Live Music in Patong Beach Nightlife
Patong Beach Nightlife
Patong, being the centre of nightlife on the island and indeed the south of Thailand, is the place to go for live and live-mix DJ music. For a town of this size there are a surprising amount of choices when it comes down to opting for folk, heavy rock, house or hip-hop. From simple pub groups giving you something to enjoy with your pint to rocking bars where the music is the main event, there’s no shortage of options.
On this page, we have listed most of the bars around the city which prominently feature live music. In the majority of cases, the genre of choice is classic and contemporary rock, with a little bit of heavy metal thrown in for fun. If you love the unique atmosphere created by talented musicians practising their craft, check these places out on your next night out.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Banana Bar is an open-air pub & restaurant and a part of Patong Beach Hotel. On the Beach Road, towards Soi Bangla and just outside Banana Disco, (a tremendously popular venue), Banana Bar offers live music nightly by the popular Sandman Band as well as an Elvis Show every Friday night from 20:30 – 21:30. Booking in advance in high season is recommended.
- Opening Hours: Nightly from 17:00 until late. The Sandman Band play nightly between 21:30 – 24:30
- Location: : In front of Banana Disco, not far from Bangla Road
- Tel: +66 (0)76-340301-2
Hard Rock is the latest addition to the Patong live music scene and is located on the Rat-U-Thit/Ruamjai Road corner adjacent to Courtyard Marriott Resort at the southern end of Patong. Situated on a 1,330sqm site, Hard Rock offers a 300-seater restaurant and bar area, patio seating and their signature retail Rock Shop which houses some impressive memorabilia from famous stars such as Madonna, Elvis Presley and Guns N’ Roses. Join them for nightly music from 20:50 till 01:30. Food & drinks can be on the expensive side but they offer regular ‘buy 1 get 1 free’ drink deals to those who join in on their ‘talent games’. Be brave Read More...
- Opening Hours: Restaurant open daily from 11:00 – 02:00, Merchandise open from 10:00 – 02:00, Talent games usually take place from 22:00 – 24:00
- Location: Adjacent to the Courtyard Marriott at the southern end of Rat-U-Thit Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-340210
Molly Malone’s is still going strong after more than a decade of delivering Guinness, Kilkenny pub food and good, semi-acoustic music. Expect jigs and reels and plenty of good-natured humour from talented musicians. Live music nightly from 21:30 onward. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 to 02:00
- Location: next to McDonald’s
- Tel: +66 (0)76 292 771
New York Live Music Bar
New York Live Music Bar is one of the most popular to party on Bangla Road, in the heart of Patong’s nightlife scene. Lively and packed almost every night, the venue may be small in size it emits an incredible energy making passers-by to stop just to have a look. The main reason of this success is the quality of the live band performing here; counting half a dozen of musicians, singers and dancers they set the stage on fire with cover songs brilliantly performed with high energy. Punters can make requests for their favourite songs and even join the band for a jam. Note that New York Live Music Bar is free of working girls (apart if you come with them).
- Opening Hours: from 20:00 – 02:00
- Location: on Bangla Road to the left of Soi Rico entrance
Further north, The Port at Banthai Beach Resort has nightly live performances that usually get people up and dancing, even though it’s more of a dining location. Filipino and even African acts perform there.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 01:00
- Location: Near Starbucks, in front of Banthai Beach Resort
- Type: +66 (0) 76 340850-4
Red Hot (formerly Margarita’s)
Red Hot (formerly Margarita’s) is a step above the usual Bangla brashness and is a perfect place to people-watch and listen to live bands playing every evening from 19:30 onwards. With food, TV and a pool table.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 until late
- Location: On the corner of Bangla Road and Rat-U-Thit
Rock City is the High Temple of live heavy metal and hard rock music in Patong Beach. First opened in 2005 along the Beach Road, it moved to its present location (facing Bangla Road on Rat-U-Thit road) in 2008 and has been a success story ever since. Its central location, in the same area as Tai Pan Disco, Rock Hard a Go-Go and Jungceylon makes it difficult to miss. Rock City’s main door is guarded by two Predator-like statues made of recycled engine spare parts and is overhung by a big screen advertising the place. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Nightly
- Location: Diagonally opposite Soi Bangla
Tao Nightclub Phuket combines a sophisticated décor with modern facilities and excellent drink prices to create one of the top live music bars in Patong, adding to an already lively scene of evening entertainment. Adapting perfectly to the audience, the band provides great Thai and western songs in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
A plush Chinese styling - featuring leather-effect table tops, red and gold wall panels and a tuk-tuk as a roof decoration – collides with industrial-style riveted girders and state-of-the-art lighting and screens. It creates an unusual but surprisingly effective mash-up of styles and themes, which mirrors the eclectic style of entertainment. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 19:00 - late
- Location: Bangla Road, at the entrance to Soi Vegas, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)87 272 2588
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Taonightclub1/