Sportfishing and Big Game Fishing in Phuket
Everyone knows that Phuket offers some of the world's best beaches, diving and nightlife. What you might not know is that Phuket also offers world-class sportfishing and angling. Blue and black marlin, sailfish, dog-tooth tuna, giant trevally, jacks and even swordfish have been caught in Phuket and its surrounding waters, and the fishing community's firm catch-and-release policy helps ensure that future generations will have the opportunity to test themselves against these magnificent animals. Phuket's charter companies know all the best spots and will get where you want to be in comfort and style.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
AC's Phuket Fishing Park
For fishing enthusiasts, enjoy a relaxing time freshwater fishing at Phuket Fishing Park in Koh Kheaw. Alligator gars, arapaimas, red-tail catfish, and Siamese mud carp are among the interesting fish here. If you visit the park unprepared, don’t worry; Phuket Fishing Park also has a fishing shop providing rods for rent, bait and fishing assistants that can help you. Their on-site restaurant serves Thai and international food from 08:00 and stays open until 17:00.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 and closed on Mondays
- Location: On Thepkhasattri Road, Koh Kheaw, Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0) 85 573-8881
Koh Rok Island
Located about 80 km (50 miles) southeast of Phuket, this tiny island is named for a small furry creature that inhabits it. The island features some lovely beaches and is also home to monitor lizards. The real attraction for the sport fisherman, however are the multitudes of sailfish that can be found here.
During the late afternoon and early evening the action heats up and free jumpers can be seen in amazing amounts. Multiple hook-ups are the norm here and anyone who wants to bag a sailfish would do well to put this on their itenerary. A short cruise south lands you at Hin Daeng, which is a fantastic dive site that also provides some excellent fishing oppotunities.