Mai Khao Beach
Everything you need to know about Mai Khao Beach
Mai Khao Beach is situated on the northwest coast of Phuket. This 11km-long straight beach is still blessedly undeveloped as it is part of the Sirinat National Park. The only significant constructions along it are the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Phuket International Airport near Nai Yang Beach.
The sand of Mai Khao Beach - the name of which translates as "white wood" - is possibly the coarsest of any on Phuket, but is also practically deserted a lot of the time, making it possible to walk for kilometres without seeing a single other person. A short distance out into the water, there is a sharp drop off into the Andaman Sea, making swimming dangerous from May to November.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Map of Mai Khao Beach