The main nightspot here is the Tiger Complex which – bizarrely enough – houses a Thai boxing stadium upstairs and a warren of bars downstairs. It’s an odd arrangement but it works. No wonder the colloquial pronunciation for this road comes out close to ‘psycho’… Along the road you’ll find bars, karaoke places and food stands – some staying open till very late.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Bangla Boxing Stadium
Bangla Boxing Stadium features regular Thai boxing (or Muay Thai) fights three nights a week; on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. It is run by a team of professional Muay Thai promoters who are said to present only the real deal in the ring. Many of the fighters here are foreign boxers who train hard before getting in the ring. If you are lucky, you might have the chance to witness some women’s matches which also take place here – but not as often as men’s events.
Bangla Boxing Stadium is located just opposite Banzaan Fresh Market behind Jungceylon Shopping Mall in Patong. It’s a bit of an odd setup in terms of design and atmosphere. The actual stadium is upstairs in a building called the Tiger Complex, on top of dozens of open-air bars. From the outside the whole scene looks like something out of ‘The Flintstones’ cartoon as it looks more like a big cave than a modern sports stadium. But don’t let this fool you; once you step inside, it’s a serious boxing stadium alright.
Bangla Boxing Stadium was originally located in Soi Bangla (hence the name) moved once or twice before settling here a few years back. Ticket prices are divided into a few categories with the VIP seat being the most expensive one. Children get 50% off any quoted price.
- Opening Hours: Weekly on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 21:00 – 23:00
- Location: Opposite Banzaan Fresh Market behind the mega Jungceylon in Patong (look for the large building with big Muay Thai boxer figures on top)
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-366 129
Bars at Tiger Complex
The Tiger Complex behind Jungceylon is probably best known for its Bangla Boxing Stadium but in reality it offers much more than that. As one of the largest entertainment venues in Patong, Tiger Complex features no less than 70 small bars altogether. Though their happy hours last from 13:00 – 19:00, the place usually becomes alive much later on the night. Expect the usual bar games and friendly hostesses.
Tiger Complex is part of Tiger Group Patong, a company with a lot of experience in night entertainment. They own quite a handful of night venues and hotels in Patong such as Tiger Discotheque in Bangla Road and Tiger Inn Patong on Rat-U-Thit Road.
- Location: Opposite Banzaan Fresh Market behind Jungceylon in Patong (look for the large building with big Muay Thai boxer figures on top, you can’t miss it)
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-366 129
Did you try any fun place on Sai Kor Road? Tell us about it, what was it like? What did you enjoy about it? Use the Feedback Form at the bottom of this page! (we will of course respect your privacy)