Laem Singh Beach is one of Phuket's most beautiful beaches and hides on the west coast between Kamala and Surin beaches. Being nestled in a steep-sided bay, lined with nodding palm trees and dotted with giant boulders, it has the feel of a secret beach. It’s not a very well-kept secret, though, as it’s overlooked by a popular viewpoint along the coastal road.
The northern part of the beach is good for body-boarding. The swimming and snorkelling is excellent in the southern part, with loads of fish to see around the rocky headland which separates the beach from Kamala Bay. Being a little challenging to get to, you can find a peaceful, remote vibe without having to travel too far from the popular resort towns of Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Getting to Laem Singh Beach
Once an extremely popular spot for sunbathing, snorkeling and swimming, direct access to Laem Singh Beach has been restricted because of a land dispute. However, you can still get onto the sand (which is public land) by taking a boat ride from the southern end of Surin Beach.
A seat on the boat costs 100 baht per person, or 400 baht for the whole boat, if you don’t want to wait for other passengers. Note that there’s no pier at either end. You’ll have to wade out to the boat and climb up into it, which will mean getting your feet wet.
Laem Singh Viewpoint
Laem Singh Viewpoint is a popular stop on the coast road between Kamala Beach and Surin Beach. Offering a pleasant place to rest a while, with seating and a roof providing shelter from the sun, you can enjoy great views to the south across the namesake beach below and it is a popular place for watching Phuket’s impressive sunsets.
Where to Stay near Laem Singh Beach
There is no immediate accommodation near this, but nearby accommodation is available at Surin beach, only a couple of hundred metres away. Best known are the beautiful hillside Ayara Hilltops Boutique Resort and the stylish Twinpalms Phuket, a very popular, well-designed hotel.
Laem Singh Beach
- Location: On the coastal road between Kamala and Surin Beaches
- How to get there: Take a boat from Surin Beach