Colourful, eccentric, outrageous and full of fun, Phuket’s annual Gay Festival held in Patong is a riot of floats and parades and the colourful demonstrations of supreme confidence in what might be called 'alternative' sexualities.
The Gay Festival attracts revelers from the world over and is a week of fun and well-organised activities, parties, competitions, quizzes, parades and over-the-top costumes and characters. Based around Soi Paradise and gay-friendly hotels, the festival certainly leaves its mark on Patong Beach.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
This year, this four-night event starts off on Thursday April 27 as the pre-party night, following by many more festivities. The official Phuket Gay Pride parties are set on April 29 and 30: Expect to see the colourful and fantastic ‘Afternoon Gay Pride Parade’ and the fun street party.
Guaranteed to be the highlight of any visitor or local's visit to the island, this flamboyant festival is set to 'wow' all who attend or even witness it. First held in 1999 it takes its cue from the Bangkok Gay Festival.
Gay, straight or otherwise; young, old or somewhere in-between; or simply interested, this vibrant, boisterous carnival offers a fun-filled programme for all. From its eye-popping street parties, competitions and ceremonies to its glitzy finale parade it's a fantastic celebration, not to be missed.