Aphrodite Cabaret Show in Phuket
Aphrodite is a glamorous cabaret show much in the same vein as Simon Cabaret in Patong. With a cast of hundreds it's certainly impressive to view and an entertaining night out. A large ship-like structure located opposite Tesco Lotus just outside Phuket Town, it houses a 900-seater theatre, a suki shop that can hold 350 diners Read More...
- Opening Hours: Showtimes: 18:00, 19:30, 21:00
- Location: Opposite Tesco Lotus on Phuket’s Bypass Road
- Tel: 076 612 888
Karaoke is extremely popular in Asia and Thailand is no exception. Locals in Phuket usually combine eating, drinking and crooning and this is the place to do it either in private 'VIP' rooms or in the open bar space.
- Opening Hours: For dinner
- Location: Phuket Road, diagonally opposite the Phuket Immigration Office, Phuket Road
Bowling - CS Bowl Centre Entertainment
Bowling enthusiasms can enjoy a few games at the only bowling centre in town, the CS Bowl Centre Entertainment located inside Big C. CS Bowl is usually busy over the weekend therefore they often offer special packages/promotions during weekdays such as ‘play three games pay only 100 baht deal’. The alley has shoes and socks for rent at the price of 30 baht per pair in case you need any. They also have extensive food and drink menus.
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri from 12:00 – 22:00, Sat and Sun from 11:00 – 22:00.
- Location: On the top floor of Big C, Bypass Road
- Tel: +66(0) 76 249 260
Buddy Café is about as Thai as you can get. Some 40 girls sing nightly. Members of the audience purchase garlands of flowers and drape them round the singers' necks. The singers later cash in the garlands with the café's management. There's plenty of plush seating and over-the-top décor and you can also order food.
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – 02:00
- Location: Soi Nimit off Chana Charoen Road, near Seahorse traffic circle
Cinemas and Movie Theatres
When in Phuket Town, check out SFX Coliseum at Central Festival Phuket Shopping Mall and the Coliseum Paradise Multiplex next to Ocean Shopping Mall. They both feature Thai, Western and Asian movies but SFX offers more English-language soundtracks than Coliseum. Both cinemas feature the usual drinks' and popcorn outlets plus VIP sections on top of standard seating as well as Game Zones.
- Location: SFX Coliseum is on the 3rd Fl., Central Festival on Bypass Rd Coliseum Paradise Multiplex is next to Ocean Shopping Mall on Tilok-U-Thit 1 Rd -
- Tel: SFX Coliseum’s phone +66 (0) 76 209 000 - Coliseum Paradise Multiplex’s Tel: +66 (0) 76 220 174
Cue Bar Phuket
Cue Bar Phuket offers a great escape from the heat and hustle of Phuket Town’s streets with ice cold beers, good food and a pleasant crowd of friendly locals and fun-loving tourists.
The Cue Bar always has a variety of different events going on throughout the week, from pool competitions to DJs spinning the latest hits, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 00:00
- Location: Near Clock Tower Roundabout, Phuket Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)81 403 3870
Fever Corner is a typical Thai-style beer garden with quite a few friendly hostesses around. Some customers hop from one place to another as there are a few more similar venues along the same road, notably Sure Garden and Seng Tawan. Prices for food and drinks are quite cheap compared to most west-coast tourist bars.
- Opening Hours: 19:00 – late
- Location: Near Talingchan Bridge over the canal on Takuapa Road
Ka Jok See Restaurant & Bar
Ka Jok See (meaning 'stained glass window') is one of the most successful restaurants on the island. Without any advertising at all, the restaurant has been featured in countless top magazines and newspapers around the globe such as UK Glamour, Conde Nast Traveler and the New York Times. The front door is hidden behind Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 18:00 – 24:00
- Location: Near Khanasutra Indian Restaurant on Takua Pa Road, a short walk from the Rassada traffic circle
Kor Tor Mor Club
Kor Tor Mor is a popular pub/club that caters to trendy Thais. Located near the Seahorse Circle (sometimes known as Nimit Circle), it's usually packed every weekend and on some Friday nights it is all but impossible to get in. The house band plays Thai pop and rock nightly plus DJ's fire up the dance floor between the acts and later on. It's the perfect place to go if you want to get away from the mad Patong scene and mingle with locals. As is the norm in most Thai nightclubs there is no cover or corkage charge if you bring your own liquor (there's even a special garbage container outside for disposing opened liquor boxes) but you will need to pay for mixers, ice and beer. Don't wear shorts and sandals here – there's a dress code.
- Opening Hours: 21.00 - 02.00
- Location: Near the Seahorse Circle, Chana-Charoen Road (behind Robinson Department Store)
Michael's Bar, on Takua Pa Road off Rassada, is basically an expat hangout and features a pool table, sports TV, Internet connections and Western snacks. Regular Happy Hour is from 12:00 – 05:00 (or 16:00 – 19:00 in low season.).
- Location: Near Ka Jok See, Takua Pa Road
For the best Mojitos in town check out Music Matter (sic). Run by a local musician, the open-sided, hole-in-the-wall bar has hopping jazz jams every Wednesday night. Read More...
