Everything You Need to Know About Rawai Beach
Rawai holds the distinction of being the very first tourist beach on Phuket. Years ago, people from Phuket Town would drive the 17km to Rawai on weekends to while away the afternoon underneath the beach's casuarina trees rather than risk the (then) dangerous drive over the hill to Phuket's west coast.
Nowadays, Rawai is a 'working beach' and a launching point for day boat excursions out to Phuket's surrounding islands. Many long-tail boats available for hire line its shores, where you can arrange a trip to Coral Island, Koh Lone or Racha Island, or a fishing or snorkelling trip. The beach is also used as a mooring point for the many fishermen who live in the area.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Rawai Beach Map