has an impressive menu of inexpensive Thai and international cuisine, making it as popular with tourists as it is with locals – so much so that it can be a challenge to find a seat after 18:00! The staff are friendly and welcoming, serving up such delights as Penang curry and Tom Kha Gai, along with great examples of all the top tourist favourites and an impressive choice of seafood. A second No. 9 has opened further up the road, close to the entrance of Rat-U-Thit Road, and is under the same management, with the same great food.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 22:00
- Location: 209 Prabaramee Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1575
- Cuisine: Thai, International
Number One Seafood
Number One Seafood in Patong is actually a collection of seafood stalls and restaurants rather than one single establishment. Somewhat resembling a food court, it features numbered restaurants serving super-fresh Thai seafood, counting from the eponymous “Number One Seafood” up to “Number 9 Thai Food”, with Chiangrai Seafood acting as an unofficial ‘Number 10’. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 04:00
- Location: Soi Vegas, off Bangla Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 4338
- Cuisine: Thai seafood
No. 6 on Patong Hillside
There are two restaurants going by the name "No. 6" in Patong, and it is very important to make sure that you have the right one. While the one on Rat-U-Thit Road in the middle of the city is extremely popular, it is not in the same class as the one up on the hillside, with a great view across the whole of Patong Bay. Although owned and operated by the same people, the former has become heavily westernised, meaning that the flavoursome Thai dishes have been watered down for tourist tastes. Fortunately, there is a free shuttle service between the two restaurants. No. 6 Restaurant (sometimes called "The Real No. 6 Restaurant") has both indoor and outdoor dining, with beautiful views and even more beautiful Thai cuisine at remarkably low prices. Popular with locals, it has a great atmopshere and is busy most evenings, in spite of its more remote location.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 23:00
- Location: 69 Soi Prabaramee 3, on the hill overlooking Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 922 4084
- Cuisine: Thai
Pan Yaah Restaurant
For one of the best restaurant views of Patong Bay and the town itself a good choice would be Pan Yaah, in Kalim about one kilometre north of Patong along the scenic beach road heading up to Kamala Beach. Established for many years, Pan Yaah has recently upped its act in terms of service, cuisine and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: 249 Prabaramee Road (Beach Road) Kalim
- Tel: 076 290 450
Paradise Beach Club
Paradise Beach Club Phuket is a large, well-developed party spot located in an isolated bay a short distance from Patong Beach. Featuring shops, restaurants, activities and fantastic Koh Phangan-style beach parties, it has an air of exclusivity without being prohibitively expensive.
The majority of the Paradise Beach Club complex is on a pristine 150-metre white-sand beach, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – late
- Location: At the end of the headland south of Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 660 9609
Patong Beachfront Food Court
Patong Beachfront Food Court is not strictly a food court as such but rather a collection of stand-alone restaurants sharing the same block on Beach Road in Patong just north of Bangla Road.
Serving up mostly seafood, the dishes here are spanking fresh and even though they are pitched at decidedly tourist prices they are nevertheless Read More...
- Opening Hours: From 09:30 – 22:30 daily
- Location: On the beach side at the intersection of Sawatdirak Road and Beach Road (Loma Park)
Established in 1979, this is probably the most well-known seafood joint in town. They do seafood Patong style by displaying their wares out on ice at the front of the restaurant. It can be expensive for some items, depending on size and weight.
- Location: Near the corner of Soi Bangla on the Beach Road
Patong Seafood Court
Patong Seafood Court embodies all that is good about Patong’s culinary scene. Dining out in Patong is a diverse experience and almost every cultural cuisine is represented, from Ireland to Iran, from America to Austria, from Thailand to Taiwan and from Sweden to Switzerland – it’s all here. But what sets Patong Seafood Court apart is Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 23:00 daily
- Location: Opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel
The Port’s outdoor patio is a place to enjoy live music (pop/soft rock and hits) nightly by two bands. It is very popular with tourists and has a mixed Asian and Western crowd. Booking recommended during high season.
- Location: Near Starbucks, in front of Banthai Beach Resort.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340850-4
Pum's Cooking School & Restaurant
Near the giant Jungceylon shopping complex on Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong, Pum’s Cooking School is in a bright orange-coloured shop-house, and also operates as a bar and restaurant. It has an open space on one side which is used as a dining area and a small open bar at one end.
