Naka Yai Island
Everything you Need to Know about Naka Yai Island
Naka Yai Island features only one small village on its west side, but in a very short space of time, the island is changing from a fishing village into a fairly exclusive resort location. Most of Naka Yai Island beaches are broad and sandy, and along its eastern shores the views out across Phang Nga Bay are simply breathtaking. The longest beach on the east side has chairs and umbrellas for rent, plus a small snack counter. It fills up in the afternoons with daytrippers.
There's not much to do on Naka Yai except swim, sunbathe and take strolls along the beach. It's recommended to bring your own food if you're planning to stay the day.
Naka Noi is known as the 'Pearl Island', as it's a site where rare South Sea pearls are cultivated. Any trip to Naka Noi will inevitably include a tour of the pearl farm - a good chance to see how these luminous beads are developed and extracted. The best way to enjoy such idylic island is to stay at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Open in 2008, Tenta Nakara Restaurant is part of the resort by the same name on Naka Yai Island. It's a 16-table restaurant serving a variety of seafood and Thai cuisine as well as fresh sandwiches and spaghetti dishes for in-house guests, yachters and visitors touring Phang Nga Bay. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 15:00 and 18:00-22:00
- Location: Inside Tenta Nakara Resort on the east side of Naka Yai Island
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 398 6515
- Cuisine: Thai, Seafood and European
- How to get there: Visitors can charter a long-tail boat at Ao Por Pier (on the east coast of Phuket) to Naka Island and it will take only about 15 minutes to get there. Also, Tenta Nakara Restaurant offers pick up service (1-10 passengers).
The Naka Island A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa is a collection of 67 luxuriously appointed five-star Villas - most with splendid views of Phuket and stunning Phang Nga Bay - on a picturesque island off Phukets east coast. The Villa categories break down to Tropical Pool Villas; Seaview Pool Villas; Beachfront Pool Villas, and Royal Horizon Pool Villas. In-Villa amenities include top-quality bedding, individually controlled air conditioning, safety deposit box, flat-screen TV with international multilingual channels, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary Wi-Fi, private open air sunken bathtub and steam facility, DVD player and Bose iPod sound system, private pool, free bottled water, refreshment centre, and more. Read More...
Getting to the Naka Islands
Long-tail boats may be hired for the day at the rickety Ao Po Pier on the east coast of Phuket (to get to the pier, take route 4027 east from the Heroines' Monument, then turn right at the sign for Ao Po and follow along for a few kilometers). Naka Yai is also part of many daytrip itineraries, with many boatloads of snorkellers and swimmers stopping off at the long eastern beach for a few hours in the afternoon.
Where to Stay on Naka Island
The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Naka Yai IslandRate This Place: ( votes)