- Location: Not far from Ocean Plaza downtown, on a small soi between Tilok Utis 1 Road and Phuket Road. Music Matter is actually hiding behind a small restaurant that has long ivy at front.
Pink Chamois and Pink Lady
Located in the basement of the Metropole Hotel, Pink Chamois offers live music nightly sung karaoke-style the hostesses, as well as some private karaoke rooms. The same company owns two more similar venues in town but these don't feature live bands. These are the Pink Lady Club, behind Sengho Bookstore and Pink Lady 2002, not far from the Royal Phuket City Hotel. Drinks are more expensive than in most other night venues in town. Not a family-friendly choice.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 19:00 – 01:30
- Location: Pink Chamois is at the basement of the Metropole Hotel. Pink Lady is behind Sengho Bookstore on Montree Road. Pink Lady 2002 on Phang Nga Road near the junction of Montree Road.
Prohibition Bar plays on the speakeasy theme from the 1920s, with an impressive cocktail list, craft beers and snack menu. At first looking like quite a small bar, a push on the bookshelf at the back will reveal that it is actually a door that takes you to a secret back room. Video clips of music from the ‘70s-‘90s can be viewed on the screens.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 18:00 - 00:00. Closed Mondays.
- Address: 87 Yaowarat road, Thalad Nua. Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)93 565 6542
Quip Sky Bar
Quip Sky Bar, Phuket Town’s first ever rooftop bar, brings a distinctly artistic touch to the old city, as well as some cool views and a rather unusual line-up of lobster dishes. Located upstairs at Quip Bed & Breakfast, the fifth floor al fresco space continues the hotel’s quirky and flamboyant style while providing a Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 24:00
- Location: 5th Floor, Quip Bed & Breakfast, next to the corner of Phuket and Rasada Roads.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 635 5052, +66 (0)84 246 2222
Rockin' Angels Café
Rockin' Angels is a must for music lovers and artists. The Singaporean owner is a guitarist and singer and an all-round nice guy and so impromptu jam sessions are the norm, with some very lively evenings. Read More...
- Location: From the Rassada traffic circle heading up Yaowarat Road, Rockin’Angels is on the left-hand side before the first traffic lights
Siam Niramit Phuket
Siam Niramit Phuket is a tastefully done cultural extravaganza that adds variety and vitality to the island’s entertainment scene. Perfectly located just off the By-Pass Road in the outskirts of Phuket Town, it is set in prime lakeside land. The show features songs, dance routines and traditional martial arts.
Just like its sister theatre in Siam Read More...
- Opening Hours: The show runs once a day, six days a week, and is closed on Tuesdays
Show Time: 20:30. Theatre gates open at 20:00. Its attractions and facilities open at 17:30
- Location: Just off the By-Pass Road between Tesco-Lotus Supermarket and the Airport Road junction, Phuket Town.
Simon Star Cabaret Show
Simon Star ladyboy cabaret show in Samkong, Phuket is definitely for everyone including families, couples and all-girl-get-together events. Some people come to see the transgender and transvestite show out of curiosity but many are simply looking for nothing but a fun night out. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Twice daily at 18:30 and 20:00
- Location: Simon Star Cabaret is in the Samkong Area of Phuket City. It is located in the same compound of a venue formally known as Phuket Orchid Garden & Thai Village behind Phuket Rajabhat University. You’ll also find a Thai-Chinese restaurant by the name Phuket Orchid Garden right next to it.
The stylish Sofa Pub is located at the entrance of an up-and-coming nightlight area called Limelight Avenue along New Dibuk Road. It has live bands and some interesting dishes including grilled prawns with lime as well as local-style spicy fish cakes. Sofa Pub is a regular hangout for Phuket yuppies and features a modern yet warm atmosphere with friendly service.
- Location: On New Dibuk Road, not far from Raya Restaurant. Look for the huge Chivas sign out front, you can’t miss it.
T2 Live Music
T2 is one of the main shakers when it comes to nightlife in Phuket Town. Again, it's popular with the Thai whisky & mixer set and it doesn't offer anything wildly original in terms of musical entertainment. The bands usually blast out Thai Indie stuff and the odd Western rock tune. The DJ plays a kind of techno-hip hop hybrid and it's all very, very loud. Not really a place to meet people because of the noise but if you're into dancing that's another story
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – late
- Location: By Surin Traffic Circle and the Metropole Hotel
Timber Hut is an institution on the Phuket Town nightlife scene. First opened way back in 1990, this Thai live music pub has been entertaining Phuket’s hi-so youngsters for years with a décor and ambiance that has barely changed over the years. Located on Yaowarat Road at the northern entrance of Phuket Old Town, Timber Hut Read More...
- Location: Near the Merlin Hotel junction on Yaowarat Rd
Z1MPLEX Mixology Laboratory Phuket
Z1MPLEX Mixology Laboratory Phuket specializes in serving shots, and the owners have elevated this humble tipple to a fine art. You are given an iPad from which you can order your drinks and they are crafted in front of your eyes.
Most of the shots here are priced from 250-400 baht and contain a mix of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 21:00 – 01:00
- Location: 156/48 Phang Nga Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: + 66 84 003 6664