Ya Nui Beach lies in the shadow of Phromthep Cape and Windmill Viewpoint, 2 of Phuket's most popular viewpoints. It's a charming little cove offering good snorkelling, kayaking, and fishing. The sand is soft and comfortable, with plenty of shells for kids to collect.
The neighbouring island of Ko Kaeo Yai is around 700 metres out in the sea. When the weather is calm, it's possible to paddle out to check out corals or to visit Nai Harn. Local fishermen climb the rocky promontory to cast off or simply brave the waves with casting nets during overcast days.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
How to get to Ya Nui Beach in Phuket
There are 3 routes to Ya Nui Beach in Phuket. From Nai Harn, you can drive south over a hill, passing the Windmill Viewpoint and down into the beach. From inland, there's a road leading from Rawai – keep going straight when the main Rawai-Phrom Thep road swings left and continue until you reach Ya Nui Beach. Alternatively, drive down the northern side of Phrom Thep and you'll soon find yourself in Ya Nui.
Facilities at Ya Nui Beach
You can hire snorkelling gear on Ya Nui Beach. The northern part of this 300-metre-long beach is good for swimming. Many people hire a kayak and paddle out to Ko Kaeo Ya, where snorkelling conditions are even better. If there is a bit of a swell, bodyboarding is popular at the beach's northern end. Beach massage is available at reasonable prices.
Ya Nui is fairly busy in high season, with vendors selling merchandise such as textiles, toys, fresh fruit, snacks, and souvenirs. There are a couple of restaurants on the other side of the beach road, with several more shops and eateries around 500 metres down the road towards Rawai.
Popular Hotel Near Ya Nui Beach
Ya Nui Beach in Phuket
- Location: Rawai, Muang, Phuket, Thailand