Phuket Town hotels and resorts are generally modest in size, but are cheap and full of character, especially those in the historical Old Town. The provincial capital of Phuket, the town is the primary hub of local life, with most of the main markets and shopping malls in or around it. It also has a lively restaurant scene and a local-centric nightlife.
A hotel in Phuket Town will give you immediate access to a great experience of local culture. Being a very old city, the narrow streets of beautiful Sino-Portuguese buildings are not particularly good for driving around and finding somewhere to park, so exploring on foot from a local base is much more convenient. The following places are perfect for just that.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
All Hotels in Phuket Town