The best night markets in Phuket have a special festival feel to them, often being accompanied by street performances and music. Local markets are often a good place to find some great bargains and some souvenirs and keepsakes. However, why waste a perfectly good beach day? Wandering around a busy marketplace under the scorching sun will have you drenched in sweat within minutes.
That’s where night markets have the advantage. Food vendors do a roaring trade at Phuket night markets, making them excellent spots to enjoy your evening meal, experience genuine Thai street food, and shop in cool comfort, all at the same time.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Chillva MarketPhuket Town
Chillva Market in Phuket is a trendy night market with a somewhat bohemian vibe and an impressive selection of food, fashion and souvenir stalls. Located by the side of Yaowarat Road, it has colourful shipping containers as shopfronts. The night market also has an overwhelmingly local feel, with attractively low prices to match. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 11pm (closed on Sundays)
- Address: 141/2 Yaowarat Road, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 152 1919
Phuket Weekend MarketPhuket Town
Phuket Weekend Market is one of the island's largest night markets. It's a fascinating jumble of secondhand goods, curios, and souvenirs, as well as great local food to sample. Finding something original and unique at this night market takes a little perseverance, but there's enough to choose from. that you will certainly find the ideal souvenir eventually. Phuket Weekend Market can get very crowded and quite stuffy, especially in the covered part of the market. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Sunday from 4pm to 11pm (closed from Mondays to Fridays)
- Location: 7 Wirat Hong Yok Rd, Phuket Town, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Phuket Walking StreetPhuket Town
Phuket Walking Street, occupying a picturesque part of Phuket Old Town, is both a cultural attraction and night market on the island. The old Sino-Portuguese houses, which line the 350-metre-long street, are lit up in vibrant colours.
The space between these buildings is packed with stalls selling traditional local foods, Thai handicrafts, modern fashion and souvenirs. You'll often find buskers and performers offering entertaining distractions from your retail therapy. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sundays from 4pm to 10pm
- Location: Thalang Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Phuket Indy Night MarketPhuket Town
Phuket Indy Night Market hosts independent traders instead of typical market peddlers in Phuket Town. It's one of Phuket’s quieter night markets, but very popular among young Thais for its entertainment and homemade snacks. Despite its small size, Phuket Indy Night Market offers a pleasant shopping experience, and you'll likely able to find something special at a great price. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Friday from 4pm to 10.30pm (closed from Saturdays to Tuesdays)
- Location: Limelight Avenue Phuket, Dibuk Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 474 5253
Malin Plaza PatongPatong Beach
Malin Plaza Patong is particularly popular for its food stands, but you can also find an impressive range of souvenirs. The night market is fairly small, with its main part protected from the elements under a high metal roof.
If you're here for dinner, must-tries include fried chicken and chips, crepes, ice cream, sushi, 90-baht cocktails, and fresh fruit. Prices are low, making Malin Plaza Patong a popular dining spot for budget travellers in Patong. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to midnight
- Location: Prachanukhro Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 323 0333