Sports bars in Phuket are ideal for passionate fans visiting Phuket. If the idea of not being able to follow your team while you’re in Thailand concerns you, these are the places for you, with each one having multiple TVs tuned to a wide array of sports. Many of them list their schedules on social media, so you know you'll be able to catch the games you’re interested in before you go.
Many of the best places to watch sports in Phuket are Aussie-owned bars, where the sports of the Antipodeans reign supreme. Most also air major European sports, while a few show US sporting action. They all attract fellow sports fans, creating the same lively team spirit you'll find back home, which is what makes many of them popular as bars and restaurants in their own right.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Aussie BarPatong Beach
Aussie Bar stretches over 2 floors, with a maximum capacity of up to 250 people, making it one of the largest bars on Bangla Road. True to its name, the bar has a particular focus on all things Australians, especially beer and sports. There are no less than 4 bars, 3 pool tables and dozens of large TVs showing live sports matches.
The owner is an avid Australian Rules Football fan, but you'll be able to watch matches on rugby, English and European soccer, motorsport, golf, tennis, boxing, American Football, basketball, and ice hockey.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 3am
- Location: 9/1 Bangla Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 788 6239
Angus O’Tool’s Irish PubKaron Beach
A popular and long-established Irish pub in Karon, Angus O’Tool's Pub has a friendly atmosphere and serves international cuisine, a wide collection of draught beverages, live music and, most importantly, live sports on 2 100-inch projector screens and 5 flat-screen TVs.
Being Irish-owned, Angus O’Tool's Pub leans towards more European sports tastes, including the English football leagues, rugby, cricket, boxing, UFC, horseracing, and motorsport. You can also catch Australian sports matches at this Karon pub. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: 516/20 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 696 1718
Walkabout Sports BarKaron Beach
Walkabout Sports Bar has 9 flat-screen TVs and a main 80-inch projector screen showcasing live sports events throughout the day. It's often packed with tourists catching the big game while enjoying a cold bottled or draught beer.
The schedule prioritises Australian sports (naturally), including AFL, NRL, cricket and rugby. You can also enjoy English and European football and rugby, motorsports, golf and tennis. Walkabout Sports Bar offers an 8-ball pool table and free Wi-Fi. Live rock music usually takes place on weekends – the bar's owner often shares the stage with local bands.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11am to 2am, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 2am
- Location: Soi Karon Whale Resort, Patak Road, Karon Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 522 2286
Peppers Sports BarBangtao Beach
Peppers Sports Bar has a pretty good English pub feel, with weekly quiz nights as well as typical pub grub. Naturally, it also has a heavy focus on live sports, including football, rugby, boxing and motorsport. Australian sports like NRL and AFL are also regularly aired on 1 giant screen and 5 smaller HD TVs around the bar. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 1am
- Location: 382/10-11 Moo 1, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket, 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 325 164
Legends Sports Bar & GrillPatong Beach
Legends Sports Bar & Grill is one of the most popular Australian bars close to Patong Beach. Many of its flat-screen TVs are visible from the street, which is fortunate because the place gets really packed during major sporting events.
An open-sided place with a friendly atmosphere, the bar also serves excellent burgers and Aussie pies. As you would expect, Legends Sports Bar & Grill shows mostly Australian sports, including AFL, NRL, cricket and motorsport.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to midnight
- Location: 15/8 Soi Eden, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)96 652 0071
Hooters PhuketPatong Beach
Hooters Phuket is a world-renowned American bar in Patong, where international sports matches are aired on its 12 flat-screen TVs (including 5 around the circular bar).
Assuming that you can keep your eyes on the screen and are not distracted by the waitresses, the bar is one of the best spots to watch American sports like NFL, NBA and NHL. You can also enjoy Australian and European games from time to time. Hooters Phuket has an excellent menu of American-style bar snacks and beers on tap. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: 48/2 Ruamchai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 9850
AllStar Aussie Sports Bar & RestaurantKata Beach
AllStar is popular for its 5 large flat-screen TVs showing a wide range of Australian and European sports. This affordable Aussie sports bar is on the quieter outskirts of Kata Beach, making it rather popular with families.
You can catch football (both soccer and Aussie-rules) matches, rugby, motorsport, cricket, snooker, volleyball and many major world events at AllStar. There's a games console for the kids to play, while adults can enjoy a good collection of beers, wines, ciders, spirits, liqueurs and cocktails.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday from 5pm to 2am, Thursday–Friday from 4.30pm to 2am, Saturday–Sunday from 12pm to 2am
- Location: 11/13 Taina Road, Kata Beach, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)80 038 2462
Champions Bar & GrillSurin Beach
Champions Bar & Grill at Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort is an American sports bar with a very family-friendly atmosphere. The menu includes burgers, nachos and chicken wings, served with novel denim-style napkins.
It has 8 flat-screen TVs airing live American and European sports, such as basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer and motorsport. Champions Bar & Grill can accommodate around 60 people, resulting in a rather relaxed vibe you might not find in many Phuket bars.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort, 106/27 Moo 3, Surin Beach, Cherngtalay, Talang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 303 300
Aussie Pub KamalaKamala Beach
Aussie Pub Kamala has regular special events, Australian pub grub, and 7 large TVs showing AFL, NRL, rugby, cricket, motorsport and English Premier League football. The pub shares the same laidback and fun atmosphere which makes Kamala so popular among travellers. You can also enjoy free use of the bar's pool table and dartboard. Happy hour at Aussie Pub Kamala is until 8pm every day.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 2pm to 2am, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 2am
- Location: 93/49 Moo 3, Main Road, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 817 9950