Patong's famous bar beers are concentrated (and we mean concentrated) along Bangla Road spilling over into the small streets off it.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Phuket Beer Bars
Beer bars (or bar beers) are basic outdoor bars with barstools and a sound system. Many look exactly the same but, for some reason, you'll often see one bar packed out while the near-replica beside it is barren.
Although the most bars cater to men, women and couples are equally welcome with no hassle. There are also a number of bars like Kangaroo Bar and U2 on Bangla Road, that simply play good music and regularly attract a young international crowd who often dance in the street and on the tables.
What to Expect
Once you're in the bar, expect to be warmly welcomed by the staff, who will sit and chat with you and play a limited selection of bar games, including Connect Four or hammer-the-nail-into-the-block-of-wood. In any game of skill or strategy, you will almost certainly lose as your opponent will have a lot of practise and experience.
Beer bars are ubiquitous in Patong and there's no shortage. Just head to one of the many sois off of Bangla and you'll be hip deep in them. A few of the better ones are 69 Bar in Soi Lion, Sharky Bar and Black Cat.