The weather in Phuket in May gradually begins to show signs of the approaching wet season, though it still remains generally hot and dry, making it quite a popular time to visit. Average temperatures drop from their April highs to 28.4°C (83.1°F) while rainfall jumps up to 384mm delivered over 19 days of the month. For the most part this will fall in short, sharp deluges, usually at night. The days will mostly still be sunny.
The southwest monsoon now hitting the island also brings an increase in humidity, with the daily average being quite a stuffy 74%. Water temperatures are still high at 30°C (86°F), but the waves are starting to get rougher, which will make swimming off the beaches a little more hazardous and will decrease the visibility for divers and snorkelers. This, coupled with strengthening wind from the west, makes this the start of Phuket’s surfing season.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Average Rainfalls in Phuket Highlights:
(Obviously it varies each year!)
Today's Weather and 7 Days Weather Forecast