Joe’s Downstairs is one of Phuket’s most prominent restaurants and enjoys a stunning location on the granite cape that separates Patong from Kalim beach. This restaurant-cum-bar overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers a splendid sundowner spot, perfect for sipping a skilfully mixed cocktail in good company.
The team at Joe’s Downstairs creatively blends flavours from all around the world in his dishes. With its remarkable location, sophisticated setting, and delectable cuisine, Joe’s Downstairs should be on the bucket-list of every epicurean coming by Patong.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Where is Joe's Downstairs?
Situated in Kalim, just north of Patong, Joe’s is just a few minute’s drive from the centre of town. Cresting the first hill coming out of town, you’ll find Joe’s Downstairs in the illustrious company of Da Maurizio and Baan Rim Pa opposite the entrance to Diamond Cliff Resort.
The first impression you get of Joe’s is the way the all-white theme dovetails neatly with the immediate by-the-sea feel of the place; the sea is a firm part of the décor here.
It all seems so spotless yet far from clinical and with the recent addition of a large deck terrace it’s never cramped. A tastefully lit bar lines the descent into the restaurant. Overall, it's a cool place to spend an evening.
People of all ages frequent Joe’s but it does have a markedly youthful feel to it. It's a great feeling to be sitting on the deck, sipping on a martini, watching the fabulous sunset. Part bar, part restaurant, by mid-evening the restaurant vibe is dominant but then the cool sounds and relaxed yet chic bar vibe takes over.
Recommended dishes at Joe's Downstairs include foie gras dumplings with toasted pistachios and tamarind sauce, jumbo crab cakes, and 400-day aged Wagyu beef tenderloin with leek and potato hash.
All in all, Joe’s is a class act and, given the setting and the talent involved it's seriously worth a visit – at sunset, of course.
With food and setting this good it’d be a crime if the service didn’t match. But it does.
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 11pm
- Address: 223/3 Phrabarami Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 078 5887