The kitchen is big and open, Read More...
- Location: On Rat-U-Thit Road, between Jungceylon and Christine Massage
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 346 269
Restaurant Bistro & Bar @ BYD Lofts Phuket
Generally speaking, there are three types of newly-opened restaurants in Phuket. The first type is timid in nature; it watches its budget closely and is a touch-and-go affair. The second is brash, boastful and promises the earth and also charges too much, once the dust from the opening party is settled.
The third is a well-thought Read More...
- Location: Restaurant Bistro & Bar at BYD Lofts
- Remarks: Reservations recommended.
- Address: 5/28 Haad Patong Road, Patong.
- Tel: 076 343 024
Rico’s Steakhouse & Pizzeria
If you are hungry for delicious steaks, pizza, Scandinavian and Thai food, this is the place to go. Reservations are recommended.
- Opening Hours: 16:00-24:00
- Location: Soi Rico, off Bangla Road, look for the large yellow sign
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 342 359
Roadside Food Vendors
The ubiquitous and basic setup of simple plastic chairs and tables with a constantly changing view of passers by is a popular choice for many visitors. The vendors start their operation in the late morning and prepare food sometimes until the early hours, others only open late afternoon onwards but you'll always find a place to eat roadside if you look around. Although there are many roadside food vendors in Patong the dishes served are pretty similar, including the well-known spicy papaya salad (som tam) and grilled chicken plus many more Thai/seafood BBQ dishes as well as noodles. Roadside food vendors present a perfect opportunity to try out Thai cuisine at very little cost.
- Location: Along the sidewalks to the north of, and opposite Loma Park
The Royal Kitchen
Seen from offshore, Patong has a highly distinctive skyline. The two tallest buildings dominating this skyline are the Patong condominium and the Royal Paradise Hotel.
The Royal Kitchen, a Chinese restaurant at the top of the Royal Paradise hotel, has a much sought-after 180-degree view out over Patong and the Andaman and looking down from this lofty Read More...
- Opening Hours: Every day from 12:00-14:00 and 18:00-23:00
- Location: in Royal Paradise Hotel
- Address: 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road Patong.
- Tel: 076 340 666
Royale Nam Tok
Dining at Royale Nam Tok (RNT) in Kathu is one of Phuket’s most singular experiences. This is because during the day the restaurant is the owners’ house. It flips into its role as a fine-dining experience at precisely 17:00 every day except Sundays.
The owners in question are Corry Ringoet and Marc De Schriyver, a Belgium Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17.00 - 23.00
- Location: Soi Nam Tok, Kathu (take the well-signed road towards the Kathu Waterfall)
- Tel: +66 (0)872637327
- Cuisine: French, Asian Fusion
- Price Range: Pricey
Saint Tropez Beach Club
Saint Tropez Beach Club is a chic bar set atop a four-storey restaurant and bar owned by Singapore’s innovative IndoChine Group. The ‘beach’ environment is invoked by palm trees dotted around the perimeter and numerous white rattan loungers, tables and chairs. A panoramic, elevated view across Patong Bay gives it an edge over its competitors. IndoChine’s fusion food features Vietnamese, Cambodia and Laos influences and the ‘beach’ becomes a funky nightclub past sunset with DJs and flashing lights.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 16:00 - midnight
- Location: Fourth floor, IndoChine Building, north end of Kalim Beach, opposite Pan Yaah Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 388 860
Sala Bua Restaurant
Sala Bua roughly translates as ‘Lotus Pavillion’ in English and indeed, the flower is the leitmotif running through Impiana Cabana Resort in Patong, home of Sala Bua. You’ll find lotuses placed discretely in the lobby, rooms and restaurants at the resort.
Subtley lit, this is a fine-dining location very popular with those looking for an atmospheric Read More...
- Address: Impiana Resort Patong, 41 Taweewongse Road, Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 138
Salvatore's Restaurant Patong
Salvatore's Patong should not be mistaken for Salvatore's in Phuket Town. Even though the Phuket Town chef and entrepreneur Salvatore started this restaurant he has since concentrated on his namesake restaurant in Phuket itself.
