Bangtao Beach Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Bang Tao
Bangtao is not the best choice if your main goal is to party in Phuket. Having said that, since 2008 Bangtao Beach has seen the opening of trendy new venues such as Bliss Beach Club and Xana Beach Club which offer food, drinks and entertainment - including international DJs till late.
Tinlay Place, at the Phuket Laguna entrance, has a cluster of bars and restaurants that have a faithful long-term expatriate following. From early evening on you'll find people heading towards Peppers Sports Bar or Tatonka to catch up on the latest news. The Supper Club with its extensive menu also has a good wine list and good music.
Besides these places, nightlife in Bangtao can also be a chill-out event with a drink at one of the reggae joints at the northern part of the beach.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Another local pub at the entrance of the Laguna Phuket resort complex. It offers pub food and live bands every Friday.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 till late
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type : Pub
Visitors who like to enjoy drinks and absorb breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea, will enjoy sipping cool cocktails at these beach bars. Most of them are small venues with a simple and easy setup.
Such places include, The Beach Bar, Sky Bar and Reggae Bar. Many of these places come and go but no matter what season you visit Bang Tao Beach, you will always find one of these lovely beach bars. For a more permanent venue on the beach, check out Orange House.
Bliss Beach Club near Sunwing Resort in Bangtao is a favorite hang-out spot out for many local residents and regular visitors to Phuket. It’s a great place for everyone, including families with young kids. There is a swimming pool and some good options for water sports on top of their delicious food, good cocktails and a fantastic wine list. With its vibrant atmosphere and friendly staff, Bliss Beach Club is one of the best locations in Bangtao for sunset and romantic dinners. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Breakfast to dinner
- Location: Take the road next to Tesco Lotus in Bangtao about a kilometre and turn left at the T-intersection. Pass the Sunwing Resort on your right and Sugar Cane Restaurant on your left and continue on 200 metres to the entrance on your right.
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-510150
Just Relax Massage
Their service includes Thai, foot, and oil massage
- Opening Hours: 10:00- 23:00
- Location: About 50 metres from the traffic light before heading into Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type : Massage shop
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 979 0352
Nikki Beach Phuket is a chic beach club set right on the tranquil and rather undeveloped Layan Beach (the northern end of Bangtao Beach on Phuket’s west coast). The venue has an ultra-modern touch with its white theme and modern, linear design. It is the brand’s second beach club in Thailand and the tenth location to open across the world.
The Nikki Beach concept is a combination of dining, music, fashion, film and art in one stunning coastal location. Daily live shows with dancers, fire shows and performances (daily during high season, weekly during low season), and top-class innovative artistic events and themed-days make Nikki Beach Phuket the ultimate beach club on Phuket Island. Regarding its cuisine, Nikki Beach serves top-of-the-range international fusion cuisine featuring the favourite dishes created in – and inspired by – each of its other branches’ locations around the world. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday- Thursday 11:00-22:00, Friday and Saturday 11:00- 01:00
- Location: Layan Beach, at the northern end of Bangtao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)76 681 161
Serving great pub food with Classic Rock in the background, Pepper's does good battered prawns with tartar sauce, mescalero-style chili, beef stew and veggies with fresh bread, grilled monster pork chop with apple sauce. The big screen shows major sports like rugby, Formula One and football. Happy Hour from 10:00 -19:00. A nice place to catch up with local gossip. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 01:00 kitchen closes at midnight
- Location: Tinlay Place, Cherng Talay – near the entrance of Bangtao's Laguna Complex
- Type : Bar & Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)76 325 112
This gorgeous long bar and well-appointed restaurant serves ‘West Coast Cuisine’; meats, fish and pizzas. It is one of the most popular hang outs of local residents as well as regular guests to the island. Enjoy their jazz and lounge music and check out their long drinks list. Booking in advance is suggested. Ask for the owner Sean Power, one of the liveliest hosts in Phuket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 10:30 (last orders) Bar closes at 01:00
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type : Bar & restaurant
- Tel: + 66 (0) 76 270 936
Chef/owner Harold Schwarz has been at Tatonka for more than 10 years. The place is well known for its inventive tapas and friendly ambiance. Since opening it has gained a reputation as a place with great prices for great food and the open kitchen makes for a very interesting spectacle. With a casual-smart dress code, try their exotic cocktails or a bottle from the carefully selected ‘Globetrotter’ wine list. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 till late. Closed on Wednesdays.
- Location: Tinlay Place
- Type : International restaurant
- Tel: + 66 (0) 76 324 349
Thai Carnation Massage
Thai massage 300 baht per hour and oil massage is 400 baht per hour. Free Shuttle service.
- Opening Hours: from 11:00 – 22.30
- Location: Opposite Chaba Restaurant near the entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type : Massage shop
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 325 565
The Orange House
As the name suggests, it is hard to miss the Orange House as the building is such a bright colour. The place operates as a dive centre, café and bar and even though the menu is not so extensive they have good enough choices such as Scandinavian breakfast, American breakfast, ham & cheese sandwich and spring-rolls. It is a friendly place open to all, and certainly not limited to divers. Try their happy hour drinks/cocktails. Orange House is a cool place with nice atmosphere and chilled out music with a full-sized pool table.
- Location: On the beachfront opposite Palm Beach Resort and the Angsana Resort
- Type : Bar & cafe
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 325 597
XANA’s expansive, open setting offers views across the sea. The menu focuses on light meals, healthy food and tapas, with creative combinations of Mediterranean and Thai tastes in eye-catching presentations. XANA has lounge seating and private cabanas along the beachfront, Asia’s longest swim-up bar and extensive gardens are perfect for weddings or events. Xana is an inspiring place to be at any time of day but it especially comes to life at sunset, when you can watch the sinking sun paint the sky and sea in fiery shades while sipping a delicious cocktail. As day turns into night, XANA’s festive spirit prevails with DJ music and dancing on the sand. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12:00 – 24:00 (last orders 21:00)
- Location: Directly on Bangtao Beach behind Angsana Laguna
- Tel: +66 (0)76 358 555
Did you know?
Most bars and restaurants located inside the Tinlay Place at the entrance of the Laguna resorts complex offer free shutter service for Laguna guests.