Surin Beach Restaurants
Where to Eat in Surin Beach
Surin Beach lies between BangTao and Kamala beaches, and is an interesting location, especially when it comes to food. There are plenty of simple and small local restaurants here and there including on the seashore itself.
Many of them are perfect for families with young children. Then there are more and more unique and trendy bars and restaurants which are slowly gaining a good reputation and will probably steal the scene eventually. No matter if you are on a budget or love to enjoy great meal in an extraordinary place, Surin Beach has the choices for you.
Restaurants in Surin Beach
Bimi Beach Club is the latest addition to Surin beach clubs’ scene on the west coast of Phuket. Its name, Bimi, stands for ‘Be Me’ (be yourself), and its motto is ‘Phuket’s only all-day party beach club for the young & beautiful’. Located towards the northern end of the beach, right before Catch Beach Club, Bimi is set in a large rectangular open-sided multi-leveled building skillfully integrated into its shady environment. The view through coconut and tropical almond trees to the west is superb; virgin beach and turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, Bimi is also an outstanding sundowner spot. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: On Surin beachfront, approximately 80m north of the central parking lot
- Tel: 076-316567
Catch was the first beach club to open in Surin Beach on Phuket west coast in 2006. Beach clubs are popular all over the world from Barcelona to Bombay but it's the Spanish who seem to have gotten beach dining down to a fine art. Directly opposite Twinpalms Phuket, Catch club is one of the most chic and trendy restaurants on the island. The cool layout and snazzy background music does a lot to help things along here but really, Catch Beach Club is already in a fantastic location, nestled into sand dunes and directly facing the sea so as lighting goes, a flame-red sun dropping into the mottled Andaman Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 01:00 (Kitchen, last orders 22:30)
- Location: On the beach front directly across the road from TwinPalms Resort.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 31 6567
- Cuisine: Thai and western
Cudos restaurant in the Surin Beach/ Cherng Talay area is remarkable. Most new restaurants in Phuket experience teething troubles either in the kitchen, marketing, location or hiring reliable staff. Still, if this is the case at Cudos, on the surface of things it'd be hard to guess that the restaurant has only been open a few months as both its service and ambience suggest a more mature establishment. Cudos is themed on Mediterranean food expertly mixed with local products and as a result the cuisine is not only delectable but healthy and wholesome. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Lunch 12.00 - 15.00
Dinner 17.00 - 22.30
- Location: Right next door to Surin Plaza
- Address: 117 Moo 3, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Talang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 386 598
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Price Range: Pricey
Nok Seafood Restaurant has maintained good food after many years of operation. This lovely dining venue is no different than most restaurants in the same neighborhood (great sea view, simple set up with indoor and outdoor seating) but has a certain je ne sais quoi. Prices are reasonable.
- Location: The first restaurant next to car park on the right-hand side
- Tel: +66 (0) 84 844 4954
- Cuisine: Thai and Seafood
Located inside the chic and trendy resort TwinPalms Phuket, it is most famous for its Sunday Brunches (think fresh seafood, oysters, roast beef and chicken, cheeses and strawberries dipped in chocolate and more.) Their bar is open daily from 16:00 – late. Prices are on the expensive side. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Buffet breakfast: 07:00 – 11:00, Dinner: 16:00 – 23:00, Sunday Brunch: 12:00 – 15:00
- Location: TwinPalms Resort
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 316 500
- Cuisine: Thai or Oriental/Western fusion
Pensione Italian Restaurant is part of Capri Beach Resort, a small accommodation facing the sea on Surin Beach. The restaurant is located on the ground floor of the building and offers really good Italian food and wine at reasonable prices. Don’t forget to try their pizzas, so tasty when they come right out of the restaurant’s wood-fired oven.
- Location: Capri Beach Resort, next door to Oriental Fine Art Shop
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 270 579
- Cuisine: Italian
Pla Beach & Restaurant
Pla Beach & Restaurant opened not long ago. It is owned and run by the successful team of K-Hotel, Patong Beach. They also use Pla as their beach club too (think private swimming platform, fresh towels, clean toilets and internet access). With day beds and sun chairs, it is a great place to sit and enjoy sunset and to soak up the atmosphere. It is also a wise idea to reserve a dinner table in advance; those hot seats can go very quick.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Turn left at Surin Car Park, Pla is at the southern end of the beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 325572
Laem Singh Beach features seven restaurants in high season and three in the low season but Da Ali is the capo di tutti capi of these beachside affairs. You can tell from the name that there is a strong Italian influence on this beach and indeed several beach workers speak the language, as well as pretty good English.
