12 Best Yoga Studios in Phuket
Best Places for Yoga in Phuket
The best yoga studios in Phuket help you to maximise your relaxation during your holiday. This is a fantastic place to get away from it all, with its scenic beauty and seemingly endless stretches of sun-kissed sandy beaches. It is an ideal place to practice yoga, so that you can make the most of the peaceful surroundings and really feel the rejuvenating effects of this increasingly popular activity.
While some hotels are starting to offer limited facilities, professional studios run by dedicated instructors are often a better option, providing top-notch equipment, classes throughout the day, a greater range of yoga styles and more experienced teachers. While the choice of yoga studios in Phuket is not a wide one, we have picked out the most popular and best equipped of them in our selection below. Note that the prices listed are for single drop-in sessions, but all yoga studios in Phuket offer discount packages.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Sumalee Yoga Shala is a traditional thai style open sala situated in the lush tropical grounds of Sumalee Boxing Gym on the east coast of Phuket. All equipment is provided at no extra cost and a varied program of yoga is on offer. Yoga practice can be followed by a swim in the on-site pool situated alongside the sala. There are daily classes (except Sunday) and private classes can be arranged. There is an ongoing program of retreats, with on-site accommodation, giving a unique opportunity to combine yoga practice with Muay Thai training. A yogic menu is available in the Sumalee Ringside Restaurant.
2The Little Yoga Room Chalong0
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 07.30 - 18.30
- Address: Moo 3, Soi Hua Tha, Sri Sunthon Road, Tha Ruea, Thalang, Phuket, Thailand 83110
- Tel: +66 (0)88-017-3018
- Website: http://sumaleeboxinggym.com/yoga-studio/
Small and intimate but traditionally styled with rattan walls, a wooden floor and peaceful tropical surroundings, The Little Yoga Room stays true to its name and is widely regarded as the best room in Phuket for Yoga. The Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series is taught by Becky, who can also instruct you in Emotional Freedom Technique and Neuro-Linguistic Programming. She creates a friendly and approachable atmosphere for beginners as well as a high-quality yoga experience for those with more experience. Mats and towels are available, but students are advised to bring their own water.
3Ganesha Yoga Shala Rawai0
- Opening Hours: First class at 09:00. Closed Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Location: 36/17 Soi Palai (Phuket Zoo Road), Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0)84 442 4634
- Price Range: 350 baht per class
A pleasant little yoga sanctuary in the south of Phuket, Ganesha Yoga Shala is located in a very quiet residential street near Rawai. With a maximum of 15 people per class, the experienced Ashtanga Yoga teacher – Julie – can give each student more attention, making it an especially good choice for beginners. There is villa accommodation for three guests available right next door, provided by the shala for maximum convenience and comfort. Mats, towels and more are available to borrow and buy.
4Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Shala Phuket Phuket Town0
- Opening Hours: First class at 08:00 on Tue and Thu, 17:30 on Mon, Wed and Fri and 09:00 on Sun. Closed Saturdays
- Location: 25/7 Soi Salika, Viset Road, Rawai
- Tel: +66 (0)89 868 2639
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ganeshayogaphuket
- Price Range: 350 baht per class
The Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Shala Phuket (TAYSP) has a choice of programmes available in their modern, air-conditioned studio, situated just behind Phuket International Hospital. This includes instruction from mentors Rich and Sofya in other aspects of a healthy and peaceful lifestyle beyond just going through the motions of Ashtanga Yoga and goes all the way from a seven-day detox to a four-week yoga teacher training course. Mats and towels can be borrowed and bought and accommodation is available on site.
5Mindbody Yoga Studio Rawai0
- Opening Hours: First class at 07:30. Closed Sundays
- Location: Baan Suan Place, 38/3 Moo 5, Bangyai Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)80 698 0813
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/AshtangaYogaShalaPhuket
- Price Range: 400 baht per class
With more than a quarter of a century of yoga experience, Kim White guides students through her own signature yoga system. Mindbody Yoga does not claim to be a totally new system, but a simplified, more pure version of the more heavily marketed formats. She also teaches Aerial, Vinyasa, Hatha and other forms of yoga. Primarily based at the modern, air-conditioned Sala Samadhi in Rawai, Kim also runs classes at Yoga Connections in Chalong as well as multi-day retreats at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa in Mai Khao.
- Location: 59/142 Soi Saiyuan 15, Rawai
- Tel: +66 (0)86 276 9174
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SalaSamadhiYoga
- Price Range: 350 baht per class
Founded by teacher Yahnee Loh, iYoga practices a range of therapeutic yoga styles with an emphasis on breathing techniques as well as mental purification. Set in a cool, spacious, air-conditioned studio in a tranquil and convenient location in central Phuket, classes are beginner-friendly but can also be made challenging for experienced students. Mats, towels, blocks, straps and drinking water are all available and there is a shower room on site.
