The best yoga studios in Phuket can help you maximise your relaxation during your holiday. This is a fantastic place to get away from it all, with its scenic beauty and seemingly endless stretches of sun-kissed sandy beaches. The island is an ideal place to practice yoga, as you can make the most of its peaceful surroundings and really feel the rejuvenating effects of this popular activity.
While some hotels offer complimentary yoga sessions, professional studios run by dedicated instructors are often the better option, providing top-notch equipment, classes throughout the day, and a greater range of yoga styles. We have picked out Phuket's most popular and best-equipped yoga studios in our selection below.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Sumalee Yoga is a traditional Thai-style sala located on the east coast of Phuket. All equipment is provided at no extra cost. There are group and private classes on vinyasa flow, Hatha and yin yoga. After your practice, you can enjoy a swim in the onsite pool next to the sala.
A yogic menu is available at the Sumalee Ringside Restaurant. Part of Sumalee Boxing Gym, you can opt for multi-day retreats that combine yoga practice with Muay Thai training.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7.30am to 6pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 234 Moo 3, Soi Hua Tha, Sri Sunthon Road, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)88 017 3018
Ganesha Yoga ShalaRawai
Ganesha Yoga Shala is located in a very quiet residential street near Rawai. An experienced Ashtanga Yoga teacher leads a maximum of 15 people per class, giving each student more attention. This pleasant yoga sanctuary is quite popular among beginners.
There's a villa accommodation for 3 guests right next door, provided by the shala for those who want convenience and comfort. You can also rent (or buy) mats, towels and blocks at Ganesha Yoga Shala.
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday from 8am to 9.30am, Tuesday, Thursday–Friday from 5.30pm to 7pm, Sunday from 9am to 10.30am (closed on Saturdays)
- Location: 25/7 Soi Saliga, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 868 2639
Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Shala PhuketPhuket Town
The Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Shala Phuket (TAYSP) has a choice of wellness programs available in their modern, air-conditioned studio. You can take part in week-long retreats on anti-ageing, water fasting, weight loss, and detox. Aspiring teachers can also join TAYSP's 200-hour yoga teacher training course. Mats and towels are provided.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 7.30am to 9am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Clubhouse at Land & House Park, 26/8, Pattana Soi 8, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)80 698 0813
Kim White YogaRawai
Kim White Yoga, with over 25 years of teaching experience, guides students through her own signature yoga system. Primarily based at the modern, air-conditioned Sala Samadhi in Rawai, she also specialises in aerial, Vinyasa, Hatha flow and yin yoga. Kim also runs classes at Santosa Wellness Center in Karon and multi-day retreats at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa in Mai Khao.
- Opening Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30am, Tuesday at 6pm, Thursday at 8.30am and 6pm, Saturday at 9am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 59/142 Soi Saiyuan 15, Saiyuan Road, Rawai,Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)86 276 9174
iYoga practices a range of therapeutic yoga styles, with an emphasis on breathing techniques and mental purification. Founded by teacher Yahnee Loh, it occupies a cool, spacious and air-conditioned studio in a convenient location in central Phuket. Classes are beginner-friendly but can also be made challenging for experienced students. Mats, towels, blocks, straps and drinking water are available at iYoga.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30am to 7pm
- Location: Kamala Soi 8 Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)88 760 5177
- Price Range: 650 baht per class
Yoga Republic Phuket is a modern, well-equipped studio near Surin Beach. There are separate showers for men and women, a juice bar, outdoor gazebo, indoor chill area, and retail shops. Naturally, mats and towels are available for complimentary use. An experienced and friendly team led by Jack Farras instructs you in hot yang, fusion flow, and yin yoga. The heating system used for hot yoga is particularly innovative, maximising the oxygen in the air to keep the practice comfortable. Jack also teaches his own fusion style of yoga, incorporating elements of Vinyasa, Iyengar and yin yoga.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.15am to 8pm
- Location: 123/3-5 Moo 5 Srisoonthorn Road, Choengtalay, Talang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)82 280 3914
Kata Hot YogaKata
Kata Hot Yoga’s studio is modern, clean and well-equipped, with male and female showers, toilets, as well as changing rooms with lockers. The dehumidifying-heating system ensures a comfortable yet challenging yoga practice. Towels and professional-grade mats are provided. You can also enjoy fresh and chilled coconut water before or after your class. Kata Hot Yoga often hosts retreats that include accommodation, personal training, herbal steam room sessions, and Thai massages.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 9.15am to 8.45pm, Saturday–Sunday from 9am to 6.45pm
- Location: 217 Khoktanod Road, Kata Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 605 950
- Price Range: 550 baht per class
Belove Yoga PhuketKaron
Belove Yoga at CC’s Hideaway Hotel offers Hatha, Kundalini, Ashtanga-Vinyasa, Nidra, yin and acro yoga classes with expansive views of Karon Beach. Classes at this cool and breezy rooftop studio are led by the hotel’s wellness director, Luis Enrique Jimenez.
A session here includes free drinking water, towels, mats and yoga equipment. You can also the outdoor pool, showers and free Wi-Fi after your yoga practise. For those who want a comprehensive wellness holiday in Phuket, the hotel organises retreats of up to 8 days.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 8pm
- Location: CC’s Hideaway Hotel, 84/21 Patak Soi 10, Karon
- Tel: +66 (0)76 333 222
Baan Yoga PhuketNai Yang
Baan Yoga Phuket offers retreats, workshops, classes, a healthy café and a shop selling yoga-related wares. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, the studio has many onsite bungalows with a friendly, at-home atmosphere. You can enjoy Hatha yoga classes, which focus on connecting the body and mind through posture, breathing, and meditation. Mats and towels are available for free.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Friday from 9am to 7pm, Saturday–Sunday from 9am to 5pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 53/1, Sakoo, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 380 9200