Before going to visit Da Ali you will have to ask yourself if you can handle a mini workout as to get down to the beach from the Kamala-to-Surin road you will be faced with a steep descent and a heart-pounding, muscle-straining climb up afterwards. Read More...
- Location: Laem Singh Beach, on the road between Kamala and Surin beaches.
Salt on Surin is the latest addition to Surin’s beach club scene. Managed by Claire Cookson, who also runs Pepper’s Sports Bar & Restaurant at nearby Cherng Talay’s Tinlay Place (Salt & Pepper… geddit?), Salt on Surin adds a feeling of cool professionalism to the busy beach. A perfect sundowner spot, the wooden-decked terrace overlooks the beach under the shadow of tropical almond and palm trees. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 01:00
- Location: Surin Beach, on the left-hand side of the Surin Beach parking lot right after Taste and Pla restaurants. A private parking lot is also available right behind the venue.
- Remarks: Salt on Surin can organise weddings
- Tel: 083 102 5916
Sea Breeze Restaurant & Bar is a simple venue located right on Surin Beach. Under British management, this ‘Burger Bar Beach Club’, as it styles itself, is a perfect sundowner spot and is well known for serving Tex-Mex delicacies and some of the best beef burgers in the area. Open in 2012, it brings to Surin Beach a ‘going back in time’ sensation with its toes-in-the-sand dining under the tropical almond trees. Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 12:00 (high season)/14:00 (low season) until the last customer leaves
- Location: 30m to the left of Surin Beach parking (when facing the sea)
- Tel: 081 415 2884
Surin Bay Inn
It must have been almost 10 years since Surin Bay Inn first opened its doors. Locals love it and tourists find their prices very reasonable for their hearty and delicious pub fare. It is a place where families come and spend time together, especially over the weekends. The menu is made up of Thai and international cuisine and there is a kid’s section, too. Also, it is a good place to watch live major sports.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 06:00 – 23:30
- Location: Near TwinPalms and Manathai Hotel
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 271601
- Cuisine: Thai and international
Compared to most beachfront restaurants in this neighborhood, Taste is quite new but within no time, it has gained a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Surin, simply because they serve delicious food in style with friendly prices. The restaurant itself is run with close attention to detail and is well designed. They offer big sofas and comfortable dining tables for both indoor and outdoor dining (yes, on the sand too). Prices are affordable. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue - Sun from 12:00 till Late
- Location: The southern end of Surin Beach
- Tel: Western
- Cuisine: +66 (0) 76 270 090
Run by a local family (twins, as the name suggests) and well known for local food and yummy pizzas. Newly renovated, the restaurant looks clean and fresh. You can choose to dine at the beachfront or inside the restaurant and the place is very popular, especially during the daytime. The menu offers Thai, seafood and Italian dishes. Prices are reasonable, (‘Traditional Thai food with local prices’.)
- Opening Hours: For breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: Turn left at Surin Car Park. Twin Brothers is at the southern end of the beach
- Cuisine: Thai, seafood and Italian
Weaves restaurant is part of the Manathai Resort located next door to TwinPalms. It has an elegant interior Thai-style design. Their menu consists of Thai and western food. They also have an atmospheric and chic bar. Prices are affordable.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 to 23:00
- Location: Manathai Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)76 270909
- Cuisine: Thai and international
Zazada is the latest addition to Surin beach clubs scene. Located at the northern end of the beach, this classy venue agreeably blends contemporary and natural styles perfectly integrated in the environment. The beach club has two distinct areas: outdoor, a terrace with swimming pool and sun-loungers overlook the superb beach of Surin; indoor, a cosy dining room and a large open-kitchen await diners and partygoers. Serving ‘fun contemporary fusion cuisine’, Zazada’s Chef spices up international dishes with a Thai twist, offering original and unique flavours. Pool parties, wet tee-shirt competition and other nightly events rocked by talented DJs are held on a regular basis. Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 11:00 – 02:00
- Location: at the northern end of Surin Beach
- Tel: 076 386 644