Bangtao Beach Guide
Everything You Need to Know About Bang Tao
Bangtao is a study in contrasts, with the luxurious resorts and villas along its six km (four mile) stretch of beach just a few minutes' away from the town of Cherng Talay, where many villagers still make their living as their ancestors did - by fishing, farming and rubber tapping. The northern tip of the beach, so far untouched by development, is still an area where visitors might find that they have the beach to themselves. Apart from going to the beach and a few bars and restaurants there's not much that you need to leave your resort for.
Taking up a huge area in the middle of Bangtao beach, Laguna Phuket, one of Asia's largest resort complexes, comprises Angsana Laguna Phuket, Dusit Thani Laguna, Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach, Laguna Holiday Club and Banyan Tree Phuket resorts, and some are open to outside visitors as well.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Where to Stay in Bangtao Beach
Map of Bangtao Beach