Nevertheless, you'll still find cuisine featuring lots of meat, wonderfully rich combinations of vegetables and olive oil and great wines at Salvatore's Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 14:30, 18:30 – 23:00
- Location: 4/3 Siuriraj Road, Patong Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 341 676
Sam's Steaks & Grill at Holiday Inn Phuket
Sam’s Steak & Grill is one of the most reliable restaurants for those looking for unpretentious yet quality dining in Patong. Located in Patong’s Holiday Inn, this opulent restaurant delivers the goods in style: classy décor, refined ambience, delicious cuisine and impeccable service; you can't go wrong at Sam's Steak & Grill.
Basically, Sam’s is divided Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00 last orders 22:30
- Location: at Holiday Inn Phuket
- Address: 52 Thaweewong Road, Patong
- Tel: 076 340 608
There’s something intrinsically different about family run restaurants. Could it be a heightened sense of unity among staff members or a fluidity of service that a “normal” business lacks? Whatever it may be, S&G in Patong possesses this mysterious quality, perhaps without even knowing it.
Unobtrusive, easy to pass by on a busy walking street, but Read More...
- Location: Soi Post Office, off the Beach Road by MacDonald’s, Patong.
- Tel: 076 340 151
Sam Chor Restaurant
Sam Chor is commonly known by its slogan of ‘Delicious 24 Hours’ and is popular with locals for its great range of Thai cuisine, including fresh seafood and Isan favourites like Somtam and spicy preparations of duck, squid and fish. It is also a good place to try out Thai breakfasts, including stuffed omelettes or rice soup. It is popular with tourists for its genuine Thai food at good prices as well as a small collection of international favourites. Despite a grubby, weather-worn interior, the kitchen area is sparklingly clean and all the food is cooked fresh and tasty.
- Opening Hours: All day
- Location: Behind Patong Police Station, Sainamyen Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 3044
- Cuisine: Thai
Patong's Beach Road is a mad maelstrom of activity and a veritable vortex of comings and goings. For some visitors, the madness adds to their holiday and they wouldn't have it any other way but for others they can't wait to get to a quieter part of town.
Many restaurants in this area have a 'the Read More...
- Location: at Safari Beach Hotel
- Address: 136 Thaweewong Road, Patong.
- Tel: 076 341 171
Sea Hag Restaurant
A legend in its own lifetime already, Sea Hag is not only the flagship gay restaurant in Patong, but it stands on its own as a culinary landmark after countless years on the scene.
Owner Khun Kenya, has shown impeccable taste in décor and atmosphere and with this combination of good food and discernment it’s hard Read More...
- Address: 78/5 Permpong Soi III (Soi Wattana Clinic) Thaweewong Rd. Patong.
- Tel: 076 341 111
Sizzle, at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa in the hills above southern Patong, is in one of the loveliest locations possible, enjoying lofty views over two gorgeous beaches and a sunset vista at certain times of year that is almost instantly addictive. This rooftop steakhouse seats just 32 and as a result it enjoys an intimate Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 23:00
- Location: At Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa
- Tel: 076-681681
A virtually unknown side street off Bangla Road, Soi Lao is home to three small Thai restaurants which are the most popular places for the people who work on the busy nightlife hub to eat at. Offerings include a selection of seafood, numerous curries, omelettes and more. The street is sometimes called “Soi Hong Nam” (meaning Read More...
- Location: Off Bangla Road, next to Soi Patong Resort, Patong
- Cuisine: Thai
Surface Restaurant & Bar at La Flora
Surface Restaurant & Bar is a rooftop venue located at La Flora Resort right on Patong Beach. La Flora is one of the most popular hotels in Patong due to its privileged location and its open-air restaurant overlooking the bay from the third floor, offers great yet affordable dining under the stars.
It‘s best to go Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 24:00
- Location: La Flora Resort & Spa on Patong Beach Road
- Tel: 076 344 241
Another old timer restaurant in Patong, Swiss Tavern serves Swiss, European and Thai dishes. It has a personable and inviting atmosphere, even though it's located right in the centre of things in this busy beach town.