7Yoga Republic Surin0
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 07:00 – 21:00, Sat – Sun 09:00 – 11:00
- Location: Wana Park, 177/36 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Road, Surin
- Tel: +66 (0)85 889 1580
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/iyogaphuket
- Price Range: 650 baht per class
A modern, well-equipped studio near Surin Beach, Yoga Republic has separate showers for men and women as well as a juice bar, outdoor gazebo, indoor chill area, shops and more. Naturally, mats and towels are available for complimentary use. An experienced and friendly team led by Jack Farras can instruct you in Hot Yang, Fusion Flow, in Yin Yoga. The heating system used for the Hot Yoga is particularly innovative, maximising the oxygen in the air to keep the workout comfortable. Jack also teaches his own fusion brand of yoga, incorporating elements of Vinyasa, Iyengar and Yin Yoga.
8Bikram Yoga Phuket Patong0
- Opening Hours: First class at 09:15
- Location: Bangtao Place, 123/3-5 Moo 5, Srisoonthorn Road, Surin
- Tel: +66 (0)82 280 3914
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/yogarepublic.co
- Price Range: 550 baht per class
Founded by internationally-renowned instructor Bikram Choudhury, Bikram Yoga teaches the 26-position routine of its namesake style, which gets your blood oxygenated and flowing. The modern studio on the third floor of the Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa is mirrored to help you see if you are doing each pose correctly and is also heated to body temperature. There is a 50 baht rental fee for mats and shower towels, with one yoga towel per student available for free.
9Kata Yoga Kata0
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 08:30 – 21:00, Sat – Sun 08:30 – 17:30
- Location: 3rd Floor, Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa, 190 Thaweewong Road, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 895 4892
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bikramyogaphuket
- Price Range: 600 baht per class
Specialising in Hot Yoga, Kata Yoga’s studio is modern, clean and well-equipped, with male and female showers, toilets and changing rooms with lockers. The dehumidifying-heating system ensures that only the students are heated and not the air that you breathe. Towels and professional-grade mats are provided and fresh chilled coconuts are available to drink before or after your class. Retreats featuring accommodation, personal training, herbal steam room sessions and Thai massages are also available.
10State of Mind Center Chalong0
- Opening Hours: First class at 09:00
- Location: 217 Khoktanod Road, Kata
- Tel: +66 (0)7 660 5950
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Kata-Hot-Yoga-Group-154858941192900
- Price Range: 550 baht per class
The State of Mind Center has a modern, mirrored studio in a quiet and peaceful area of Chalong, teaching Hatha, Ashtanga-Vinyasa, Kundalini, Sri Sri and pre-natal yogas, as well as classes in Pilates, meditation and Ayurveda therapy. Class sizes are limited, ensuring that you enjoy close supervision from the experienced instructors. Seven- and 14-day retreats with on-site accommodation are available, as are mats, towels, fresh juices and other supplies.
11Belove Yoga Karon0
- Opening Hours: 07:30 – 21:00
- Location: 19/62 Moo 8, Chao Fa Road, Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0)80 519 0741, +66 (0)99 090 5063
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/stateofmindcenter
- Price Range: 450 baht per class
A cool and breezy wall-less rooftop studio on top of CC’s Hideaway Hotel, Belove Yoga offers great views out towards Karon Beach with your Hatha, Kundalini, Ashtanga-Vinyasa, Nidra, Yin and Acro Yoga classes. Led by the hotel’s Wellness Director Luis Enrique Jimenez, classes are not restricted to just hotel guests and include free drinking water, towels, mats and yoga equipment as well as use of the outdoor pool, showers and Wi-Fi and even a drink of green tea after the session. Retreats of up to eight days are available and feature other added bonuses provided by the hotel.
12Baan Yoga Phuket Nai Yang0
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 19:00
- Location: CC’s Hideaway Hotel, 84/21 Patak Soi 10, Karon
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 3222, +66 (0)85 472 5097
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Feelhappydoingyoga
- Price Range: 325 baht per class
Set far from the busy tourist crowds, close to the airport, Baan Yoga Phuket offers retreats, workshops, classes, a healthy café and a shop selling a wide range of yoga-related wares. Their on-site bungalows emphasise simplicity and a friendly, at-home feeling. Mats and towels are available for free.
- Opening Hours: 07:30 - 20:00
- Location: near Phuket International Airport, 53/1 Moo 1, Nai Yang
- Tel: +66 (0)92 380 9200
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/baanyogaphuket
- Price Range: Approx 530 baht per class
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)