Thaweewong Rd, better known as the Beach road, runs along the entire length of Patong's 3-km beach. Both day and night it's a busy street, but it really gets packed with strollers and shopper as the temperature cools down in the evening.
The most hectic section is the stretch that runs between the Holiday Inn at the south end of the beach and Bangla Road, where vendors are packed into little stalls selling a huge variety of goods including T-shirts, beach towels, shoes, jewellery, disco balls, wooden elephants, key chains and more.
Several hotel bar-restaurants line the road, most featuring fresh seafood and live music, the most popular is The Port at Banthai Beach Resort. The lively Molly Malone's pub is right next door, between The Port and the ubiquitous McDonald's.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
North of Bangla
Just north of Bangla is another busy segment, particularly around the cluster of beer bars opposite the Impiana Phuket Cabana. It's also packed with street vendors and all kinds of shops including sportswear outlets, pharmacies, mini-marts and shoe stores.
In front of the Patong Bay Garden Resort are a number of small bars and restaurants where you can literally step on to Patong's white sand beach. Perfect for sundowners and early evening dinners...