Phuket Zoo and Animal Parks
Aquariums, Zoo and Orchid Farms
The tropics and exotic animals are intrinsically linked. Croc, tigers, monkeys and snakes - they're all here in Phuket and then some.
Certain animals are 'encouraged' to perform for audiences and others enjoy more sedate lifestyles but whether you go to see fabulously coloured butterflies or the more drab crocodiles and elephants at the zoo it'll still be worth your while in terms of the 'wow,-I-didn't-know-that' factor.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Other Zoo and Animal Parks in Phuket
Phuket Orchid Garden & Thai Village
Located on a former tin mine, Phuket Orchid Garden & Thai Village has four restaurant pavilions, a playground for children of all ages, handicraft shops, workshops and a twice-daily cultural show (at 11am and 5.30pm). Good chance to see displays of Thai martial arts and dancing. Also has a large orchid nursery with a number of exotic and rare varieties.
- Opening Hours: daily 9am-9pm
- Location: just off Thepkasattri Rd on the north end of Phuket City.
- Tel: 076-214860, 076-237400
- Price Range: 400 Baht
Snake Shows in Phuket
Thailand is home to more than 50 species of snakes, including several poisonous varieties, and a spine-tingling (and safe) way to see them is at a snake show. Watch as seemingly fearless snake handlers charm, caress, harrass and even kiss various species of snakes, including spitting vipers and, most startlingly, King cobras.
Phuket Shooting Range (300 Baht; Tel: 076-280130) in Chalong, just west of the Chalong circle on Route 4028
Andaman Cobra Show on Soi Ta-iad, off Chao Fa East Rd, a few kms north of Chalong Circle,