Bangtao Beach Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Bang Tao
Bangtao is not the best choice if your main goal is to party in Phuket. Having said that, since 2008 Bangtao Beach has seen the opening of trendy new venues such as Bliss Beach Club and Xana Beach Club which offer food, drinks and entertainment - including international DJs till late.
Tinlay Place, at the Phuket Laguna entrance, has a cluster of bars and restaurants that have a faithful long-term expatriate following. From early evening on you'll find people heading towards Peppers Sports Bar or Tatonka to catch up on the latest news. The Supper Club with its extensive menu also has a good wine list and good music.
Besides these places, nightlife in Bangtao can also be a chill-out event with a drink at one of the reggae joints at the northern part of the beach.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Bars in Bangtao are ready to serve customers from late afternoon (around 17:00), but it becomes lively much later. All of them lie along the main (small) road passing through various accommodations in the village, including Arinara Beach Resort, Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort and Blue Garden. If you are looking for some low key bars to have some inexpensive drinks every night while on holiday, Bangtao bars will not let you down, with friendly prices and hostesses at such places as Aussie Bar, Green Mango, Yellow Bar and Mama Bar. Interestingly, many of them run a massage shop next or close to their bars, too.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - late
- Location: In Bangtao Village, mostly near Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort and Blue Garden
Another local pub at the entrance of the Laguna Phuket resort complex. It offers pub food and live bands every Friday.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 till late
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type: Pub
Bliss Beach Club near Sunwing Resort in Bangtao is a favorite hang-out spot out for many local residents and regular visitors to Phuket. It’s a great place for everyone, including families with young kids. There is a swimming pool and some good options for water sports on top of their delicious food, good cocktails and a fantastic wine list. With its vibrant atmosphere and friendly staff, Bliss Beach Club is one of the best locations in Bangtao for sunset and romantic dinners. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Breakfast to dinner
- Location: Take the road next to Tesco Lotus in Bangtao about a kilometre and turn left at the T-intersection. Pass the Sunwing Resort on your right and Sugar Cane Restaurant on your left and continue on 200 metres to the entrance on your right.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-510150
Dream Beach Club is a stylish, laid-back place to relax and party right on Layan Beach. Part of the world-renowned Dream brand from New York City, it is one of very few clubs in Phuket which is right by the sand and is one of the largest clubs of its kind in the whole of Thailand, featuring two swimming pools, four bars and over 100 comfortable sun loungers.
Replacing the once famous Nikki Beach Club at the very northern extreme of Bangtao Beach, Dream opened in December 2015 after the site had undergone quite significant renovations. While it still targets the party crowd, the atmosphere is much more relaxed. The Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Layan Beach Soi 2, Bang Tao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 660 9888
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/dreambeachphuket
Heavenly Bar & Massage
Heavenly is the only bar in Bangtao Village that opens as early as 10:00 in the morning. The owner is
very approachable, friendly and chatty. You will find him on the spot from the early hours, too.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - late
- Location: Behind Blue Garden Resort in Bangtao Village
- Tel: +66 (0)83 639 5744
Just Relax Massage
Their service includes Thai, foot, and oil massage
- Opening Hours: 10:00- 23:00
- Location: About 50 metres from the traffic light before heading into Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Massage shop
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 979 0352
Serving great pub food with Classic Rock in the background, Pepper's does good battered prawns with tartar sauce, mescalero-style chili, beef stew and veggies with fresh bread, grilled monster pork chop with apple sauce. The big screen shows major sports like rugby, Formula One and football. Happy Hour from 10:00 -19:00. A nice place to catch up with local gossip. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 01:00 kitchen closes at midnight
- Location: Tinlay Place, Cherng Talay – near the entrance of Bangtao's Laguna Complex
- Type: Bar & Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)76 325 112
This gorgeous long bar and well-appointed restaurant serves ‘West Coast Cuisine’; meats, fish and pizzas. It is one of the most popular hang outs of local residents as well as regular guests to the island. Enjoy their jazz and lounge music and check out their long drinks list. Booking in advance is suggested. Ask for the owner Sean Power, one of the liveliest hosts in Phuket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 10:30 (last orders) Bar closes at 01:00
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type: Bar & restaurant
- Tel: + 66 (0) 76 270 936
Chef/owner Harold Schwarz has been at Tatonka for more than 10 years. The place is well known for its inventive tapas and friendly ambiance. Since opening it has gained a reputation as a place with great prices for great food and the open kitchen makes for a very interesting spectacle. With a casual-smart dress code, try their exotic cocktails or a bottle from the carefully selected ‘Globetrotter’ wine list. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 till late. Closed on Wednesdays.
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type: International restaurant
- Tel: + 66 (0) 76 324 349
Thai Carnation Massage
Thai massage 300 baht per hour and oil massage is 400 baht per hour. Free Shuttle service.
- Opening Hours: from 11:00 – 22.30
- Location: Opposite Chaba Restaurant near the entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Massage shop
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 325 565
XANA’s expansive, open setting offers views across the sea. The menu focuses on light meals, healthy food and tapas, with creative combinations of Mediterranean and Thai tastes in eye-catching presentations. XANA has lounge seating and private cabanas along the beachfront, Asia’s longest swim-up bar and extensive gardens are perfect for weddings or events. Xana is an inspiring place to be at any time of day but it especially comes to life at sunset, when you can watch the sinking sun paint the sky and sea in fiery shades while sipping a delicious cocktail. As day turns into night, XANA’s festive spirit prevails with DJ music and dancing on the sand. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 – 24:00 (last orders 21:00)
- Location: Directly on Bangtao Beach behind Angsana Laguna
- Tel: +66 (0)76 358 555
Did you know?
Most bars and restaurants located inside the Tinlay Place at the entrance of the Laguna resorts complex offer free shutter service for Laguna guests.