Ska Bar on Kata Beach
Kata Beach Nightlife
The iconic Ska Bar is tucked into the huge granite boulders at the southern end of Kata Beach.
As the name implies, it is run by dreadlocked Rastafarians with a keen sense of business as this place is hopping most nights, with many making the sunset hour a priority.
The sounds here are mostly reggae with a touch of hip-hop and R&B and the drink of choice a cold Chang Beer. Ska Bar has two floors and is quite compact so it can easily feel crowded but that’s an advantage as there is a marked sense of camaraderie with lots of friendly drinkers and there are even fire dancers on the beach to keep things hot and interesting.
Of course sunset time means the added extra of happy hour prices so Ska Bar for sunset is a win-win situation.
- Location: Very south end of Kata Beach
- Type : Reggae beach bar
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by speed boat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe