The Racha Islands (or Raya Islands) are best known as excellent diving and snorkelling destinations in Thailand. Located some 12 km south of Phuket, Racha Noi is uninhabited, but there's some great diving in the area. Racha Yai has several bungalows and resorts if you want to stay on the island for a day or more.
Racha Yai reveals itself in splendid fashion, with most arrivals landing onto a strip of fine white sand tucked deep into the long, U-shaped main bay, called Ao Tawan Tok or Ao Bungalow. The waters are clear and excellent for snorkelling, though the bay gets quite busy with visiting boats in the afternoons. Racha Yai is home to The Racha, a splendid getaway resort. The other large bay, Ao Siam, is a pretty place where peaceful strolls are possible.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Getting to Racha Islands
It's very easy to get to the Racha Islands from Phuket. Long-tail and speedboat transfers can be arranged from Chalong Pier or Rawai. Depending on the boat, a one-way trip takes from around 45 minutes to over 1 hour. All-inclusive day tours for snorkellers and divers are also available.