- Location: opposite Grillhutte in Soi Foodland
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 341 234
Tantawan Seafood Restaurant
Tantawan Seafood Restaurant is part of Thara Patong Resort. Open for dinner, the restaurant starts setting up about 16:00. It is a very interesting operation to observe as many types of seafood are laid out on big ice display boat-shaped 'trays' in front of the restaurant. Tantawan also has ‘take away’ cocktails/drinks in plastic cups from 16:00 onward. Most cocktails cost about 100 baht. Next to Tantawan is an Italian restaurant that is also part of the resort.
- Location: Thara Patong Resort, opposite Impiana Phuket Cabana Resort
Tantra is a nice looking and well fitted out Indian restaurant in a London pub setting; a good venue to relax and sip a few cool drinks after spending the day at the beach. Enjoy traditional and genuine tandoor dishes prepared with authentic Indian ingredients.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 24.00
- Location: Opposite Patong Municipality Food Court
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 296 016
If you enjoy dining amid the breezy hustle and bustle of beach life while watching the world go by then Terrazzo in Patong is just for you. The restaurant is lively, busy and interesting and serves up unpretentious Italian dishes; in short, it's the ideal post-beach eatery.
Pretty much every restaurant in Patong has to be Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 18:00–24:00
- Location: in Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
- Address: 52 Thaweewong Road, Patong.
- Tel: 076 340 608
Thong Dee Restaurant
Thong Dee Restaurant & Bar is a world class restaurant hidden on Soi Bangthong, a small street linking the road along Phuket Country Club and the road to Patong Beach next to Patong Go-Kart Speedway. Set in a contemporary style two-storey house in a residential area, the restaurant’s location is rather discreet and resolutely not favourable Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue-Thu from 16:00 – 22:00 and Fri-Sun from 16:00 – 23:00
- Location: on Soi Bangthong in Kathu
- Tel: 076 319 323
Tiger Inn Restaurant
Tiger Restaurant is part of Tiger Inn and is another busy place. The restaurant has an interesting exterior and interior with a jungle theme. There is a pool table on the second floor.
- Location: Between Baan Sainamyen Municipality School and Royal Paradise Hotel.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 340877
Vista Restaurant at Avista Resort Phuket
Vista Restaurant Phuket combines a diverse menu, soothing décor and great service. It is especially popular with couples. Open to non-guests as well as hotel residents, the classy Vista Restaurant is within the Avista Hideaway, MGallery by Sofitel. The chefs bring flavours from all around the globe, using important ingredients along with locally sourced items.
- Opening Hours: 06:30-10:30 (breakfast), 11:00-15:00 (lunch), 18:00-23:00 (dinner) daily
- Location: Avista Hideaway, MGallery by Sofitel, 39/9 Muen Ngern Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)76 681 681
Wassa Bar & Restaurant
Wassa Bar & Restaurant is certainly the highest sundowner spot in Phuket. Located off Hasip Pee Road (the street parallel and above Sai Nam Yen and Nanai roads), this small bar and restaurant features a wooden terrace embracing a stunning 180-degree panoramic view over Patong City and Bay. The outlet has a short menu featuring Thai Read More...
- Opening Hours: 14:00 - 22:00
- Location: Off Hasip Pee Road
- Tel: +66 (0)91 882 9322
White Box Restaurant
Restaurants that offer actual beachside dining along Phuket’s west coast belong to an exclusive and select group. After all, there are so few of them. One such establishment is White Box, on Kalim Beach.
Ever since its conception, the name White Box has been inextricably linked with chic parties, exotic cocktails, famous DJ’s and hi-so gatherings Read More...
- Location: 247/5 Prabaramee Road (Beach Road) Kalim, just north of Patong.
- Tel: (+66) 076 346 271
Wine Connection Deli & Bistro
Wine Connection is a fantastically innovative idea for Thailand. This is because this country has some of the highest wine taxes in the world with markups of up to 400% as wine falls into the ‘deluxe’ tax category (whereas, strangely enough, whiskey doesn’t).
Wine Connection sells quality wines at the lowest possible price so for those Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 12:00 breakfast 12:00 – 23:00 lunch and dinner.
- Location: Sino Zone at Jungceylon in Patong Beach.
Best hotels around this place