Kata Beach Hotels & Resorts
Where to Stay in Kata Beach
Kata Beach hotels encompass an eclectic range of accommodation choices, from small, neat and clean guesthouses for young travellers to large family-friendly mid-range hotels, right up to luxurious tropical beachfront resorts. There really is a hotel in Kata Beach for every type of Phuket guest.
Striking a nice balance between laid back and action-packed, this broad and curving beach is actually divided into 2 bays: Kata Yai and Kata Noi. Bordered by rocky headlands, Kata Beach hotels are spread out across the entire two-plus kilometres of white sand beach, fringed with tropical palm trees and a few beach restaurants, resorts and boutique hotels.
Just 10 minutes from Patong Beach to the north, Kata Beach offers the perfect location for an unforgettable holiday in Thailand. Kata Noi, the smaller beach, further south, offers more seclusion and tranquillity, but still within touching distance of the activities, shops and restaurants available in Kata. More and more family-friendly attractions have been opening in recent years so Kata beach hotels come highly recommended for those who like to keep active and on their feet.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
All Hotels in Kata Beach
What Can You Do in Kata Beach
- The Karon Viewpoint (actually located just above Kata Beach) is highly recommended to enjoy the view of three sandy coves and the Andaman sea beyond.
- For a fit and active attraction, try flowboading at Flowhouse. It is similar to surfing accept without the paddling.
- Dinopark Mini Golf is fun and funky golf course with a prehistoric theme.
- Kata Beach has a lively nightlife area with many beer bars and live music
Good Things to Know
- Kata Beach Hotels are very popular for family holidays
- During the Low Season (between July-Oct) strong waves hit Kata, making it good for surfing
- Some of the best restaurants in Phuket are located in Kata.
- It’s quite a long stretch of beach separated by a headland.