Nai Harn Beach Nightlife
Where to Go at Night in Nai Harn Beach
Nai Harn's nightlife is fairly quiet and spread out and as a result most people usually only hit one or two places during the entire evening. For early evening there are some pleasant, relaxed bars just metres from the beach at Nai Harn where you can have a nice cocktail or an ice-cold beer and watch the last vestiges of the day fade into darkness.
Prices in the Nai Harn area tend to be lower than Patong but higher than Phuket Town, since the primary clientele are foreigners.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Up in Nai Harn Village, on Sai Yuan Rd. you can find a few little bars worth checking out. Big Bar has poor signage and is better known as 'The Sauna Bar' because during the day it offers (you guessed it) sauna and massage services. At night it's a nice little place to hang out and play some pool or darts. Real pool sharks will be better off heading just up the road to Cheers Bar, where many of the best pool players in the area gather for infrequent tournaments.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 14:00 – late
- Location: On the road to Rawai, not far from Arue Restaurant
There is one actual nightclub in Nai Harn, Icon, on the road to Kata. Although it seems a little out of place in this laid-back, beach bum community, it has a snazzy interior and features three DJ’s pumping tracks out of a booming system each night. This nightclub is usually packed during the weekend. At front is the friendly Iconic Bar that has a pool table, free WiFi and pub food from steak & kidney pies and Aussie pies to burgers.
- Opening Hours: 23:00 – 05:00, Iconic Bar from 12:00 – 02:00
- Location: Leaving Nai Harn, on the road to Kata Hill
Casanova’s is a typical laid-back Nai Harn Restaurant with a simple interior and is full of familiar faces from the village.
- Opening Hours: Afternoon until 02:00
- Location: Next to the Garden Restaurant on the way to Kata, Sai Yuan Road
Nai Harn Sauna
Located just before the junction that leads to Rawai or Nai Harn Beach, Nai Harn Sauna offers bars, pool, extremely friendly girl hostesses and more.
- Location: Not far from Nai Harn Boxing Club, Sai Yuan Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-388038
In front of Yoonique and next to the road is the Reggae Bar, which is pretty much what you'd expect from a place as chilled out as Nai Harn: lots of bleary-eyed Rasta dudes chillin' out and nodding their heads to the constant reggae shuffle.
- Opening Hours: Late afternoon till late
- Location: Opposite Nai Harn Lake
Nai Harn Boxing Club Sport Bar
Lately this place has improved a lot. It now has an American pool table, a fuss ball table, a ping pong table, a darts set, three large plasma TV’s and ample board games. Food served includes real ABF, salads and grills. The interior of wooden structure and seating with red soft cushions is different from most bars in Nai Harn plus the fact that it sits near by the boxing rings and training equipments make it even cooler!
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Across the road from Nai Harn Sauna, Sai Yuan Road
The all-girl run Pukky's Bar located on Sai Yuan Road near the junctions where you either turn to Kata view point or to Nai Harn Village. It is a friendly, slightly noisy place with a pool table.
- Opening Hours: Afternoon until late
- Location: Next to the entrance to Nai Harn Green Village Resort and 7-Eleven
The name is deceptive: as tempting it is to anticipate a gay venue, the Nancy in question is a six-foot-tall ladyboy. The welcome combination of friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere with cheap beers on a quiet soi adds up to an attractive place.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – late
- Location: By Roxanne
The words ‘orange’ and ‘Irish’ coupled in the same sentence are bound to add up to controversy in many people’s book, so it’s a relief to discover that there are absolutely no politics behind the name or the bright orange façade of the three-storey Orange Irish Pub in Nai Harn down in the south of Phuket. There are three distinct sections to this pub; it comprises a drinking area, an upstairs dancing room and an al-fresco dining courtyard with room for 50 diners. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late
- Location: Nai Harn Village main road 41/8
Its unusual design and location sets Roxanne apart in that it is set on rocks with a natural rock stage out back. With a pool table and occasional live music and cocktail evenings it’s pretty atmospheric, there are ‘friendly girls’ here if that is your scene.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – late
- Location: Vichit Road between Nai Harn and Rawai
The Beach Plaza
Opposite Icon lies a group of bars under the name ‘The Beach Plaza’. All are opened as early as 10:00 and serve Thai and western food. The Beach Plaza is Nai Harn’s best-kept secret with its out-of-the-way location and many cheerful and super friendly hostesses (usually in skimpy dresses) dancing out front trying to lure people in; a guarantee that you will get full attention, especially on a quiet night in Phuket’s low season. Give it a try.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 until late
- Location: Opposite Icon, on the road to Kata
Da Vinci is a lovely open-air Italian restaurant. You can sit under the stars on a tropical night or play pool or watch a live match at the V Lounge. It's open daily from 08:30 for coffee and croissants and later in the afternoon, people come to enjoy cocktails and wine. V Lounge has large-screen TVs and mellow music and soft seating. Read More...
- Opening Hours: a Vinci opens daily from 17:30 onward (closed on Sundays during the low season) V Lounge opens daily from 08:30 – 02:00
- Location: In Nai Harn village in the B Zenter Mall. Park around the back – there's plenty of space.
Wassana combines the concept of massage outlet with a bar that also serves food. On Saturday nights the place gets busy as the free buffet and live music and a decidedly friendly atmosphere brings punters in and it all goes on until late. Mostly an expatriate watering hole, Wassana is worth checking out.
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 01:00
- Location: Near Icon on the road to Kata
Yoonique Stone Music Café
Without doubt the most inventive place in the area is Yoonique Stone Music Café, located opposite Nai Harn Lake, behind the Reggae Bar. The name is a slight misnomer since they only serve food on special events, usually held on Friday nights. The rest of the name is entirely accurate. 'Unique' is a perfect word to use for the funky, eclectic décor and arty atmosphere. It's also sort of logical as the owner's name is Yoon... Music is another focal point of the bar, with regular jam sessions (Tuesday nights and whenever musos want to get together – it's even used as a rehearsal place during the day), occasional performances from regional and international artists and one of the best selections of downloaded music on the island.
- Opening Hours: Late afternoon till late
- Location: Opposite Nai Harn Lake, behind the Reggae Bar