The iconic Ska Bar is tucked into the huge granite boulders at the southern end of Kata Beach.
As the name implies, it is run by dreadlocked Rastafarians with a keen sense of business as this place is hopping most nights, with many making the sunset hour a priority.
The sounds here are mostly reggae with a touch of hip-hop and R&B and the drink of choice a cold Chang Beer. Ska Bar has two floors and is quite compact so it can easily feel crowded but that’s an advantage as there is a marked sense of camaraderie with lots of friendly drinkers and there are even fire dancers on the beach to keep things hot and interesting.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Location: Very south end of Kata Beach
- Type: Reggae beach bar