Canyon Course Summary & Design Features
Blue Canyon Country Club Courses0
The original 18 holes, 72 par course was designed by Yoshikazo Kato in 1991. This championship course has featured in many major golf tournament including the Johnnie Walker Classic. The Canyon Course was designed with minimal disruption to the natural landscape. This feature, along with the use of existing canyons and rubber plantations helped create the masterpiece that the Canyon Course is renowned today.
The Canyon Course has an intriguing mix of narrow tree-lined fairways requiring accurate tee shots. A number of dog legs demand precise shot making, and there is a selection of testing Par 3's. These features, along with numerous water hazards, long carries the and beautifully manicured fairways, all lend themselves to one of Asia's most sought after golfing destinations.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Golf Course Summary
- Designed by Yoshikazo Kato
- Opened 1991
- 18 holes, 72 par
- Total Yardage Black 7179, Blue 6664, White 6330
- Fairways - Zosyia Matrelia
- Greens - Bermuda Tiff Dwarf Grass
- Use of natural canyons and rubber plantations.
- Each hole designed with its own uniqueness
- Manicured landscaping, blending naturally into the environment.
- Large, fast undulating greens.
- 4 Tee layout catering for professionals & amateurs alike
- 87 Bunkers covering key landing areas and green surrounds
- Championship standard course.
- Walking course with caddies.
- Asian & Pacific Golf Resort of the Year - by Hertz International Golf Travel Awards - London 1999 & 2000
- Member of the Finest Golf Clubs of the World
- Awarded - Top 500 Best Holes in the World for its par 3, 17th hole on the Canyon Course.
- Hosted the 1994 and 1998 Johnnie Walker Classics
- Hosted for the Honda Invitational in 1996
- Welcomed world ranked players like Tiger Woods, Greg Norman & Ernie Els.
Canyon Course: Top Holes
Requires a long drive over the rough terrain of a canyon and around a bend to the right, where the green lies. Tiger Woods once also carried the mass of bunkers and trees to reach the green on this par four with a superb drive from the back tee, so it is known as The Tiger Hole.
Requires an accurate shot from the top of a steep incline to an island green. The view on this par three is spectacular and the choice of the right club becomes exceptionally difficult, depending on prevailing conditions.
Is classed as one of the best par threes in the world. It requires a long, straight shot to avoid the mass of water that cuts into the fairway on the right. Bunkers surrounding a curling, sloping green. Little wonder hole in ones are a rarity.
You May Also Like