Lake Course Summary & Design Features
Blue Canyon Country Club Courses0
Following the success of the challenging Canyon Course, the Lakes Course opened in 1999, offering a whole new challenge to the game of golf with water hazards on 17 out of 18 holes. It is a mixture of water-filled canyons created by open cast mining with its natural land flow left relatively unchanged.
The Lakes Course has been designed to cater for a broader range of golfers with Silver Tees being added between Red and White Tees. With Blue and Black Tees, a total of five sets of Tees offer a complete golfing experience, for all golfers' standards from the Championship Tees, target driving areas are set at 270 yards to accommodate today's long hitters, enabling Lakes Course to be the venue for world class tournaments; with the confidence that the challenge will meet the very best golfers from around the world.
Its front 9 holes run through a landscape of lakes and natural canyons, whilst the back 9 weaves its way through scenic lakes and soft whispering woodlands of rubber trees. Gentle winds at 10mph constantly add a challenging dimension to any game.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Golf Course Summary
- Designed by Yoshikazo Kato
- Opened 1999
- 18 holes, 72 par
- Total Yardage Black 7129, Blue 6415, White 6014
- Fairways - Zosyia Matrelia Grass
- Greens - Bemuda Tiff Dwarf Grass
- Sand Base - 300 mm
- Land flow relatively unchanged.
- Front 9 run through a landscape with lakes and natural canyons, with the back 9 weaving its way through a rubber tree plantation
- Water comes into play 17 out of 18 holes
- Large, mildly undulating greens
- 5 Tee layout catering for professionals & amateurs alike
- 34 Bunkers covering key landing areas and green surrounds
- Championship standard course
- Walking course with caddies
Lakes Course: Top Holes
Requires nerves of steel. The hardest hole on the course, this par four offers up a wide fairway, then doglegs into a maze of trees and foliage, with a huge canyon yawning in front of an elevated green.
gives players the choice of going left or right of a tree on the crest of the fairway. Go left and you face an awesome shot over canyon country.
The right-hand option provides more fairway but a severe uphill second shot is required to the small, elevated green. A wonderful par four.
You May Also Like