Coral Island, known locally as Koh Hae, is a beautiful getaway destination around 3 km southeast of Phuket. The island has 2 main beaches: Long Beach and Banana Beach. Snorkelling off Banana Beach is a thrilling experience. If you go out far enough from Long Beach, you will also have a lot to discover at its impressive coral reef.
The island is beautifully calm at night but quite busy during the day. Peace and quiet can be found at the extremities of both beaches. You can rent deck chairs and sun loungers, but these usually come free for those on day tours.
Coral Island Resort includes lunch with their day tour, though those who come to the island on their own can easily find a restaurant on the island.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
What to do on Coral Island
Both beaches have a lot of water sports activities, including banana boats, canoes, and snorkelling. There's a speedboat on Long Beach that can take you out for a brief parasail outing.
Coral Island Resort organises batik-painting classes and scuba diving classes in English, Chinese and Thai. At the eastern end of Long Beach, you'll find an open-air pavilion used for massages.
How to get to Coral Island
You can get to Coral Island by renting a long-tail boat at either Rawai Beach or Chalong Pier. If you want to travel by speedboat, book a snorkelling trip from Chalong to get to the island within 15 minutes. You're provided with a snorkelling mask and fins, as well as a buffet lunch.
If you land at Long Beach but want to check out Banana Beach, there is a trail at the eastern end of the former, which leads through a jungle. It takes around 15 minutes of hiking on uneven surfaces. This trail isn't suitable for the elderly or those with small children.
- Location: Ko He, Rawai, Muang, Phuket, Thailand