Local markets are often a good place to find some great bargains and some weird-and-wonderful souvenirs and keepsakes. However, why waste a perfectly good beach day? Wandering around a busy marketplace under the scorching sun – you’ll be swimming in sweat in seconds! That’s where night markets have the advantage.
Only opening after the heat of the day, Phuket night markets have a special festival feel to them, often being accompanied by street performances and music. Hot food vendors also do a roaring trade, so they can be a great place to have your evening meal, experience genuine Thai street food and shop in cool comfort, all at the same time. Here, we have picked out the 5 Best Night Markets in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Chillva Market Phuket is a cool, trendy night market with a somewhat bohemian vibe and an impressive selection of food, fashion and other stalls, despite a relatively small size. Hard to miss by the side of Yaowarat Road, it has a distinctive look created by the use of colourful shipping containers as shopfronts. It beats other options to the top of our list of the best night markets in Phuket because of its overwhelmingly local feel, with mostly local prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Container shops only: daily 16:00 – 22:00
Full market: Thu – Sat 16:00 – 23:00
- Address: 141/2 Yaowarat Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)99 152 1919
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Chillvamarket
When it comes to shopping, size matters. Phuket Weekend Market is the largest of the night markets on the island, with it being easier for us to list what you can’t find for sale at a knock-down price here than what you can. Finding something original and unique takes a little more perseverance, but there is enough to choose from that you will certainly find the ideal souvenir eventually. A victim of its own popularity, it can get very crowded and quite stuffy in the covered part of the market. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sat - Sun 16:00 - 21:00
- Location: Chao Fa West Road, Phuket Town
Set in a picturesque part of Phuket Old Town, Walking Street is as much a cultural attraction as is a great night market. The old Sino-Portuguese houses, which line the 350m road, get lit up in vibrant colours while the space between them becomes a cornucopia of traditional local foods, Thai handicrafts and, of course, t-shirts, dresses, shoes and other apparel. Between the stalls, you will find buskers and performers, offering entertaining distractions from your retail therapy. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun 16:00 - 22:00
- Location: Thalang Road, Phuket Town
As its name suggests, the Indy Market is home to independent traders rather than professional peddlers and, being locally known as “a market to let go of your goods”, is the closest thing Phuket has to a ‘bring-and-buy’ sale. One of Phuket’s quieter night markets, it is popular with young Thais for its entertainment and great homemade snacks. Despite its small size, it is one of the most cool and comfortable markets, where you are sure to find something special to buy at a great price. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thu - Fri 16:00 - 22:00
- Location: Limelight Avenue, Dibuk Road, Phuket Town
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/lardploykhong
Malin Plaza is particularly popular for its food stands, of which there are a great many. The tastes are great and the prices are low, making it a popular dining spot for budget travellers in Patong. So many cookers so close together makes this area quite warm, but good ventilation in the covered area keeps you cool while you check out the wares. The market is fairly small, but the quality is generally good and, in some cases, the goods are quite rare. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 14:00 - 24:00
- Location: Prachanukhro Road, Patong
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/MalinPlaza.Patong