Go-Go bars in Phuket are a big part of the nightlife scene on the island, with all sorts of visitors seeking out the bright neon lights of Bangla Road for a fun and lively night out with friends. The typical layout of a Phuket go-go bar has seating around the edge of the room, where the patrons are joined by some of the staff for a drink and friendly companionship. These dancers each take their turn on the central stage between chats with customers.
There are good and bad go-go bars in Phuket, and clueless punters can go from well-design bars with friendly staff to dark and dingy hovels if they don't know where to go. These are some of the more fun and friendly places.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Suzy Wong’sSoi Seadragon, Patong Beach
This lively bar at the very end of Soi Seadragon has a friendly, social atmosphere – kind of like a cheerful local pub, but with special dance shows. The décor is oriental-themed, as are the uniforms of the efficient waitresses. Add the cowboy hats worn by the dancers on stage with a rock and pop music backing and you have the feel of the Wild East of Hong Kong in the 1920s. Being among the most popular and best-known bars on Soi Seadragon – as well as being relatively small – it gets busy quite quickly and stays that way through the night. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7.30pm to 3.30am
- Location: 23/17-18 Soi Sea Dragon, Bangla Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Harem ClubSoi Seadragon, Patong Beach
Harem Club is one of the best and most luxurious go-go bars in Patong. It's a really comfortable place and is the largest bar of its kind in town. It has 2 large main stages, with smaller surrounding platforms. Despite the plush red velvet sofas, fancy decoration and general appearance of a high-price venue, the drinks prices are the same as any other bars around and entrance is free. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8pm to 3am
- Location: 21/5-8 Soi Seadragon, Bangla Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Devil’s Playground A Go-GoSoi Seadragon, Patong Beach
Under the same management as Suzy Wong’s (and sometimes even known as “Suzi Wong 2”), Devil's Playground is a few doors closer to Bangla Road than its sister venue. It shares the same fun vibe but in a very different way. Unique among the go-go bars in Phuket for its exceptional design, both the exterior and interior have a cavern-like look. The traditional chrome poles on the central stage have been creatively replaced with hanging chains. Relative to the size of the venue, however, the main stage and the second one with a mattress on it are quite small and there is a lot of floor and seating space around them. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 19:30 – 03:30
- Location: 23/4-5 Soi Seadragon, Patong Beach
Rock Hard's Crazy GirlsBangla Road, Patong Beach
First opened in its prominent location at the Rat-U-Thit Road end of Soi Bangla in the early 1990s, this was the first and finest go-go bar in Phuket. It has undergone several evolutions since then and now consists of 2 beer bars downstairs (which start serving drinks from 2pm) and a go-go bar upstairs. The emphasis is on entertainment over explicit content, with 2 quite big stages in the L-shaped spaces (instead of the more typical one).
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7.30pm to 12am
- Location: 188 Ratuthit Songroipi Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand