Bars in Chalong rarely stray from the ubiquitous combination of bar stools, darts board and/or pool table, fairy lights and bar hostesses, and are mostly frequented by local expats. At night the road that leads to the pier lights up with local bars, cafes and restaurants. Not far from the Chalong Circle heading to the pier, look out for Anchor Bar which is one of the long-time venues in Ao Chalong. It is a friendly place in which to chill for a beer or two. They also have a good menu with Thai and western food.
- Opening Hours: Daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: Near the Chalong Circle heading toward the pier
Beer Garden is one of the bigger bars in the Chalong Pier area. It features large screen as well as two smaller TV’s so fans of international sports can have a clearer vision when their games are on. Beer Garden also has a local bulletin board on which you might come across something interesting.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Near Kang Eang @Pier Restaurant and the pier public car park
Chalong Sunrise (Suda’s Bar)
A typical Thai style open-air restaurant with great view of Chalong Bay out front, Chalong Sunrise has been run by a local family for more than a decade. They serve ABF, English breakfast and sandwiches among other things and the Thai menu is quite sizeable. Many residents stop by there time to time for a cool beer. This is a family joint, so there are no working girls in sight.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 until late and Low season opens from 07:00 – 17:00
- Location: Behind the Lighthouse Restaurant
Though it is not at all a sophisticated bar, Coconut is full of lively Thai ladies and ladyboys. It is an ideal place to relax and enjoy a beer or two with the friendly company before heading to a bigger and busier place. Nearby is the New Bar which offers a similar atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 17:00 – 02:00
- Location: Near the Chalong Circle heading toward the pier direction
Green Man Pub
A local favorite, especially for the Sunday lunch sessions, Green Man offers good old English pub grub in the only Tudor English Pub on the island. The place is fitted out for private parties including wedding and birthday celebrations. Green Man also has live music and amateur theatre from time to time. Prices are steep. Hotel pick-up service also available.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 - 02:00
- Location: 1 km from Chalong Circle heading towards Kata Beach
Kang Eang @Pier
Close to the pier, lies one of Phuket's best loved seafood restaurants - Kang Eang @Pier (KEP). Actually Chalong boasts two Kan Eangs, and both are on choice seafront land, both serve fresh seafood, and both are large affairs. K ang Eang @Pier, however, oozes class, tasteful design and dining comfort. Check out their bar which Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 06:30 – 23:00, Bar from 15:00 – 24:00
- Location: From Chalong Roundabout carry on straight towards the pier; KEP is at the end of the road on the right.
The Green Man Pub Phuket
Green Man Pub in Phuket is a popular place for British visitors and expats who are looking for a little taste of home whilst in Thailand. Of course, other nationalities can also enjoy the warm and welcoming ambience, the laid-back vibe, the extensive selection of drinks, and the tasty pub grub. The black and white Tudor-style Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00-02:00 daily
- Location: 82/15 Moo 4, Patak Road (4028), Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 390 360
The Lighthouse (formerly Jimmy’s Lighthouse)
Chalong is a great place to simply hang out and have a sundowner. At dusk when the boats return from the day's seafaring the scene gets lively. Along the waterfront are plenty of local eateries and laid-back bars. The Lighthouse is an old established yachties' hangout with great views over the harbour. Serving both local and Read More...
- Opening Hours: For breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Location: From the Chalong traffic circle make a turn toward the pier then turn left at the pier passing the public car park, carry on until almost the end of the road, where you will notice this striking white lighthouse
Also on the shoreline is an old favourite, the Tamarind Bar, serving excellent international food as well as local fare (you'll recognise it by the fairy lights.) On a good evening an impromptu party often fires up.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Facing Chalong Bay along the waterfront